Franklin Rebels (#4) @ Brentwood Bruins (#2)

huskergymnast33

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,

The game is over and i gotta few things I want to say. Its not to hard to figure out who I am to Bruin faithfull and to some Franklin parents.

1. Don't kid yourself - I'm thrilled that the Bruins are moving on but my son, Smiley, played all of his rec. league football as a Grassland Golden Eagle with Ben Woodall, Logan Tucker, Cooper Gordon, and others that my feeble mind can't remember. The Rebels left everything on the field and have nothing to be ashamed of. I helped coach all of those boys and they are great kids.

2. I thought it was a ballsy call by Clayton to go for 2 even though it didn't work. I'd like to think the Bruin coaches would have done the same.

3. 2 games decided by 1 pt. Does it get any better than that?

4. I am really proud of the younger Bruins who stepped up with all of our injuries and played their hearts out.

5. If we want to win the war in Afghanistan, send Ron Crawford over there to lead the troops.

6. Even with all of the smack talk in this board, I saw nothing but sportsmanship and hard hitting by both teams on the field. A lot of mutual respect out there during a well played, physical game.

7. I thought the refs stayed out of the way which is good.

8. I am thrilled that I never have to watch Alex Ford carry the ball against the Bruins but I wish him well with his future career wherever it takes him. The kid is a playuh!

Hats off to a tough Franklin team and their great season. Here's to the Bruins FINALLY getting healthy this week and getting prepared for a tough White Station team!

GO BRUINS!

:thumb:

I will echo all of the comments above and add this:

The Franklin team coming over to pray with Brentwood after the game is nothing but CLASS and shows what fine young men they are. I'm sure their parents and all of the Franklin fans are very proud of them.

I am very proud of the Bruins for overcoming all the injuries and distractions this week and never giving up. Let's heal up and get ready for next week!