York at Goodpasture (2nd round of playoffs)

GOODPASTURE

On a sloppy wet field. Its going to be dry friday night if you want to have a chance you better start piss on the field like your mouth is and they did not beat us by three TDs. We were every game we lost till the very last minute so gp better be ready to play the whole game and not like they did against grundy co. , because if they do they will have a long night. GO DAGONS!!!!! :thumb:

So York can't win unless it is dry? All I hear is how York could have easily been 10-0. Well they could have easily been 6-4 because from what I hear the refs gave them the Scott game. I understand your QB got hurt, but that is part of the game.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a sloppy wet field. Its going to be dry friday night if you want to have a chance you better start piss on the field like your mouth is and they did not beat us by three TDs. We were every game we lost till the very last minute so gp better be ready to play the whole game and not like they did against grundy co. , because if they do they will have a long night. GO DAGONS!!!!! :thumb:

So York can't win unless it is dry? All I hear is how York could have easily been 10-0. Well they could have easily been 6-4 because from what I hear the refs gave them the Scott game. I understand your QB got hurt, but that is part of the game.

The 12-1 york team could have easily been 10-3 too with the Westmoreland game and being down 14-0 at halftime against Smith, but what made them special is how they found ways to Win those games. The sloppy weather isn't an excuse. Cannon and livingston both played on the same field. With that said neither team will have an excuse friday. Being from york i am still going with my earlier prediction.

I know that people make predictions about there favorite team, but it is hard for me to understand how people can say our team has a better this, or our team has a better that, when you have never seen them play before! I have never seen York play. I watch a ton of football here in the mid-state. I love high school football. I never miss a Goodpasture game, and I also try and go see games on Thursday and Saturday's when games are scheduled. I know that Goodpasture has the talent and the coaching to go as far as they want! I also think that there are players on the current Goodpasture team that can be utilized better to create more explosive plays on offense. But fans, like me, will always think there is something else the team can do. Bottom line is this, I will take the coaching staff, players, and tradition of the Goodpasture program any day of the week! I have total confidence in Coach Martin that he will have his team ready to play. They were not ready to play last week. They made multiple mistakes in the first half, and they came back and played like we all expected them to play in the second half! After watching Goodpasture play for years, I rarely have seen Goodpasture have back to back poor outings. I know Coach Martin and the Coaching staff will use the first half of last weeks game to motivate his young team this week in practice. Grundy County gave a great effort. But once Goodpasture starting playing solid football in the second half, it was totally different. Obviously, the farther you go in the playoffs, the better the teams are suppose to be. Goodpasture does not duck anyone! Coach Martin schedules them to play the best teams available every year! He does this to get them ready for the playoffs, to toughen them up! They might not go 10-0 every year, but they will be ready to make a run in the playoffs. Look at Goodpasture's resume the last 10 years! Year after year, it is either a state ring, second place, or the semi-finals. You can not tell me that it's a mistake. I would like to say good luck to York. I hope it is a healthy game for both teams, and I hope it is dry conditions so neither team can use the weather as an excuse.

I know that people make predictions about there favorite team, but it is hard for me to understand how people can say our team has a better this, or our team has a better that, when you have never seen them play before! I have never seen York play. I watch a ton of football here in the mid-state. I love high school football. I never miss a Goodpasture game, and I also try and go see games on Thursday and Saturday's when games are scheduled. I know that Goodpasture has the talent and the coaching to go as far as they want! I also think that there are players on the current Goodpasture team that can be utilized better to create more explosive plays on offense. But fans, like me, will always think there is something else the team can do. Bottom line is this, I will take the coaching staff, players, and tradition of the Goodpasture program any day of the week! I have total confidence in Coach Martin that he will have his team ready to play. They were not ready to play last week. They made multiple mistakes in the first half, and they came back and played like we all expected them to play in the second half! After watching Goodpasture play for years, I rarely have seen Goodpasture have back to back poor outings. I know Coach Martin and the Coaching staff will use the first half of last weeks game to motivate his young team this week in practice. Grundy County gave a great effort. But once Goodpasture starting playing solid football in the second half, it was totally different. Obviously, the farther you go in the playoffs, the better the teams are suppose to be. Goodpasture does not duck anyone! Coach Martin schedules them to play the best teams available every year! He does this to get them ready for the playoffs, to toughen them up! They might not go 10-0 every year, but they will be ready to make a run in the playoffs. Look at Goodpasture's resume the last 10 years! Year after year, it is either a state ring, second place, or the semi-finals. You can not tell me that it's a mistake. I would like to say good luck to York. I hope it is a healthy game for both teams, and I hope it is dry conditions so neither team can use the weather as an excuse.

That's a lot to write.... and I'm sorry but, a ring? Not in the last 5 years... sorry. And as for the good playoff history that is true. Goodpasture is historically a great team, but, from what I hear and from first hand accounts, they are more than beatable. Like I've previously said, this will be a great game. Good luck to both. Just let everyone talk what they want, say what they want, and after the game, if your boys win, then you can have the last post.

Livingston might have run the veer against Lipscomb that year in the state championship game where the mustangs didn't know whether or not to scratch their watch or wind their ####.

Interesting quote from someone whose team lost 55-13 the night before the Mustangs lost to LA.You're right history does not lie. 35-7 for example. In fairness, Alcoa has throttled GP three years in a row in championship games and once in the 70's. If you want to compare GP losing to a superior opponent on several occasions and Lipscomb losing a championship game to a team that barely made the playoffs that year, go ahead if it makes you feel better. The purpose of bringing the DL/Livingston game into this thread was a warning to the cougars. On paper the cougars should win. However, they're playing against some hardnosed mountain boys with an unfamiliar offense. If it offends the stangs that we're using you as a cautionary tale then so be it. Now please do us a favor and stay off our thread. Go back to Granny White and hold back some more 8th graders so they'll have full beards and receding hairlines by the time they're seniors.

Please stop there cagey...you are showing your ignorance. Had LA been in any other region its very possible they would have won that particular region. Now being they were in 2-3A then they played the best week in and week out. Had DL and some of the other teams with great teams and records played in that region, their records probably wouldn't have been as good either. It was pretty tough for the teams in that region every week. Also there is no barely..you're in or out. Even DL fans (I think) would admit that LA was no ordinary 4th place team that year that barely made it!

GP may win but 8-AA has fared well so far...GO DRAGONS!

You're a fool cage. BTW, everyone knows BD is a LA fan. But you went to another level with me. The dude survived a fight with leukemia, and you go that far to call him out and call names. If you want to do that, you tell me and I'll give you my email so I can get you a number to call me and tell me that. That is totally uncalled for.

I promise the fans from York will be there an make feel like a home game for our kids. It look liked gp does not have very many fans. They may need to go out and recrute some fans like they do football players. :thumb::hungry:[/quote//////////////////// Sorry nippy but that is the visitors bleachers, and being empty that happens alot. The visitors just can't come to the games to see their team being taken to the woodshed, good eye to notice that