Cannon County Football

wildcat5

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lions had a great year. Kept building on what Coach Barger did at Woodbury.

barger didn't start anything at CANNON it was the BOYS that turned the program around!!!!!!!!! barger left and that made them boys work harder than ever and he left them boys in the hands of someone that didnt know how to coach only thing good that came out of bringing bartch in was th D-cordinator and now there is a pretty good coach in there the way this guy coaches is the way every coach should coach(with pride, determination, and heart) he make the team a family! that makes all the difference in the world to these boys! let this guy work for a cupple of years and get more players in there! then you will see this guy at work!!! :roflolk:

I agree.

Lions had a great year. Kept building on what Coach Barger did at Woodbury.

barger didn't start anything at CANNON it was the BOYS that turned the program around!!!!!!!!! barger left and that made them boys work harder than ever and he left them boys in the hands of someone that didnt know how to coach only thing good that came out of bringing bartch in was th D-cordinator and now there is a pretty good coach in there the way this guy coaches is the way every coach should coach(with pride, determination, and heart) he make the team a family! that makes all the difference in the world to these boys! let this guy work for a cupple of years and get more players in there! then you will see this guy at work!!! :roflolk:

Coach Bartsch did a fine job while he was here, he knows how to coach and he will be successful in his future. He coached the way successful programs are coached. He was the boys football coach not there friend!!! and thats how it is suppose to be. He was left with a senior class that expected to be just show up and get playing time. And then he finally got rid of the players who didn't wan to play and he was fired for it. Anyway Coach schrenk is doing an outsatnding job and CCHS will be fine. With the d-coordinator gone all the coaches can now share the same vision and mission of the program

You know, I have been around for a while but rarely get on here and post anything. Just felt like it was time to give my 2 cents worth...Cannon County football was very successful this season *2009 8AA District Champions*, this success starts with the players and coaches. The coaches did a great job making a transition for a wing t offense to the spread offense. There is always a difficult period when trying to make changes like this, but the players did a great job studying and working as hard as they could. The coaches did a great job working with the players making the season very enjoyable. Whether you like the coaches or not its always difficult for players to adjust to a coach when you have had 3 coaches in 4 years. The community was great supporting the players and making this season for everyone very special. "We Believed" :hungry:

When it comes to coaching changes or any other decisions that are made they are always difficult to handle at first then its time to move on. The D-Coordinator did a great job motivating and getting the players in the right spots to succeed. With that being said there has to be something with him being let go 2 years in a row. Coach Schrenk has every right to bring back or let go any coach he wants to, ultimately its his job on the line. If Coach Schrenk feels he will succeed better without the D-Coordinator then so be it. Most of us on here posting are just fans and don't know anything about what goes on behind closed doors.

I hope the guys are working harder in the weight room than they ever have before. They now know what it takes to make the playoffs and what it will take to make it farther than this year.

To the players and coaches: Great job this season, keep working hard and don't pay any attention to the negative stuff. Can't wait till the 2010 season begins and we can capture another District title!!!

Why do the head coaches at Cannon County continue to run this guy off??? Is he that big of threat to your job???? do you understand why this team did as well as it did this year? Do you understand the ability this guy has to make adjustments?????

shrenk your offense had 7 turnovers in your playoff game....and you lost by less than 10 points...do you get that reason why, Defense kept you in the game against a team you should have beat by 21. Now York is going to the semi's, it should be Cannon County and it's defense going to the semi's.

Good luck to the Defensive Coordinator...hope he lands somewhere that plays Cannon County next year so he can deliver a little medicine to you Shrenk

I am glad to see patriotspy continuing to support Cannon County's football program. That is very supportive wanting the team you follow to lose in spite of a coaching decision. Very classy man. If you knew as much about the program as you say you do, you would know that the defensive coordinator could not be a threat on the head coach's job seeing that he is not even a liscensed teacher and unaffiliated with the school. Why would you bash the head coach who took this team to the playoffs anyway buddy? If I recall, the same defensive coordinator was there last year and this team did not make the playoffs. Your what they would call a fair weather fan. When things are going great you love the program. When it is in dismay, you are the first to criticize. It is to my understanding with the attitude you have you would fit in nicely sitting in the stands with a bunch of Owls. Maybe you and your freind should use that horn to help Smith County next season instead.

