Karns Wins

stopdamadness

Well I'm about as "in the valley" as anybody and I don't support the cause. Like the "Coach" poster I too believe you guys are delusional if you think Dr. Davis is going to be moved by your petition. If Dr. McIntyre is dragged into it I assume he'll just look at the history of Karns, see the football drama of a few years ago and dismiss the whole situation using his smooth yankee political skills. I don't know if any of you petitioners go to meetings at the High School but if any of you went to the big "fieldhouse" meeting with the Doc when he 1st took charge then you have another reason to reconsider the folly of your efforts. In that meeting we (the Karns family) came across as a bunch of disorganized bumpkins, which I'm sure he and his downtown posse have certainly not forgotten.

But speaking of the fieldhouse, here's an idea that might really help the community and the football team. Why don't all you 400 petitioners refocus your time, energy, money, and web page into getting that long sought after fieldhouse built. I personally believe it would go a lot further toward promoting the football program than the rant and riot that you currently seem to be planning.

Despite our differences in what should happen next, we're probably more alike than you realize in our assessment of what's gone down in the football program over the past few years. Hopefully you'll keep your promise to let us know when you're planning to meet with Davis and/or McIntyre. Thanks. And if zs is that preacher's kid who used to pray after the games I'll be very surprised if your approach is something his dad agrees with.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all I have to say...I am not saying I agree with the petition and the way it is "apparently" being handled..There are other ways which may be much more effective in bringing about desired change. Maturity is key and planning for MUTUAL RESPECT AND A MUTUAL PURPOSE..THIS IS THE ANSWER TO DEALING WITH CRITICAL CONVERSATIONS... However, change usually doesn't happen unless there is crisis.

We have now gone 17 consecutive years without a winning season..Only once since 1993 were we .500...To my knowledge only one year from 1980-93(Another 13 year span) did we have a winning season and that was 6-5.

THE SCORECARD SAYS IT ALL.

The only way to "GET IT RIGHT" is a grassroots community effort with 1. A vision 2. A specific plan 3. Money and 4. A positive attitude and not a bunch of people with different agenda's seeking power.

Over the years, Karns has had a number of fine players play college football, we can return to that level.

Universities and Colleges I personally know of that Karns grads have played for:

Maryville College, Carson-Newman(2), Ole Miss(2), Tennessee(Captain)..I am sure there are several more.

2009 (3-7) 2008 (1-9) 2007 (2-8)

KHS 13 Heritage 21 KHS 26 Lenoir City 27 KHS 36 Lenoir City 13

KHS 34 William Blount 35 KHS 20 Morristown East 21 KHS 7 Morristown East 13

KHS 16 Clinton 49 KHS 26 Sevier County 34 KHS 21 Sevier County 34

KHS 39 Campbell County 7 KHS 15 Powell 22 KHS 7 Powell 23

KHS 13 Knox. Central 40 KHS 19 Bearden 33 KHS 6 Bearden 34

KHS 44 Powell 24 KHS 35 Carter 36 KHS 7 Carter 20

KHS 0 Knox. Halls 39 KHS 24 Jefferson County 14 KHS 14 Jefferson County 23

KHS 14 Oak Ridge 45 KHS 7 Dobyns-Bennett 28 KHS 7 Dobyns-Bennett 35

KHS 6 Anderson County 20 KHS 6 Science Hill 22 KHS 26 Science Hill 13

KHS 12 Hardin Valley 7 KHS 0 Campbell County 28 KHS 7 Campbell County 21

2006 (3-7) 2005 (5-5) 2004 (4-7)

