York at Goodpasture (2nd round of playoffs)

GOODPASTURE

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All roads lead to Alcoa. So the question is, who wants to loose to Alcoa the baddest? I know Goodpastures answer.

You think you know, but you really dont know! Keep talking! I think Goodpasture and all the other teams in the playoffs will keep playing and see what happens! Now, back to York at Goodpasture! That is what this thread is about, isn't it?

It's my understanding York runs a unique version of the Wing-T where the splits of their linemen are much closer than other versions of this offense. Can anyone from York compare and contrast their version of the Wing-T, strengths, weaknesses, etc.? Also, what's their percentage of run vs. pass?

It's my understanding York runs a unique version of the Wing-T where the splits of their linemen are much closer than other versions of this offense. Can anyone from York compare and contrast their version of the Wing-T, strengths, weaknesses, etc.? Also, what's their percentage of run vs. pass?

You have to remember, that coach resigned last year. They got a new coach that runs a different offense this year. Not saying much in this one. GP fans seem to be down to earth than those of SC. They were a little cocky and still trying to make a couple excuses for the loss last night. This will be a ground battle from what I hear. I'll be there. Good luck dragons. No predictions on this one, just saying that I hope York comes out on top. See ya in 6... :twisted:

Thanks for the reply. What kind of offense do they run?

Goodpasture runs the wing-t, shotgun, and single back/twins formation. They have a very good running game along with a very good fullback that did not play in the GC game! There line is hudge (average almost 300lbs across the board)! They can pass. They have two good receivers and one good tight end. There quarterback can scramble! Goodpasture's worst enemy has been themselves! Whenever they play consistant they look as good as anyone in the state. They are a run first offense, but they will pass! About a 70/30 run pass ratio.

Thanks for the reply. What kind of offense do they run?

They run the veer. They are also about a 70/30 pass team. Couple good running backs, good QB who used to be a starting wb for our team that went to the third round. Good receiving core. Should be a really good match up. They have more speed than size, and, as saw in the Smith County game, it is a great advantage.