Exactly what does "fit in nicely .......Owl" mean there Murf?? You know what? We would just take ole Pattypeepers off your hands it ya'll don't appreciate him. ( leave the horn guy there, we got a horn :thumb: ) I kind of like his fire and him speaking his mind. I don't always agree with him but he is one of the few that stands up for CC win or lose, and is not a "follower". Seems since CC won a little this year, there have been a few jump on the bandwagon. Guess what?? Ole Pattypeepers has been driving that wagon for some time now.You know what, I believe we would get him a black SC shirt, kind of like the one Schrenk was wearing when SC played Harpeth !!! Shoot, ole Pattypeepers could set between me and Antwan. :roflol:

Why do the head coaches at Cannon County continue to run this guy off??? Is he that big of threat to your job???? do you understand why this team did as well as it did this year? Do you understand the ability this guy has to make adjustments?????

shrenk your offense had 7 turnovers in your playoff game....and you lost by less than 10 points...do you get that reason why, Defense kept you in the game against a team you should have beat by 21. Now York is going to the semi's, it should be Cannon County and it's defense going to the semi's.

Good luck to the Defensive Coordinator...hope he lands somewhere that plays Cannon County next year so he can deliver a little medicine to you Shrenk

I am glad to see patriotspy continuing to support Cannon County's football program. That is very supportive wanting the team you follow to lose in spite of a coaching decision. Very classy man. If you knew as much about the program as you say you do, you would know that the defensive coordinator could not be a threat on the head coach's job seeing that he is not even a liscensed teacher and unaffiliated with the school. Why would you bash the head coach who took this team to the playoffs anyway buddy? If I recall, the same defensive coordinator was there last year and this team did not make the playoffs. Your what they would call a fair weather fan. When things are going great you love the program. When it is in dismay, you are the first to criticize. It is to my understanding with the attitude you have you would fit in nicely sitting in the stands with a bunch of Owls. Maybe you and your freind should use that horn to help Smith County next season instead.

Exactly what does "fit in nicely .......Owl" mean there Murf?? You know what? We would just take ole Pattypeepers off your hands it ya'll don't appreciate him. ( leave the horn guy there, we got a horn :lol: ) I kind of like his fire and him speaking his mind. I don't always agree with him but he is one of the few that stands up for CC win or lose, and is not a "follower". Seems since CC won a little this year, there have been a few jump on the bandwagon. Guess what?? Ole Pattypeepers has been driving that wagon for some time now.You know what, I believe we would get him a black SC shirt, kind of like the one Schrenk was wearing when SC played Harpeth !!! Shoot, ole Pattypeepers could set between me and Antwan. :thumb:

WOW!! Terdmite I never thought I would hear that coming from YOU !!! :blush: I hope you have PLENTY of that blank spandex to make a shirt for P-Spy it will take it :roflol: I saw first hand how SC fan support is waning in Cookeville , but I never thought you would stoop this LOW , trying to steal OUR P-Spy!! :blush: LOL!!!

Hmmmm..... Did i finally silence the infamous Patriot Spy? I guess it is hard to type with a foot in your mouth.

Well you know ole uncle Jed and granny did the best the could fer me back in them thar hills of Cannon county, Oh by the way before you get on my spelling and grammer look at your own post first.........didn't realize you were a elementary school teacher, maybe you can keep your skirt down long enough to read this....you might be the educator of the year from Cannon County who knows and who really cares.....

Murphy "Despair" I travel frequently, no i don't drive a truck like you do!!!!!! I travel on business and when i get bored i get on this thread and stir up the pot a little.... i APOLOGIZE for not getting back to your red neck asp!!!!! sooner. Hope you haven't lost sleep waiting for my response. But you continue to post and i'm sure i won't be the only one to harrass you and your provoking thoughts. As far as the new coach goes, yes he takes all the blame when things go bad....but he is also first in line to take all the praise when things go well.....So as it goes, most great leaders sing the praises of the individuals who support them and work with them.....Haven't heard of any praise coming in for the coaches....but while i was in Cookeville today did get wind of the Great Cannon County Coach Shrenk getting some award....more to come when i get more information.....Can't reveal what i heard, because it was to far out there to pass on....

I am glad you know what I drive now. Hopefully you will not slash my tires at the next Cannon Vs. Smith game next year. Provoking thoughts? I was supporting the coaches decison. After all, he did win the Region Championship last year. He has a right to do whatever he feels is best for the team's chances next year. Obvisouly he thought firing the defensive coordinator was the right decision. I suppose you know the team,coaches,and what goes on behind the scenes rather well if you are bold enough to make these claims. I heard Cannon had this problem in the past. Eveyone jumping on the coach before you rationally look at the pros and cons of his decision. Cannon is in the future now. No more wire fences, a pastor for a field, dangerously cramped workout facilities, and bad attitudes from supporters. You should take your "old Cannon County" mentality out of here and let them progress. Like i said in a previous post, you are not going to out wit me Mr. "football guru".

