Hilltoppers

bringiton34

Myself, I think you guys are crazy. I cannot believe the stuff I am reading, be glad you have this guy. I will tell you this, he has a nack for identifing tallent. We were alot better team than Science Hill, and they beat us. He won a game they should not have won. I would not think Steve Spurier would be interested, because if I was Steve Spurier your team would be playing on artificaial turff, and have one of the best facilities in the state of Tennessee, which I was expecting when we traveled there. You have nice facilities, but Spurier would not be were he is today without you folks. Spurier great coach, love the ball coach. Do not get it however.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my son is gone from last year's team and he and i would tell you that he loved playing for coach smith, ....here is smith's coaching record....these records are pulled from the tennessee high school data base that keeps every score from every game...whether you like him or hate him here it is:

SCOTT SMITH'S HEAD FOOTBALL COACHING RECORD

YEAR WINS LOSSES TEAM LOCATION

1996 3 8 GREENBRIER GREENBRIER, TENNESSEE

1997 4 6 GREENBRIER

1999 9 3 EZELL-HARDING NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE

2000 5 5 EZELL-HARDING

2001 15 0 EZELL-HARDING (2001 CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONS)

2002 12 1 EZELL-HARDING

2003 9 4 EZELL-HARDING

2004 0 0 INDEPENDENCE FRANKLIN, TENNESSEE-NEW SCHOOL

2005 ***1 ***9 INDEPENDENCE (1ST YEAR OF VARSITY PROGRAM - NO SENIORS)

2006 7 4 INDEPENDENCE

2007 3 7 SCIENCE HILL JOHNSON CITY, TENNESSEE

2008 7 4 SCIENCE HILL

2009 4 6 SCIENCE HILL

TOTAL 77 49 61% WINNING PERCENTAGE

SCOTT SMITH'S STATE PLAY-OFF RECORD

WINS LOSSES

10 6

It is a done deal according to my sources.

After the season, the Hill will go after Carter at South, full bore. They will offer him the opportunity to bring several assistants. While Carter is loyal, the overall demographic trends at South are not good with the school projected to drop to 3A or 4A the next round of reclassifications. Meanwhile, the pipeline is full at Science Hill with dominant middle school and freshman squads.

Look for a January announcement.

coach carter is a great guy and a super football coach...but why would they wait until january...it would seem better for everyone involved if they went ahead and did it before conditioning started under smith?

I would suggest, IF it is a done deal it is because both men have academic responsibilities and the academic semester must be completed.

my son is gone from last year's team and he and i would tell you that he loved playing for coach smith, ....here is smith's coaching record....these records are pulled from the tennessee high school data base that keeps every score from every game...whether you like him or hate him here it is:

SCOTT SMITH'S HEAD FOOTBALL COACHING RECORD

YEAR WINS LOSSES TEAM LOCATION

1996 3 8 GREENBRIER GREENBRIER, TENNESSEE

1997 4 6 GREENBRIER

1999 9 3 EZELL-HARDING NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE

2000 5 5 EZELL-HARDING

2001 15 0 EZELL-HARDING (2001 CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONS)

2002 12 1 EZELL-HARDING

2003 9 4 EZELL-HARDING

2004 0 0 INDEPENDENCE FRANKLIN, TENNESSEE-NEW SCHOOL

2005 ***1 ***9 INDEPENDENCE (1ST YEAR OF VARSITY PROGRAM - NO SENIORS)

2006 7 4 INDEPENDENCE

2007 3 7 SCIENCE HILL JOHNSON CITY, TENNESSEE

2008 7 4 SCIENCE HILL

2009 4 6 SCIENCE HILL

TOTAL 77 49 61% WINNING PERCENTAGE

SCOTT SMITH'S STATE PLAY-OFF RECORD

WINS LOSSES

10 6

It is a done deal according to my sources.

After the season, the Hill will go after Carter at South, full bore. They will offer him the opportunity to bring several assistants. While Carter is loyal, the overall demographic trends at South are not good with the school projected to drop to 3A or 4A the next round of reclassifications. Meanwhile, the pipeline is full at Science Hill with dominant middle school and freshman squads.

Look for a January announcement.

According to my sources Smith and Carter are swaping jobs. Carter going to Science Hill and Smith going to South. Both are promising wins over Dobyns-Bennett. :hungry:

coach carter is a great guy and a super football coach...but why would they wait until january...it would seem better for everyone involved if they went ahead and did it before conditioning started under smith?

Cause they are both under contract until the end of the school year. I heard some rumors that said the same...with some other reasons why he might be leaving that would make sense.

I am sure Coach Carter wants to be at Science Hill, as he indicated when it was last open three years ago. The concern for many is to WHY?

Why would a very popular coach leave his ALMA MATER, his dream job? This has to be a red flag. Is he afraid of the talent running dry at South and wants to jump to a seemingly more talented future Science Hill team? What if the talent "runs dry at Science Hill", where would he want to go next?

Stacy figures he has a better chance beating DB at Science Hill than at his ALMA MATER South.

Stacy would say that he lives closer to JC and he does not need any money as he is set financially, but HE IS A SULLIVAN SOUTH BOY AND HE WANTS TO LEAVE HIS SCHOOL!!! RED FLAG........

Your chops have been busted!

Again digging this one up, but anyone have any news on this one? I find it hard to believe that he would leave but the more people I've talked to the more reasons I could see him leaving. It would be an opportunity and from his record, he has brought success to the South program. Could he do the same at the Hill is the question. From the past few years, there have been things coming from parents and kids where he might be coaching a different type of kid. Then again, it could fit him perfectly.

Then again, why would he leave South?