Maryville vs. McMinn County - 2nd Round

Red Rebels

Here are the #'s for this week:

Maryville averages 32.5 ppg

McMinn averages 26.4 ppg

Maryville gives up 14.4 ppg

McMinn gives up 19.4 ppg

Maryville combined win / loss record for the teams they played this year is 59 - 41

McMinn combined win / loss record for the teams they played this year is 52 - 48

Granted McMinn is a better football team then what they were when they played Maryville earlier in the year I still have McMinn as a 9 point underdog this week.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....MackMinn iz loaded wif a big ole line, a big ole QB, and good skilt peepull....Eye'm jest hopin' Mairvul will not git blowed out...... :thumb:

I'm with you STARSNBARS. They keep throwing out names that sound like Law Firms (Ables, Smith, and McDermott) and (Massingale, Vinroe, Jenkins, and Simpson) I'm thinkin' they might have been holding back during that first game. The old Rope-A-Dope trick.

:thumb::roflol:

.....MackMinn iz loaded wif a big ole line, a big ole QB, and good skilt peepull....Eye'm jest hopin' Mairvul will not git blowed out...... :thumb:

I'm with you STARSNBARS. They keep throwing out names that sound like Law Firms (Ables, Smith, and McDermott) and (Massingale, Vinroe, Jenkins, and Simpson) I'm thinkin' they might have been holding back during that first game. The old Rope-A-Dope trick.

:thumb::thumb:

No McMinn wasnt holding out they just had a few of the boys that had the flu.

If I remember correctly McMinn moved the ball quite well between the 20's then shot themselves in the foot as they had over 300 yds in offense. The thing about Maryville is you know they are good but not overally impressive when you look at them on the field but before you know it you are down 14 and then it just snow balls from there.

Maryville is a good team and has a storied past that most all of us just dream about no doubt about that but McMinn has something to prove to the Rebels after that 49-6 thrashing they put on us.

Should be a really good match up. McMinn is no doubt much improved since the last meeting. But one point some may be missing is Maryville is vastly improved since that time as well. That game was so long ago it could almost be viewed as "last season" now that we are in round two of the playoffs. Should be fun to watch.

It looks like it should be a great night to watch a high school football game. Game time temp around 55 with a 10% chance of rain.

I suppose there will be a good crowd at this one? MHS what is the seating capicity for the stadium as McMinn usually travels well? Just curious.....about the field condition? Is it a fast track or high grass like they have at OR in that place they call the "SHIP".

:thumb::thumb:

Goodur point Red Rebulls......Eye nose ewe ben wantin' two sea that big jersey on wheels frum Athuns two....Sortee like tha Goodyair Blimp orr tha Goatman!!!.... :thumb:

I don't have a clue on an actual capacity number on seating, but the visitors side is pretty decent. There is a pretty good standing room area on one end of the field as well. For this time of year the field is in reasonably good shape. No high grass issues for sure. Seemed in good shape last Friday after all the rain had finally subsided for a while.