Memphis Melrose @ Hardin County...2nd round

utfan2

Heh, when both LC and HC go down I don't really expect you to be posting much around here. You don't want a burger, but you're gonna need something when Mitchell and Melrose are playing for a chance to make it to the semifinals. Craigmont was not a POORLY coached team. They're just not as strong offensively. Not really bad coaching to me. Ridgeway? Maybe so, but that team is very young. I think most of their best players are Sophmores!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, when both LC and HC go down I don't really expect you to be posting much around here. You don't want a burger, but you're gonna need something when Mitchell and Melrose are playing for a chance to make it to the semifinals. Craigmont was not a POORLY coached team. They're just not as strong offensively. Not really bad coaching to me. Ridgeway? Maybe so, but that team is very young. I think most of their best players are Sophmores!

OK........you got me! After that I now see the light! Mitchell and Melrose are the superior teams! Memphis teams win every title from here on out!!

OK........you got me! After that I now see the light! Mitchell and Melrose are the superior teams! Memphis teams win every title from here on out!!

No one said they would or wouldn't win the title...all that has been said is that they will BOTH win this Friday night! Melrose will win in Savannah and Mitchell WILL win in Lawrenceburg!

Do you know any of these West TN teams coaches personally? Can you name any of them by name? Do you know their background? How can you say they are poorly coached? Mitchell, Fairley, Melrose, Kirby, Wooddale, and Manassas are just a few of the "Memphis Area" teams that are EXCELLENTLY coached! (not to mention MUS, Christian Brothers, or Harding Academy) Furthermore, since you said "West TN" teams...(to show your ignorance) we can make a long list of teams that are better coached than any team in Lawrence County....Milan, Huntingdon, Westview, USJ, Crockett County, Henry County...just to name a few!

Lawrenceburg is in for a rude awakening come Friday night....Mitchell in a big way! Unfortunately...the same is true for the Tigers!

I think it is important to interject here that I am actually routing loudly for my posts to be incorrect and Lawrenceburg and Hardin County to somehow pull off the miracles....i'm just not to optimistic!

Let me get this straight! Hardin County doesn't have a chance and they beat Ridgeway by 1 and Ridgeway beat Melrose by 1. Sounds like someone is on a high horse!!

FballFan101,

If Hardin County goes into its game vs Melrose's thinking...."We beat Ridgeway. Ridgeway beat Melrose. So, we will beat Melrose," Hardin County will get blown out on its home field! That sort of logic is notoriously faulty and woefully unreliable.

Here are just three examples (there are many, many more):

Whitehaven 40 - Ridgeway 20.

Ridgeway 21 - Melrose 10

Woodale 36 - RW 14

Based on your logic, both Whitehaven and Woodale should dust Melrose! Well, Guess what--Melrose dusted Whitehaven 27 - 6, and blanked Woodale 14 -0.

---------------------------------------------

Trust me when I tell you, Melrose has improved exponentially since the first 1/3 of the season. If HC has tape on Melrose from that RW game, then they would be advised to just burn it immediately! It will be woefully misleading.

For the record, Ridgeway defeated Melrose on a long "Hail-Mary" type pass, at the buzzer!

If Melrose and RW were to play again, Melrose would win by 2 or more TD's, IMO.

----------------------------------

Hardin County will be extremely fired up and beaming with confidence @ home, Friday nite vs Melrose! Unfortunately for HC, they will quickly be hit with a brutal dose of reality: Melrose's passing game will simply overwhelm Hardin County's secondary, and HC will fall behind early. At some point, HC will be forced to pass the ball in order to get back into the game... That's when the game will quickly get out of hand for HC, and Melrose will pull away.

Melrose 26 -- Hardin County 10 (If this game were being played @ Melrose, I'd say 34 - 7 Melrose).

Let me get this straight! Hardin County doesn't have a chance and they beat Ridgeway by 1 and Ridgeway beat Melrose by 1. Sounds like someone is on a high horse!!

FballFan101,

If Hardin County goes into its game vs Melrose's thinking...."We beat Ridgeway. Ridgeway beat Melrose. So, we will beat Melrose," Hardin County will get blown out on its home field! That sort of logic is notoriously faulty and woefully unreliable.

Here are just three examples (there are many, many more):

Whitehaven 40 - Ridgeway 20.

Ridgeway 21 - Melrose 10

Woodale 36 - RW 14

Based on your logic, both Whitehaven and Woodale should dust Melrose! Well, Guess what--Melrose dusted Whitehaven 27 - 6, and blanked Woodale 14 -0.

---------------------------------------------

Trust me when I tell you, Melrose has improved exponentially since the first 1/3 of the season. If HC has tape on Melrose from that RW game, then they would be advised to just burn it immediately! It will be woefully misleading.

