Cannon County Football

wildcat5

WOW!!! those are the words I choose to describe the season CCHS football had this year. I was the biggest critic of all of Coach Schrenk and I said back then I hope he proves me wrong and he and his staff most certainly did. When he was hired I said he needed to generate potential new players interest and he has done that as I have heard there 20 -25 new players expressing interest in playing next season, then he needed to push and promote the program to the community and he did that better than any coach we have ever had as the community support was outstanding. Most importantly I said he must change the culture of Cannon County football and that is always the hardest job a coach can have and he has changed the image and culture of the program more important than anything he won games and led the team to a region championship. The job you have done Coach Schrenk and staff was amazing and your doing an outstanding job!!! I know there will be groing pains as there always is in building a program, but I see only good things in the future !!!! Great season and a job well done. Now I hope the community will support boys and girls basketball the way they supported football. Both teams have outstanding coaches and the teams are working exceptionally hard to start a new generation of winning tradition for CCHS Basketball. I promise there will be a great product on the floor and you will enjoy the atmosphere of the games!! CCHS BASKETBALL ENVY THE PAST, FEAR THE FUTURE!!!! Again congrats to the football team and staff. We are lucky to have the great group of coaches we have at CCHS, thanks to you all for your hard work and dedication

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!!! those are the words I choose to describe the season CCHS football had this year. I was the biggest critic of all of Coach Schrenk and I said back then I hope he proves me wrong and he and his staff most certainly did. When he was hired I said he needed to generate potential new players interest and he has done that as I have heard there 20 -25 new players expressing interest in playing next season, then he needed to push and promote the program to the community and he did that better than any coach we have ever had as the community support was outstanding. Most importantly I said he must change the culture of Cannon County football and that is always the hardest job a coach can have and he has changed the image and culture of the program more important than anything he won games and led the team to a region championship. The job you have done Coach Schrenk and staff was amazing and your doing an outstanding job!!! I know there will be groing pains as there always is in building a program, but I see only good things in the future !!!! Great season and a job well done. Now I hope the community will support boys and girls basketball the way they supported football. Both teams have outstanding coaches and the teams are working exceptionally hard to start a new generation of winning tradition for CCHS Basketball. I promise there will be a great product on the floor and you will enjoy the atmosphere of the games!! CCHS BASKETBALL ENVY THE PAST, FEAR THE FUTURE!!!! Again congrats to the football team and staff. We are lucky to have the great group of coaches we have at CCHS, thanks to you all for your hard work and dedication

Glad to see Cannon Co. have the season that they did. Winning will cure all ills.

Pspy, with the defensive co-ordinator being gone it is an addition by subtraction to the team. He did a fine job, but perhaps there is a reason that both of the last 2 head coaches have removed him as coach. Now maybe the whole team is on the same page incuding ALL the coaches. I hope the d-coordinator lands on his feet and gets a good job, but the team will do just fine remember Coach Schrenk was a defensve co-ordinator in Alabama for a long time so he will coach the defense up i am sure.

Why do the head coaches at Cannon County continue to run this guy off??? Is he that big of threat to your job???? do you understand why this team did as well as it did this year? Do you understand the ability this guy has to make adjustments?????

shrenk your offense had 7 turnovers in your playoff game....and you lost by less than 10 points...do you get that reason why, Defense kept you in the game against a team you should have beat by 21. Now York is going to the semi's, it should be Cannon County and it's defense going to the semi's.

Good luck to the Defensive Coordinator...hope he lands somewhere that plays Cannon County next year so he can deliver a little medicine to you Shrenk

I am glad to see patriotspy continuing to support Cannon County's football program. That is very supportive wanting the team you follow to lose in spite of a coaching decision. Very classy man. If you knew as much about the program as you say you do, you would know that the defensive coordinator could not be a threat on the head coach's job seeing that he is not even a liscensed teacher and unaffiliated with the school. Why would you bash the head coach who took this team to the playoffs anyway buddy? If I recall, the same defensive coordinator was there last year and this team did not make the playoffs. Your what they would call a fair weather fan. When things are going great you love the program. When it is in dismay, you are the first to criticize. It is to my understanding with the attitude you have you would fit in nicely sitting in the stands with a bunch of Owls. Maybe you and your freind should use that horn to help Smith County next season instead.

Nope, patspy, CC is right where they should be. Winning the 8AA trophy, firing coaches, glad to go 1 game over .500, exiting politely week 1 of playoffs. After all, you were one of the ones that believe "if you can't win it all, why play the playoffs?" CC proved that idea is prominent in lots more than just you. You won your SuperBowl in Cookeville. Enjoy it. Be wary of being the new "one year wonders" around these parts.

BTW Milan is in west TN. You can still go out there and watch the real 8AA Champs in my book. York earned it. We didn't.

Why do the head coaches at Cannon County continue to run this guy off??? Is he that big of threat to your job???? do you understand why this team did as well as it did this year? Do you understand the ability this guy has to make adjustments?????

shrenk your offense had 7 turnovers in your playoff game....and you lost by less than 10 points...do you get that reason why, Defense kept you in the game against a team you should have beat by 21. Now York is going to the semi's, it should be Cannon County and it's defense going to the semi's.

Good luck to the Defensive Coordinator...hope he lands somewhere that plays Cannon County next year so he can deliver a little medicine to you Shrenk

I am glad to see patriotspy continuing to support Cannon County's football program. That is very supportive wanting the team you follow to lose in spite of a coaching decision. Very classy man. If you knew as much about the program as you say you do, you would know that the defensive coordinator could not be a threat on the head coach's job seeing that he is not even a liscensed teacher and unaffiliated with the school. Why would you bash the head coach who took this team to the playoffs anyway buddy? If I recall, the same defensive coordinator was there last year and this team did not make the playoffs. Your what they would call a fair weather fan. When things are going great you love the program. When it is in dismay, you are the first to criticize. It is to my understanding with the attitude you have you would fit in nicely sitting in the stands with a bunch of Owls. Maybe you and your freind should use that horn to help Smith County next season instead.

Three or four things for you Murphy Unfair.....you are the fair weatherd fan!!!

Why Shrenk was successful:

1) Barger set everything in play...he got the program rolling

2) Bartsch had to deal with the left over players loyal to Barger...That allowed #30 to thrieve under Bartsch's reign.

3) Bartsch ran all the players who couldn't take discipline and structure off...So that left only the one's who wanted to play for Shrenk (makes it easy to coach). Also a large number of those players loved the D-coordinator

4) If you had a memory, All Batrsch boy's had to do to make the playoff's for Bartsch was to beat Smith County last game of the year...The kids made their point...they didn't show up for that game (i witness it myself)

5) If you remember that season 2008...(oh you probably didn't start going to the games until the last game this year) the D-coordinator keep the season alive with the defense....

6) Also get out on Saturdays and watch your local Junior league football program, another thing Shrenk is benefitting from as the first round of kids who played (started) that program are making it to the high school ranks....I didn't see shrenk show up for many of those games....remember i believe that program put a couple of thousand dollars into the field this year.

Just a few points for you Murphy Unfair, which your screen name tells me you are mocking one of Cannon County's prominant citizen's. So until you understand football, (probably one of those local horse riders you never step foot on the field and wore a war bonnet on Friday nights) keep posting your comments. And when your wife teaches you something about football, show up for at least one game a year and support the local programs.

Fear drives people to make irrational decisions, Maybe this guy wanted more control over his side of the field, but a true leader has the confidence (not the ego) to lead his team and not worry about who is going to get credit or who gets the praise from the public. I hate to see the guy go because i claim to have a little football sense...It will be interesting to see who leads the defensive side of the field....

7 turnovers in one game (playoff game just in case you sat at home and didn't go murphy) and only lost by 8.....I would say the ole man did a good job on defense and i believe he was the largeset contributor to keeping the kids on track to win games....One final observation..on that playoff night why was Shrenk in and out of the fieldhouse...was he that nervous or was someone thier to distract him!!!! a lot of 6A jobs opened up that night. I didn't see the ole man pacing up and down before the game...OH I bet he had been there before!!!!!!

GOOOD LUCK YORK...IT SHOULD BE CANNON COUNTY GOING TO MILAN......

Judging by your grammar usage and spelling skills, I can defiantly tell you are from Woodbury. Even if you do not agree with the guy getting fired, can you atleast respect the coach's decision? How can you not praise a man who installed an entirely new offense and instilled vaules in a team who's average height is 5'9 and average weight around 180? The previous two coaches had plenty of size and athletes to work with. The Lions were undersized in nearly all if not all games they have played in. All three coaches have had their equal amounts of adversity they had to overcome. It is not like he just walked in and everything was laid right out there for him. I am not taking credit away from this coach but you can not contribute a season like the lions had this year on a defensive coordinator. There has to be a reason behind this decision. If he is truly as good as you say he is, I am sure Cannon's coach would not have fired him for no reason. How do you consider me a fair weather fan sir? Seeing this is the second post i have ever posted on a Cannon thread. I am sure he is firing him to do what is right for the team. Either way, I am not going to judge him because I see things with an open mind. It seems you have trouble doing that after jumping on here bashing the coach right away. You can try to "out wit" me with your vast football knowledge patriotspy, but it is not going to work i promise.

Lions had a great year. Kept building on what Coach Barger did at Woodbury.

barger didn't start anything at CANNON it was the BOYS that turned the program around!!!!!!!!! barger left and that made them boys work harder than ever and he left them boys in the hands of someone that didnt know how to coach only thing good that came out of bringing bartch in was th D-cordinator and now there is a pretty good coach in there the way this guy coaches is the way every coach should coach(with pride, determination, and heart) he make the team a family! that makes all the difference in the world to these boys! let this guy work for a cupple of years and get more players in there! then you will see this guy at work!!! :roflol: