#4 Daniel Boone (10-2) @ #2 Sullivan South (10-2) 3rd Round

BTaylormom,I just talked to BigVOLDaddy and gave him the number.Tell Bobby that I'm proud of what he done friday night and wished him and Action could have played on the same high school team.We had our best chance last year,but I hope Bobby and his team can get it done for all of upper east Tennessee this year.I will be with my football roots friday night in Greeneville and hope that they and Elizabethton can do the same.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

formerblazer, got the good draw? I wouldn't knock Knox Catholic. They were every bit as good as the three of us. They thought they were gonna take us outback and we were ready to play ball that's all.

I knew you were going to say that...draw is in draw of luck and draw of quick off the draw. Your first game was one of the easier by all accounts, Knox Cath had you beat but they couldn't get the job done, and you had the game plan for us. Simple enough so draw for that. I think that we could have been in the third round regardless if we are here or not.

Interesting enough, you all did think you were rolling fairly good. As far as TN High goes with overconfidence...do you think you all could have handled them and had a different plan a second time? I personally think we lined up better against them and you lined up better against us and they lined up better against you if that is a triangle...but that is how things go and we'll never find out. I still find it hard to believe that you lost to DB...but you didn't have the St to bother them and BT must not have been clicking yet. Playing toward the back end of the season would have been more in your favor this year.

You want some cheese with that whine?

You are right though. We did have the easy draw after we played Catholic because we got to play Boone instead of TN High and South is Boone's daddy. It was fun to see all of those Boone fans leaving at the end of the 3rd quarter. I usually don't get to see so many people leave at one time like that because I'm always sitting on the South side of the DB-South game. It's much easier to see across the field what's going on. :roflol:

Batman is right though. DB should have beaten Boone by 20 points. They just shot themselves in the foot all night long.

Oh Wildcat, it must be great to ride a bandwagon over at South when things go well. As far as South being Boone's daddy, the last time I saw them on the field it was when they lost by 40 points, so I could care less about them, I'd like the new Boone boys to get a win on them and by all accounts, you all are losing a lot so please, enjoy the win and we'll see you with the majority of our team next year :lol:

And you are welcome, it's good to be appreciated knowing that Boone could get the job done against TN High but you couldn't :roflol:

And you are welcome, it's good to be appreciated knowing that Boone could get the job done against TN High but you couldn't :roflolk:

FormerBlazer---I come on here to see the South/Columbia Thread and see where this Boone/South Thread is still active--Click--you are on here 16 or more pages still trying to talk yourself into a theory that Boone should be going to the Semi's. Give it up, it ain't gona happen. Yes, I do appreciate you beating TN HIGH. Yes, that did make it alot easier for us. Yes, we play you 10 times this year we beat you 9, if not all 10. Yes, you have alot of boys returning and we lose alot and that may be a different story next year, but next year is next year, but this year the Rebs are in and why can't you just accept that and get behind us, the local team, as is Greeneville and Lizzy. You would have had our support if the reverse was so. There's alot of respect for Coach Jenkins on Pactolus and I'm sure C.Jenkins feels the same way about C.Carter and South-----------why can't you quit whining. Did we not chop the crow up well enough, or did you leave at the end of the 3rd quarter before the Crow was good and done. . Try some Crowe sauce with it or some Rebel Yell. In one sentence you seem to be congratulating South and in the next sentence you seem to be in denial. Get a grip. If you need some professional help, call "Howsitgoing" at BR549-6969, he's been busy lately, but he can find time out of his normal job at the doughnut shop.

And you are welcome, it's good to be appreciated knowing that Boone could get the job done against TN High but you couldn't :roflolk:

FormerBlazer---I come on here to see the South/Columbia Thread and see where this Boone/South Thread is still active--Click--you are on here 16 or more pages still trying to talk yourself into a theory that Boone should be going to the Semi's. Give it up, it ain't gona happen. Yes, I do appreciate you beating TN HIGH. Yes, that did make it alot easier for us. Yes, we play you 10 times this year we beat you 9, if not all 10. Yes, you have alot of boys returning and we lose alot and that may be a different story next year, but next year is next year, but this year the Rebs are in and why can't you just accept that and get behind us, the local team, as is Greeneville and Lizzy. You would have had our support if the reverse was so. There's alot of respect for Coach Jenkins on Pactolus and I'm sure C.Jenkins feels the same way about C.Carter and South-----------why can't you quit whining. Did we not chop the crow up well enough, or did you leave at the end of the 3rd quarter before the Crow was good and done. . Try some Crowe sauce with it or some Rebel Yell. In one sentence you seem to be congratulating South and in the next sentence you seem to be in denial. Get a grip. If you need some professional help, call "Howsitgoing" at BR549-6969, he's been busy lately, but he can find time out of his normal job at the doughnut shop.

It's like you missed the rest of the quotes bud. I responded to what comp said and agreed with him, and then someone else who is wildcat comes on and says something else. I asked an opinion if he thought that South was rolling now that they could take TN High....wildcat through some gas on a low burning fire. Listen, the game is over and South won, I gave my congrats and there you go. If someone comes on here talking smack, i'm going to talk back. Whining about what? I've said nothing to whine about at all yet it seems any words to you two will be taken that way. So hey, if you have the number give it a call if not I'm going to come back at you. Comp came on, asked some questions, I responded in kind because unlike the two of you, I have respect for the man. And no, I was there until the final buzzer ended bud so you don't need to bring that up either. Seriously, what more do you want me to say? I am here to defend Boone and not take lightly comments from South fans. You won the game and you still have little "haha we won" so hey, I'm going to come right back.

Oh and PS, you may be in the 4th round, but we beat DB...saying that they shot themselves in the foot and "The real south team wasn't there" sounds like whining to me...so cheers have fun with a response.

And yeah, I do hope South wins next week, it looks good for the conference.

formerblazer, I feel no Souther has disrespected you. I feel we have done our best to show you the compassion you deserve. But the more you post the more animosity you show. It's obvious your teeth are Grinding. Last year against Greeneville we lost 2 td's to bogus penalties and watched them score two td's when they were either out of bounds or scored off a flagrant non-called violation against South. We didn't send the film to TSSAA because Stacy is too proud for that. Everyone in attendence is well aware of who won that game. However, we got over it and it took me the longest. My son was the last one holding the ball. Yeah, it was tough and still is. Labeled the best team Stacy Carter has coached since he got to South we knew we were destined to go to the 15th game. We had no question in our minds. However, the officials did not give the game against Daniel Boone to South. No, there was no question it was a fairly called ball game. We couldn't have asked for better. Some calls went South's way and some went Boone's. But it was fair. The fact is...we beat you. On the field. We were dominant. It was not by one point or by a field goal or in overtime. We beat you hard and out loud. South is back and in full power. Accept it. You know when a kid is screaming out of panic and the only thing you can do is slap them to bring them back to reality? Well, consider this your slap! We tried giving you respect and tried to be gracious but you keep getting worse...so there...that's what you wanted...reason to continue to hate us? Fine...so be it. So grit your teeth until next year and we will see if you have really become a big boy or if you still are just a punk.

Comp, you never answered my question and wildcat came on and showed his colors. If you can't read that then I really don't know what to tell you bud. I've asked a couple of questions that are considered "whining" in the South book it seems. So if it all comes down to that then there you go. You wanted my support, that's about all the respect you will get from me at this point cause I really don't have anything else to give you. I've sat here laughing at some of the responses you have given when it was obvious that no fire was started until you came on here. I said "good draw" a couple of pages ago and suddenly that was interpretted as "South had it easier" and no...I never said it was easier but a sentence saying "They had you beat but couldn't get it done" was the truth and you know it. There was another team this year that had you beat and couldn't get it done, and that was us. Don't read into it as a cut down, but read into it as South fighting back and getting the victory. Geez what more do you want.... I've got nothing but football love over here comp :roflolk:

And you are welcome, it's good to be appreciated knowing that Boone could get the job done against TN High but you couldn't :thumb:

Lost my job at the doughnut shop. :thumb: I hoping Waco can get me on at the Ford place. :roflolk:

formerblazer, I used to be the loud mouth on here. I used to be a trouble maker. I felt like telling it the way it was. That is how I met Cap. I just deleted a post that was one of those kind of posts. And I have to say that it is impossible for your program to go backwards after this kind of year. In 2007 with Curt we knew we were invincible. But it wasn't time yet. In 2008 we had the most powerful team Stacy has had yet including 2009. But it wasn't time yet. That is how it will be with your program. You will be so close so many times and yet you will come away empty handed knowing how unfair it seems. However, your day will come and by the sign of the times it won't be long. Jeremy Jenkins is a good man and good things come to those. You are beginning to knock at the door. The day will come when you kick it down. The game was fair. For both of us. We won...convincingly. Could we have beaten the Vikings that day. We wanted the chance to find out. I feel yes we could have. But we will never know. 'Cmon man, take a blow...let it go. You're good people...make it stay that way. I've preached power to NET since my son was a Frosh in '05 and you know what...it's almost there. Did you see that thread, "Where is all the talent gone?" Well I'll tell you where it went. It's in NET. Please man, get on board. I promise to support you and everybody else in these hills. We are brothers. Lose one on the field and you will never see it any other way. Sorry about the other post...I lost my cool. When you lose your cool you say words that are not medicine but are daggers instead. Don't won't to be that way with you. 'Cmon man...you're a big boy now...you got to stand up tall and strong. You got to set example. I expect it from you. That's what you learn when you learn to lead. So be the leader that you have been called up to be. We know you got it. :twisted:

formerblazer, I used to be the loud mouth on here. I used to be a trouble maker. I felt like telling it the way it was. That is how I met Cap. I just deleted a post that was one of those kind of posts. And I have to say that it is impossible for your program to go backwards after this kind of year. In 2007 with Curt we knew we were invincible. But it wasn't time yet. In 2008 we had the most powerful team Stacy has had yet including 2009. But it wasn't time yet. That is how it will be with your program. You will be so close so many times and yet you will come away empty handed knowing how unfair it seems. However, your day will come and by the sign of the times it won't be long. Jeremy Jenkins is a good man and good things come to those. You are beginning to knock at the door. The day will come when you kick it down. The game was fair. For both of us. We won...convincingly. Could we have beaten the Vikings that day. We wanted the chance to find out. I feel yes we could have. But we will never know. 'Cmon man, take a blow...let it go. You're good people...make it stay that way. I've preached power to NET since my son was a Frosh in '05 and you know what...it's almost there. Did you see that thread, "Where is all the talent gone?" Well I'll tell you where it went. It's in NET. Please man, get on board. I promise to support you and everybody else in these hills. We are brothers. Lose one on the field and you will never see it any other way. Sorry about the other post...I lost my cool. When you lose your cool you say words that are not medicine but are daggers instead. Don't won't to be that way with you. 'Cmon man...you're a big boy now...you got to stand up tall and strong. You got to set example. I expect it from you. That's what you learn when you learn to lead. So be the leader that you have been called up to be. We know you got it. :twisted:

Allright you got a deal, I'll buy some something at the sit n bull one day and you hook me up at whatever place CH has with some local flavor :unsure: if not it will be a place with a bar ;)

formerblazer, I used to be the loud mouth on here. I used to be a trouble maker. I felt like telling it the way it was. That is how I met Cap. I just deleted a post that was one of those kind of posts. And I have to say that it is impossible for your program to go backwards after this kind of year. In 2007 with Curt we knew we were invincible. But it wasn't time yet. In 2008 we had the most powerful team Stacy has had yet including 2009. But it wasn't time yet. That is how it will be with your program. You will be so close so many times and yet you will come away empty handed knowing how unfair it seems. However, your day will come and by the sign of the times it won't be long. Jeremy Jenkins is a good man and good things come to those. You are beginning to knock at the door. The day will come when you kick it down. The game was fair. For both of us. We won...convincingly. Could we have beaten the Vikings that day. We wanted the chance to find out. I feel yes we could have. But we will never know. 'Cmon man, take a blow...let it go. You're good people...make it stay that way. I've preached power to NET since my son was a Frosh in '05 and you know what...it's almost there. Did you see that thread, "Where is all the talent gone?" Well I'll tell you where it went. It's in NET. Please man, get on board. I promise to support you and everybody else in these hills. We are brothers. Lose one on the field and you will never see it any other way. Sorry about the other post...I lost my cool. When you lose your cool you say words that are not medicine but are daggers instead. Don't won't to be that way with you. 'Cmon man...you're a big boy now...you got to stand up tall and strong. You got to set example. I expect it from you. That's what you learn when you learn to lead. So be the leader that you have been called up to be. We know you got it. :thumb:

Allright you got a deal, I'll buy some something at the sit n bull one day and you hook me up at whatever place CH has with some local flavor :lol: if not it will be a place with a bar :lol:

My pleasure. Exchange some Rebel Aid for some Blazer Brew? Sounds like a winner. :lol:

formerblazer, I used to be the loud mouth on here. I used to be a trouble maker. I felt like telling it the way it was. That is how I met Cap. I just deleted a post that was one of those kind of posts. And I have to say that it is impossible for your program to go backwards after this kind of year. In 2007 with Curt we knew we were invincible. But it wasn't time yet. In 2008 we had the most powerful team Stacy has had yet including 2009. But it wasn't time yet. That is how it will be with your program. You will be so close so many times and yet you will come away empty handed knowing how unfair it seems. However, your day will come and by the sign of the times it won't be long. Jeremy Jenkins is a good man and good things come to those. You are beginning to knock at the door. The day will come when you kick it down. The game was fair. For both of us. We won...convincingly. Could we have beaten the Vikings that day. We wanted the chance to find out. I feel yes we could have. But we will never know. 'Cmon man, take a blow...let it go. You're good people...make it stay that way. I've preached power to NET since my son was a Frosh in '05 and you know what...it's almost there. Did you see that thread, "Where is all the talent gone?" Well I'll tell you where it went. It's in NET. Please man, get on board. I promise to support you and everybody else in these hills. We are brothers. Lose one on the field and you will never see it any other way. Sorry about the other post...I lost my cool. When you lose your cool you say words that are not medicine but are daggers instead. Don't won't to be that way with you. 'Cmon man...you're a big boy now...you got to stand up tall and strong. You got to set example. I expect it from you. That's what you learn when you learn to lead. So be the leader that you have been called up to be. We know you got it. :thumb:

Allright you got a deal, I'll buy some something at the sit n bull one day and you hook me up at whatever place CH has with some local flavor :lol: if not it will be a place with a bar :lol:

My pleasure. Exchange some Rebel Aid for some Blazer Brew? Sounds like a winner. :lol:

Comp, you are a pleasure to read. Your energy makes this website interesting.

I really thought this was the Vikings' year to bring home their third state title. However, injuries to the offensive playmakers and an inspired Boone team resulted in one of the biggest upsets in NET football history two weeks ago. Once that happened, South's road was open and clear. They would beat Boone 9 out of 10 times as the Vikings would beat South by a similar margin this year. Oh Well, that is why they play the games. Remember the Jeff Co. team that was 7-3 or 6-4 some years ago that ended up winning a 5A title. It is a second season and stamina, coaching, character and talent matter.

I am extremely thrilled we have 3 teams from NET in the semifinals. Also, remember that Tri Cities Christian lost in the finals in their classification. A potentially great year for NET football.

Go Cyclones, G'Devils and Rebels!