KHS 16 Morristown East 20 KHS 21 Morristown East 6 KHS 15 Farragut 37

KHS 0 Sevier County 34 KHS 20 Sevier County 35 KHS 31 Sevier County 28

KHS 28 Austin-East 41 KHS 21 Austin-East 20 KHS 13 Powell 35

KHS 6 Bearden 28 KHS 13 Bearden 14 KHS 7 Bearden 14

KHS 14 Knox. Halls 24 KHS 27 Knox. Halls 45 KHS 14 Knox. West 27

KHS 22 Jefferson County 17 KHS 19 Jefferson County 10 KHS 24 Jefferson County 23

KHS 37 Cumberland County 6 KHS 20 Cumberland County 7 KHS 21 South Doyle 6

KHS 7 Dobyns-Bennett 45 KHS 12 Dobyns-Bennett 24 KHS 14 Dobyns-Bennett 42

KHS 7 Science Hill 21 KHS 14 Science Hill 17 KHS 28 Science Hill 21

KHS 12 Campbell County 6 KHS 47 Campbell County 20 KHS 0 Campbell County 6

KHS 0 Soddy Daisy 52

2003 (4-6) 2002 (1-9) 2001 (1-9)

KHS 0 Farragut 21 KHS 0 Farragut 12 KHS 7 Farragut 42

KHS 10 Sevier County 14 KHS 16 Sevier County 28 KHS 13 Sevier County 34

KHS 17 Powell 13 KHS 6 Powell 19 KHS 7 Powell 28

KHS 3 Bearden 27 KHS 7 Bearden 14 KHS 18 Bearden 30

KHS 14 Knox. West 42 KHS 0 Knox. Central 46 KHS 0 Knox. Central 7

KHS 21 Jefferson County 48 KHS 22 Jefferson County 50 KHS 23 Jefferson County 42

KHS 31 South Doyle 3 KHS 17 South Doyle 27 KHS 10 South Doyle 21

KHS 25 Dobyns-Bennett 14 KHS 6 Dobyns-Bennett 35 KHS 15 Dobyns-Bennett 50

KHS 18 Science Hill 21 KHS 0 Science Hill 41 KHS 0 Science Hill 41

KHS 17 Campbell County 6 KHS 23 Campbell County 0 KHS 33 Campbell County 13

2000 (1-9) 1999 (3-7) 1998 (2-9)

KHS 34 Carter 25 KHS 34 Carter 25 KHS L Knox. Halls W

KHS 10 Sevier County 46 KHS 7 Sevier County 28 KHS 32 Clinton 42

KHS 14 Knox. West 15 KHS L Knox. West W KHS 19 Knox. West 21

KHS 20 William Blount 46 KHS 27 William Blount 34 KHS W Campbell County L

KHS 13 South Doyle 47 KHS W South Doyle L KHS 14 Carter 19

KHS 21 Farragut 45 KHS 18 Farragut 30 KHS 20 Oak Ridge 45

KHS 7 Heritage 28 KHS 9 Heritage 13 KHS 3 William Blount 33

KHS 44 Campbell County 47 KHS W Campbell County L KHS 14 Farragut 17

KHS 14 Bearden 35 KHS 0 Bearden 51 KHS L Heritage W

KHS 22 Oak Ridge 69 KHS 20 Oak Ridge 49 KHS W Bearden L

KHS 7 Dobyns-Bennett 35

1997 (4-6) 1996 (5-6) 1995 (5-5)

KHS 0 Knox. Halls 20 KHS 14 Anderson County 27 KHS 12 Anderson County 32

KHS 0 Clinton 37 KHS L Cumberland County W KHS W Cumberland County L

KHS 20 Knox. West 15 KHS 31 Fulton 0 KHS 24 Fulton 6

KHS 34 Campbell County 0 KHS W Campbell County L KHS W Campbell County L

KHS 24 Carter 18 KHS W Gibbs L KHS W Gibbs L

KHS 7 Oak Ridge 23 KHS 12 Clinton 20 KHS 0 Clinton 21

KHS 23 William Blount 38 KHS 0 Oak Ridge 49 KHS 14 Oak Ridge 27

KHS 0 Farragut 14 KHS L Bearden W KHS L Bearden W

KHS 26 Heritage 20 KHS 28 Austin-East 20 KHS W Austin-East L

KHS 7 Bearden 13 KHS 23 Farragut 8 KHS L Farragut W

KHS 0 Dobyns-Bennett 33

1994 (2-8) 1993 (0-10)

KHS 9 Carter 6 KHS 0 Carter 28

KHS L Bearden W KHS L Bearden W

KHS L Knox. West W KHS L Knox. West W

KHS 0 Anderson County 28 KHS 13 Anderson County 21

KHS W Gibbs L KHS L Gibbs W

KHS L Knox. Halls W KHS L Knox. Halls W

KHS 6 Clinton 26 KHS 3 Clinton 7

KHS L Cleveland W KHS L Cleveland W

KHS L Powell W KHS L Powell W

KHS 7 Maryville 35 KHS 12 Maryville 35

WHAT IS SO FUNNY TO US IS YOU GUYS POSTING BOUT OUR PETITION DID NOT PLAY FO RTHESE IDIOTS I DID AND SO DID OTHERS THAT WANT TO SEE CHANGE, YOU ARE RIGHT LETS BE POSITIVE BUT, FIRST LETS GET SOMEONE THAT CAN DO THT, THE RANTS AND CONTINUE BS THAT THESE CAOCHES SAY TO PLAYERS IS A BUNCH OF CRAP YA PETITION MAY NOT BE THE BEST WAY BUT IT WILL GET ATTENTION AND THEN WE WILL SPEAK OUR PIECE BOUT ALL TH BS THAT HAS WENT ON THE LAST 3 YEARS. YOU JUST DONT UNDERSTAND HOW BAD IT IS TO PLAY UNDER THOSE TYPE THINGS SO WHILE YOU MAY NOT AGREE THTS FINE BUT WE WILL BE HEARD ON THIS ISSUE AND YES THE MEDIA AND WHO EVER IT TAKES WILL BE INVOLVED NOT GETTING EVEN JUST DOING WHATS RIGHT.PEACE OUT

Mr. Madness,

Here's a thought for the morning. Just because a CoachT poster doesn't identify themselves as a player or part of a player's family, that doesn't mean they aren't. Here's a verse for the morning. "Wisdom is better than weapons of war" (Ecclesiastes 9:18). Even when it's agreed that a problem exists, there are many approaches to solving it. I would think what all the Karns family would/should want is a solution that would best deal with the problem in a way that would do the least collateral damage to the community and all concerned. Maybe you and your friends would think about your plan a little more. Whatever you do, for the sake of the current team I would hope that you wait until after the upcoming banquet on Dec 6th. Bless you.

I am from Blount Co. and don't have a dog in this fight but I am going to make a comment. If this coach gets ousted on a petition and angered fans, it will be years before you find a decent coach to take this program over. As a youth coach, I hate to hear that a coach would put down his players in a way that has been mentioned on here and I also understand that I am just hearing one side of the story. The coaches in todays society have more pressure than ever to win and the kids of today are harder than ever to coach. It seems to me as if the administrators, football coaches, football players, and the players parents need to get in a cafeteria and have a heart to heart meeting, maybe get some former players from the past year or two in the meeting so they can shed some light on things. Everyone come together and let the coach know that you support him but the negativity has to stop, let him know that you are not asking him to baby your kids, but the negativity is getting nowhere. A coach cannot go out there and coach if he is worried evertime he yells at a kid if he is going to be in trouble, so you need to let him know that you are not asking him not to coach hard, just that he stop with the negativity towards the players. You can be concerned about something and still show support for someone but if you go at him with petitions and angered fans/parents wanting him fired then you are making a bad situation a whole lot worse. Come on Karns, I like your community, my son plays a ton of baseball over there and I have always liked the community feel, I would like to see you all succeed but if someone is not willing to drop the pride and show willingness to work toward a solution then you are just part of the problem. Good Luck.

Wow, I agree with that post! Good job. Go positive Karns football folks. Go 100%, if you are right you will win out! Push for positive change. If you are "blown off" or disrespected the administration will find out...heck you can tell them about all of the positive things you have done and how you were treated. Petitions show you are angry....get past that.

I really like what these new posters are bringing to this discussion. I don't believe this situation is beyond repair & I honestly think it/he deserves another chance. Pray guy quotes from the Book "Wisdom is better than weapons of war". Maybe we've heard a little wisdom on this thread today?

"Karns Wins - 12/7 in the 1st ever meeting with the HVA Hawks".

Apparently it has little significance to most of you but this game's still the single best thing I've experienced from Karns football since I've been following it. In fact I intend to watch the game again this week on Comcast On Demand. Most of you may not realize how much they wanted to win, but I work with an HVA dad and he can't hardly stand for me to talk about the game and how happy I am about it.

They wanted it bad. We needed it bad. We got it!!!

man im so glad we beat hva, a team that is in its first year oh ya they have all our talent just think we could have only lost games by 1 td rather than 2 or 3 or maybe scored in those 0 sum games, keep the cause keep the coach and keep on getting our butt kicked, cant win we deserve our crap seasons, what a joke we are bigtuna i wish you had to go through 1 week of practice with these guys, you got coach i know it all just ask me , coach i have coached some of the best players ever and then coach i played every position, now the positive petition is growing and cant wait to talk bout it with channel 8 news, cant wait to see karns win. what is funny we could only pull out 12 against a first year team but we did have coach know it all calling the plays best performance of year comes when our sr qb takes over the play calling on the field and btuna that is what the guys told us from thr mouth. why dont you keep ur butt in the valley if that is where you live and let the boys that had to deal with thes idiots do our thang.

Well I've wondered where you've been. So does your logic mean when 1st ranked Alabama only scored 12 to beat a mediocre Tennessee team, that meant they were pretty lame? I think your anger and bitterness may be clouding your thinking. You and your friends seem committed to your chosen path but I'm refreshed that other calmer voices with a broader perspective have joined the discussion. Please remember to invite me to your upcoming anti-coach activities. Then perhaps we'll talk in person and you may realize that I'm not just some delusional guy talking about things he knows nothing about. You might even realize that we probably feel similarly about a lot of things, our opinion about the best approach just differs. I've chosen to ignore your derogatory personal comments but I honestly believe I care as much about Karns as you do. I don't see this as an "us against them" type of thing but rather a subject of widespread concern that needs a solution that's a good long term step for the community. As you probably remember, the whole "valley" was once considered Karns, in fact the firehall next to Sims Market (an icon of the west part of the old Karns) is still called the "Karns Volunteer Fire Department".

Bigtuna I think ur love for the coaching staff as clouded your judgement, i think the point was blame for not being able to win from the hc has been many reasons including hva screwed khs, gokarns point was understood u r pumped bout winning that game a program that had played 9 varsity fb games when the mighty beavers came to town hva had 1 win and was not very good against other teams they played, ur statement bout tenn ala game just shows how out of touch u r cause of ur luv to have such DA's running our program, by the way bigt did u even play at khs or have kids thr if not ur input is kindof not important other than ur right to voice ur mis directed judgement. so maybe this will clear it up for u khs is 6-24 under this squad, i played 20 games went through 2 years of terrible coaching and had the worst sr year i could ever ask for last year we have not beat a team with a winning record since 2005 our clam to fame is the powell win this year a team that played allot of freshmon an was 5-5 we have been beat by teams that had 0 wins when they played us lc beat us at home our attemps to run someone out of town as u say is not bout da wins its bout having these coaches that created the hate we have toward them. we play to have fun not to be told how great some other team is that hc coached or the others and how we didnt compair to the guys they had in the past and I for one didnt like it when team mates come to practice high an coaches made jokes bout it an allowed them to still start, so all this petition an hate as you say is getting even we think not its getting rid of some coaches that we the ones dat has played for them think khs deserves better. so you keep on with ur input cause i do know thr r signatures dat dis agree with you and most of dat is parents in the community, oh ya if hc was so great why is half of my little cousins team going to hva farrgt or whereever they can.