A/AA State Finals Notre Dame vs CAK

chasanooga

Notre Dame and CAK will meet in the finals Saturday at GPS at high noon. I just finished watching CAK beat CPA 2-1 and they have some incredible speed on their team. Certainly CAK is favored as they remain undefeated this year. Notre Dame is playing very well right now but do they have enough speed and firepower to stay with CAK?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notre Dame and CAK will meet in the finals Saturday at GPS at high noon. I just finished watching CAK beat CPA 2-1 and they have some incredible speed on their team. Certainly CAK is favored as they remain undefeated this year. Notre Dame is playing very well right now but do they have enough speed and firepower to stay with CAK?

I think CAK has just too much for Notre Dame to handle. Really athletic, fast, and a great coach.

CAK stays undefeated.

GO WARRIORS!

The Big G "points to ponder"

#4 for ND is, in my opinion, one of the best players on ND's squad. I was so impressed with her play, knowledge, and skill on the ball. What an outstanding player. CAK will have to figure out a way to commit her and then pass the ball off. Fortunately, CAK has some really talented forwards, so they aren't limited to just one attacker being effective. Even so, ND's defense is pretty good. I couldn't judge their speed too well, because I didn't think Greeneville threatened them on the quick attack. CAK's speed is incredible on the flanks (of which CPA did an outstanding job countering last night, which is what I think kept them in the game).

ND also has a "firecracker" on the right side. Don't remember the number, but she had dark hair and was a bit short, but MAN she played like she was 6 foot 3! Gave EVERYTHING in all her tackles and play. Another great player!

ND also has a smart keeper. Good technical skill and doesn't seemed to get rattled.

For CAK to win, they will need to be patient and POSSESS (which is something I don't think they did well last night). Work the ball around the back, and switch the point of attack. Don't rely on your speed, but use it when necessary. Attack with numbers, and not just with Mary, Ruthie and Kiah. There is SO much talent in the midfield, if Brit and Paige get involved in the attack, and ESPECIALLY if Laura Foster will make some overlapping runs with her incredible speed.

I'd give ND some pointers, but I really would rather they figure out what they need to do on their own! No need to give them any ammunition to beat my girls!

Just some of my thoughts. Should be a GREAT game! I think ND will be the toughest opponent that CAK has faced.

The Big G "points to ponder"

#4 for ND is, in my opinion, one of the best players on ND's squad. I was so impressed with her play, knowledge, and skill on the ball. What an outstanding player. CAK will have to figure out a way to commit her and then pass the ball off. Fortunately, CAK has some really talented forwards, so they aren't limited to just one attacker being effective. Even so, ND's defense is pretty good. I couldn't judge their speed too well, because I didn't think Greeneville threatened them on the quick attack. CAK's speed is incredible on the flanks (of which CPA did an outstanding job countering last night, which is what I think kept them in the game).

ND also has a "firecracker" on the right side. Don't remember the number, but she had dark hair and was a bit short, but MAN she played like she was 6 foot 3! Gave EVERYTHING in all her tackles and play. Another great player!

ND also has a smart keeper. Good technical skill and doesn't seemed to get rattled.

Just some of my thoughts. Should be a GREAT game! I think ND will be the toughest opponent that CAK has faced.

G, The player you refer to # 4 is Danielle Ciabattone. She has been solid as rock for 4 years for the Irish and has had an outstanding tournament so far. She and #18 Carey Leiper who also has been a team leader and a stalwart on offense (forward) played with Brittanny Hoffman last year on their club team so they are both well aware of the talent that CAK has. I think Carey has won 3 state titles (with FC Alliance) and Danielle (who moved from the Express '91 team) has won 1 title. The "firecracker" you refer to is soph Sophie Mullin who never quits on a ball. We have a very well balanced team that may not seem always flashy but the Irish girls have really been hitting their stride of late. If the Irish play up to their potential this could be another classic game. Notre Dame and CAK have had some epic battles (2006 and 2007) over the last 3 years. I am hoping for another one tomorrow and with a "little luck of the Irish" they can win their first state title in 21 years. Go Irish!!!

Notre Dame is playing very well right now but do they have enough speed and firepower to stay with CAK?

The answer is YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to the Lady Irish kick ball team, it has been enjoyable watching you play.

I see this game as a 1-0 victory for ..........

Go Irish

bcb :roflol: iii

From some of us CAK football parents, Congrats to all the girls, parents, and coaches with the CAK Girls Soccer team. Another state title, incredible! You represent our school and our city wonderfully and glorify God by your actions on and off the soccer field. Keep up the good work, and get ready to 3 peat! Looking forward to watching some of you on the basketball court this winter.