Cleveland Duals

RMC

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a team list or pool list available?

I have got a team list for you. As of the last conversation I haven't heard of a pool list yet. After all we are still a little over a month away.

No matter how you break out the pools there are going to be some extremely tough pool competition rounds with all of the following teams involved.

Baylor, TN

Christian Brothers High School, TN

Cleveland, TN

Collins Hill, GA

Father Ryan, TN

Hoover, AL

Jefferson County, GA

McCallie, TN

Mountain Brook, AL

Peachtree Ridge, GA

Rome, GA

Science Hill, TN

Soddy Daisy, TN

Thompson, AL

Walker Valley, TN

Woodland, GA

How would you break out the pools RMC?

Okay....here's a quick swipe at it...trying to keep normal rivals apart and states apart.

I also think that it may be Jefferson wrestling and not Jefferson County. Jefferson is a small school, but has won 8 state titles in a row. (If it isn't the Jefferson I'm thinking of I would re-pool and swap with Soddy-Daisy.)

How's this:

Baylor, TN

Peachtree Ridge, GA

Walker Valley, TN

Science Hill, TN

Jefferson, GA

Rome, GA

Mountain Brook, AL

Collins Hill, GA

McCallie, TN

Cleveland, TN

Hoover, AL

Soddy Daisy, TN

Father Ryan, TN

Woodland, GA

Thompson, AL

Just a first pass......what would your pools look like?

Okay....here's a quick swipe at it...trying to keep normal rivals apart and states apart.

I also think that it may be Jefferson wrestling and not Jefferson County. Jefferson is a small school, but has won 8 state titles in a row. (If it isn't the Jefferson I'm thinking of I would re-pool and swap with Soddy-Daisy.)

How's this:

Baylor, TN

Peachtree Ridge, GA

Walker Valley, TN

Science Hill, TN

Jefferson, GA

Rome, GA

Mountain Brook, AL

Collins Hill, GA

McCallie, TN

Cleveland, TN

Hoover, AL

Soddy Daisy, TN

Father Ryan, TN

Woodland, GA

Thompson, AL

Pretty sure that it is Jefferson as when the list was sent to me they had a note attached specifying GA state champ. However, they were also listed as Jefferson County in that e-mail. I am assuming the information on their being state champs was correct and it is Jefferson.

I will see about trying my hand at separating the teams a little later today. I like the idea of separating traditional rivals (they would likely meet in cross-brackets later anyway) and teams traveling from out of state. I think you have a pretty good breakdown in your list.

According to what I am seeing you have 4 teams that claimed a state title last year (Collins Hill, Jefferson, Baylor, Father Ryan), 3 teams that were state runner-ups (Hoover, Cleveland, Soddy Daisy), and a 3rd and 4th place finisher (CBHS, McCallie). I think you are going to want to try and separate these teams as much as possible between the four pools. To me, you separate at least three of the state champions (not sure if Jefferson should be separate ahead of some of the runner-ups since they were from such a lower division, slippery slope if you get into it) and then try and keep the runner-ups away from one another. From looking through the list the 3rd and 4th teams probably deserve some separation as well.

How's this:

Baylor, TN

Peachtree Ridge, GA

Walker Valley, TN

Science Hill, TN

Jefferson, GA

Rome, GA

Mountain Brook, AL

Collins Hill, GA

McCallie, TN

Cleveland, TN

Hoover, AL

Soddy Daisy, TN

Father Ryan, TN

Woodland, GA

Thompson, AL

Pretty sure that it is Jefferson as when the list was sent to me they had a note attached specifying GA state champ. However, they were also listed as Jefferson County in that e-mail. I am assuming the information on their being state champs was correct and it is Jefferson.

I will see about trying my hand at separating the teams a little later today. I like the idea of separating traditional rivals (they would likely meet in cross-brackets later anyway) and teams traveling from out of state. I think you have a pretty good breakdown in your list.

According to what I am seeing you have 4 teams that claimed a state title last year (Collins Hill, Jefferson, Baylor, Father Ryan), 3 teams that were state runner-ups (Hoover, Cleveland, Soddy Daisy), and a 3rd and 4th place finisher (CBHS, McCallie). I think you are going to want to try and separate these teams as much as possible between the four pools. To me, you separate at least three of the state champions (not sure if Jefferson should be separate ahead of some of the runner-ups since they were from such a lower division, slippery slope if you get into it) and then try and keep the runner-ups away from one another. From looking through the list the 3rd and 4th teams probably deserve some separation as well.

Jefferson and Bradley wrestled last year so that may provide some ground for comparison. Someone on here will remember the score, but I think Bradley won handily.

CH...was lucky last year......graduated a bunch of talent.....they're still looking for 14 fill the lineup!

CH...was lucky last year......graduated a bunch of talent.....they're still looking for 14 fill the lineup!

Nice try RMC, but we all know CH doesn't need to look for someone to fill the roster. They will just be reloading this year The backups at CH probably would have placed at State if given the chance. Nice position to be in and they've got a good program going. Looking forward to doing my last minute Christmas shopping in Atlanta after some good wrestling.

Nice try RMC, but we all know CH doesn't need to look for someone to fill the roster. They will just be reloading this year The backups at CH probably would have placed at State if given the chance. Nice position to be in and they've got a good program going. Looking forward to doing my last minute Christmas shopping in Atlanta after some good wrestling.

It's an old joke......

Baylor commits so naturally Bradley wont be there, dangit!!! dry.gif

what is the date for this tourney?

unless the information is not correct, Bradley will be at the Renee Miller Tourney at Red Bank and so will Baylor.........

according to sexyinasinglet's post anyway.

yeah it will be a good one, but if it isnt a dual tourney it isnt the same, i think the only way we would ever see that matchup in a dual is if they happened to be at the same dual tournament.....

"naturally", some genius is trying to stir the pot, AGAIN!

For the record, Bradley hasn't been to the Cleveland Duals since 2005.

lol, im sorry i wasnt trying to stir the pot, i thought i read that they were there last year, maybe i read it wrong, but it would be nice if it could happen, i know i know it wont, but hey, a man can dream right...