York at Goodpasture (2nd round of playoffs)

GOODPASTURE

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that people make predictions about there favorite team, but it is hard for me to understand how people can say our team has a better this, or our team has a better that, when you have never seen them play before! I have never seen York play. I watch a ton of football here in the mid-state. I love high school football. I never miss a Goodpasture game, and I also try and go see games on Thursday and Saturday's when games are scheduled. I know that Goodpasture has the talent and the coaching to go as far as they want! I also think that there are players on the current Goodpasture team that can be utilized better to create more explosive plays on offense. But fans, like me, will always think there is something else the team can do. Bottom line is this, I will take the coaching staff, players, and tradition of the Goodpasture program any day of the week! I have total confidence in Coach Martin that he will have his team ready to play. They were not ready to play last week. They made multiple mistakes in the first half, and they came back and played like we all expected them to play in the second half! After watching Goodpasture play for years, I rarely have seen Goodpasture have back to back poor outings. I know Coach Martin and the Coaching staff will use the first half of last weeks game to motivate his young team this week in practice. Grundy County gave a great effort. But once Goodpasture starting playing solid football in the second half, it was totally different. Obviously, the farther you go in the playoffs, the better the teams are suppose to be. Goodpasture does not duck anyone! Coach Martin schedules them to play the best teams available every year! He does this to get them ready for the playoffs, to toughen them up! They might not go 10-0 every year, but they will be ready to make a run in the playoffs. Look at Goodpasture's resume the last 10 years! Year after year, it is either a state ring, second place, or the semi-finals. You can not tell me that it's a mistake. I would like to say good luck to York. I hope it is a healthy game for both teams, and I hope it is dry conditions so neither team can use the weather as an excuse.

That's a lot to write.... and I'm sorry but, a ring? Not in the last 5 years... sorry. And as for the good playoff history that is true. Goodpasture is historically a great team, but, from what I hear and from first hand accounts, they are more than beatable. Like I've previously said, this will be a great game. Good luck to both. Just let everyone talk what they want, say what they want, and after the game, if your boys win, then you can have the last post.

Yes it was alot to write. And I said look at there resume the last 10 years, not 5 like you used to support your argument. And they do have a state ring within that timeframe. All I am saying is that Goodpasture has tradition. Goodpasture has a track record of advancing deep into the playoffs regularly. It funny how Goodpasture is "beatable" from people's sources. Last year Goodpasture was in a down year (very beatable), and they made it to the semifinals. This year, Goodpasture was suppose to be in a rebuilding year (not upto there standards), and they won their district and are 9-2. Every year in the playoffs I hear about how this year is different for the other schools. I hear that this is a special year for this team or that team. I will be there Friday night. I will withhold any opinion's of York until I see them play! I will not play the "I talked to someone who knows someone who's neighbor delivers mail to someone they played this year --- card". Good luck to both teams, and Friday night can not come fast enough!

Good one Big Reid....somebody sounds GUILTY!!!

All goodpasture fans are guilty of something, mainly being trash. Bet they keep metro cops busy in the stands. I heard they need 5 or 6 officers at most home games to control the parents.

Wow, you have no class!

gpcougar fan, crawl back into your dumpster.

It's laughable for a goodpasture fan to accuse ANYONE else of not having class. Get ready for late hits on the field, and fools in the parking lot, York!