Hmmmm..... Did i finally silence the infamous Patriot Spy? I guess it is hard to type with a foot in your mouth.

Well you know ole uncle Jed and granny did the best the could fer me back in them thar hills of Cannon county, Oh by the way before you get on my spelling and grammer look at your own post first.........didn't realize you were a elementary school teacher, maybe you can keep your skirt down long enough to read this....you might be the educator of the year from Cannon County who knows and who really cares.....

Murphy "Despair" I travel frequently, no i don't drive a truck like you do!!!!!! I travel on business and when i get bored i get on this thread and stir up the pot a little.... i APOLOGIZE for not getting back to your red neck asp!!!!! sooner. Hope you haven't lost sleep waiting for my response. But you continue to post and i'm sure i won't be the only one to harrass you and your provoking thoughts. As far as the new coach goes, yes he takes all the blame when things go bad....but he is also first in line to take all the praise when things go well.....So as it goes, most great leaders sing the praises of the individuals who support them and work with them.....Haven't heard of any praise coming in for the coaches....but while i was in Cookeville today did get wind of the Great Cannon County Coach Shrenk getting some award....more to come when i get more information.....Can't reveal what i heard, because it was to far out there to pass on....

I am glad you know what I drive now. Hopefully you will not slash my tires at the next Cannon Vs. Smith game next year. Provoking thoughts? I was supporting the coaches decison. After all, he did win the Region Championship last year. He has a right to do whatever he feels is best for the team's chances next year. Obvisouly he thought firing the defensive coordinator was the right decision. I suppose you know the team,coaches,and what goes on behind the scenes rather well if you are bold enough to make these claims. I heard Cannon had this problem in the past. Eveyone jumping on the coach before you rationally look at the pros and cons of his decision. Cannon is in the future now. No more wire fences, a pastor for a field, dangerously cramped workout facilities, and bad attitudes from supporters. You should take your "old Cannon County" mentality out of here and let them progress. Like i said in a previous post, you are not going to out wit me Mr. "football guru".

In defense of Cannon Co. "Mr. Unfair" I know you are "The football GURU" but P-Spy is NOT from CC he's not even from the state of TN. , just wanted to clear that up and thanks for ALL you do!! :roflol:

I just want ALL of players and coaches of CCHS "The 2009 District Champions " to know how proud I am of the season you had!!! It was a heck of a ride , you guys deserved it! I personally know some the hardships and obstacles that you have had to endure this past four years , and you guys kept your heads up and stayed focused and made "BELIEVERS" out of EVERYONE!!Seniors YOU ALL know what this has meant to me , THANK YOU so much for letting me be a part of it! The SC game All of YOU know what that meant to me! What else can I say , you guys have got it ROLLING and you know I can't wait till next year to keep it going! Thanks again yall are a great bunch of young men , I will never forget!! :roflol:

WOW!! Terdmite I never thought I would hear that coming from YOU !!! I hope you have PLENTY of that blank spandex to make a shirt for P-Spy it will take it I saw first hand how SC fan support is waning in Cookeville , but I never thought you would stoop this LOW , trying to steal OUR P-Spy!! LOL!!!

Hear what coming from me?? I never said I didn't like ole Pspy. Just because he doesn't like me, that's OK, it just puts him in the LONG line. The ones that like me...that's the short line. That SC shirt looked OK on Schrenk. SC support waning? :twisted: It's obvious you hadn't been to the HOLE in a long,long time. Heck, we carry more to scrimmage games that most do to real games. Ask around.

Ya'll the ones trying to give us Pspy. He's beat the drum for CC for a couple of years now, with pride, maybe not always correct :roflolk: , but he gives his opinion . Nobody else gave a hoot one way or the other ...maybe wildcat5 and 1-2 more, but not as much as Pspy. He speaks his mind after CC won 6 games, just like he did before when they lost 6 games.

I am a Cannon Co. supporter, but I just want to say how proud and impressed I am with region 8-AA. York and Smith represented our region very well as did Dekalb and LA. And Cannon shocking everyone and winning the region championship. Truly a great season for 8-AA football. Coach Schrenk did an outstanding job and as far as I am concerned he has the right to make any types of changes that he wants on his staff. The D-coordinator did a great job but he never really got on board with the vision and plan of the program. He has lots of supporters but this is the 2nd coach in 2 years to fire him, that should tell everyone something. Anyway I think Termite and all Smith Co. fans would agree that Cannon Co. improving only helps our region and makes every game count and fun to watch. Congrats to all 8-AA teams this season!!