For the record, Ridgeway defeated Melrose on a long "Hail-Mary" type pass, at the buzzer!

If Melrose and RW were to play again, Melrose would win by 2 or more TD's, IMO.

----------------------------------

Hardin County will be extremely fired up and beaming with confidence @ home, Friday nite vs Melrose! Unfortunately for HC, they will quickly be hit with a brutal dose of reality: Melrose's passing game will simply overwhelm Hardin County's secondary, and HC will fall behind early. At some point, HC will be forced to pass the ball in order to get back into the game... That's when the game will quickly get out of hand for HC, and Melrose will pull away.

Melrose 26 -- Hardin County 10 (If this game were being played @ Melrose, I'd say 34 - 7 Melrose).

TraderB,

I have followed kwc and your insight for a few years and respect your opinion. There is no Ridgeway beat Melrose logic behind HC this week. We would only have to look at the Northside/Bartlett score then turn to to Melrose/Bartlett score to eliminate that train of thought. That thought process doesnt workout, as you know, because games are played on the field. Melrose is traditionally a strong team and it is logical that they are headed for a collision course with Mitchell. Unfortunately I dont think LC or HC will be playing this Friday night with the idea of keeping the tracks clear for those 2 trains to meet. Good luck to all teams in Quad 4 I just hope one of them finishes the job in Cookeville.

HC with the upset. The Tigers stun Melrose 15-12 in OT.

I dont see HC stunning Melrose this week. These 2 teams match up pretty well IMO. HC can win this game.

ummm....the smoke from the herbal essence have gone to your noggin!! You are nuts if you think HC remotely matches up with the Golden Wildcats at ANY position!! Wake up dude!!

You gonna have to change your call sign.

TraderB,

I have followed kwc and your insight for a few years and respect your opinion. There is no Ridgeway beat Melrose logic behind HC this week. We would only have to look at the Northside/Bartlett score then turn to to Melrose/Bartlett score to eliminate that train of thought. That thought process doesnt workout, as you know, because games are played on the field. Melrose is traditionally a strong team and it is logical that they are headed for a collision course with Mitchell. Unfortunately I dont think LC or HC will be playing this Friday night with the idea of keeping the tracks clear for those 2 trains to meet. Good luck to all teams in Quad 4 I just hope one of them finishes the job in Cookeville.

ftbllfn:

I appreciate your kind words about me and I'm sure TraderB feels the same. You know that I've been reading this and other posts on here on a daily basis, like all of us do because we are addicted ... can't get enough, but let me say this also ... I've had your comments on my mind here recently because I feel can relate to what you are going through internally. By that I mean this ... when I first started coming to this site several years ago there wasn't much West Tn support on here and very little City of Memphis support. I would read stuff about Memphis teams and just get infuriated. I quickly learned to just let the play on the field talk for itself and just enjoy the ride along the way. I soon found out that those who were not knowledgeable about Memphis area teams would find out when they faced them of what kind of teams were from my city. If the Memphis team did well ... those who were vanquished would soon be singing the praises of that team to all who would listen. If the city team fell ... well ... it was just another undiciplined, poorly coached but highly talented team from Memphis. By and large ... people had/have already made up their minds about Memphis City teams and the only way to change their perspective or opinion is to have their team play a City of Memphis team and let the chips fall where they may.

About Hardin County:

I think Hardin County high school football is pretty good and I think they have had an outstanding year and I think the coaches over there deserves a lot of credit for the consistency that they have shown over the past few years. But, based on my years of experience of just watching and observing football on the high school level; I just think Melrose is the better team. This year has been by Melrose's standards, is an off year ... but make no mistake about it ... that is a very solid team offensively and defensively. Their achiles heel is what's it has been for years ... their lack of a kicking game.

On another note:

There is one thing I would like for you to pay attention to when you attend the game. I'm assuming you will be there. Just watch the young man playing QB for Melrose and give me your opinion of him and how he manages his team. Quite frankly, I'm very impressed with his play considering that he is only a sophomore, but I would love to get someone else's POV. This is the 2nd QB to be coached under this current coaching staff at Melrose to be so poised in the pocket that I'm beginning to think that it's more then just them having talented players to play that position. I think that whoever currently coaches QB's at Melrose is one of the best around because I like the product that I see when I see Melrose play.

Anyway ... just some thoughts ftbllfn.

TraderB,

Fair enough, ftbllfn.

Look, your team has every right to feel confident going into its home, playoff game vs Melrose. They just need to make doubly-sure that they stay focused and not get OVERconfident, due to the whole comparative-score thing.

Hopefully it will be an exciting game, with no major injuries or incidents.....Naturally, I'm pulling for the Memphis team--Melrose. :lol:

------------------------------------

Rest assured, however--I join you in full support of WHATEVER West Tennessee representative emerges from the pack...:thumb: