Anderson Co(9-3)@Columbia Central(11-1)Let Get It On......

lion99

First of all I was on the sidelines during this game. Both teams played hard and are to be saluted.

Each team had their share of penalities that halted drives.

The quarter where the clock didn't run for a few plays did so because of penalities. A quarter can't end on a penality.

There were several BIG plays by both quarterbacks and their receivers. It was a thriller!

On the issue after the game, I was on the field to get interviews and saw an offical hit the ground. And later witnessed the AC coach following the officiating crew to the dressing room. I have covered sports for 34-years and it was a shame to have seen coaches in charge of building the character of those young men, display this type of unsportsmanship. The Anderson County School System should investigate. The Maury County School System wouldn't allow it.

The Anderson County boys wouldn't even shake hands, with the exception of 6 and maybe one or two others I didn't see.. Nobody answered me why not....?

Classy. Didn't know much about AC, but dragon was right.

The Columbia Police grabbed the typical teenaged fans before any taunting could occur, after the game. They grabbed them up and ran them out of the stadium, protecting everyone, including Anderson County coaches and kids.

Good luck # 6 in the future, and everyone who plays AC........ NEXT YEAR :oops:

Can somebody answer me this? Is Anderson County kind of typical of the teams areound Knoxville? Tell me they are not. :lol:

Good luck anderson county...... NEXT YEAR. :oops: Did I mention NEXT YEAR.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mavmaximus, Fanboi and oprressed238:

First of all if Clinton fans were not so upset we beat them they would not be defending Columbia like they are. 2nd if we were playing the Devil himself, Clinton fans would convert to the devil side. I just do not see it; Clinton fans you do not have a dog in this fight!! What is your argument! The facts are even on video and you still find a way to justify a lie. Well I am happy we have a good bunch of Maverick fans that still believe in the truth and then standing up for it. This coach or whatever he is will be reprehended several by the TSSAA and may include a police report against him. I have seen stupid reactions in my life but this one takes the cake. I cannot wait to watch Sullivan South next week. They can have all the film they want on this game, including the so called coach from Columbia's reaction.

Good job Mavericks you boys played your heart out!!! Keep those heads up high!

Westcoast, if you have the film please send me a copy. Give me a return address and I will send you the price you ask in return ASAP. If you would next day it I will be more than happy to pay for postage. I mean I'd pay for postage anyway but would like that sucker in my hands at least by Tuesday. Sure would appreciate it. The business address is below: :oops:

Pigskin Parents

POB 1705

Kingsport, TN 37662

Attn: Quarterfinal State Football Film

Contact Coach Gillum At Anderson County in the Morning. He has been reviewing this film all day. I have his cell phone but of course online cannot give it out. But just Call AC in the morning he will be pleased to send you a copy. Tell him Joey told you to call.

BobB, with your first post on this thread you are really struggling. Think about what your asking. Maybe the AC players were upset at seeing their season end in such a controversial way. However, you are now saying six or so shook hands as compared to only one earlier (#6). Which is it?

You quoted TNSportsNet. They mentioned how well each team played and then about the confrontation which occurred afterward. Then calling for AC schools to investigate. Investigate what? They state pretty much nothing. They didn't say they saw the AC coach knock down the ref or if the refs were going to a locker room area exclusively theirs. Were the AC coaches following the refs to a location no where near their locker rooms or were the coaches locker rooms in the same direction?. Very vague post and amounted to nothing despite being a eye witness. Is there more you witnessed TNSportsNet?

.I honestly have to tip my hat to the columbia receivers

they must have great hands to catch balls thrown with that kind of velocity.

You can blame the refs, thats fine but nobody can stop that guy and his line

does a great job giving him time

as for the Tuscaloosa vrs Knoxville thing...well Kiffin is in his first year and

already no 2 ranked Alabama can't score a td against his team

that kinda says it all

BobB, with your first post on this thread you are really struggling. Think about what your asking. Maybe the AC players were upset at seeing their season end in such a controversial way. However, you are now saying six or so shook hands as compared to only one earlier (#6). Which is it?

You quoted TNSportsNet. They mentioned how well each team played and then about the confrontation which occurred afterward. Then calling for AC schools to investigate. Investigate what? They state pretty much nothing. They didn't say they saw the AC coach knock down the ref or if the refs were going to a locker room area exclusively theirs. Were the AC coaches following the refs to a location no where near their locker rooms or were the coaches locker rooms in the same direction?. Very vague post and amounted to nothing despite being a eye witness. Is there more you witnessed TNSportsNet?

Number 6, my bad, was the only one who I saw shake anyone's hand. Nobody else shook anyone's hand. Nobody here can tell me why. In Columbia, our team shakes hands win, lose or draw. Maybe it's just a middle TN thing.

Number 6, he's a class act, and the only class act I saw on the field on the AC side, who walked up and was man enough to say, "Good job, you all played a great game". I was saying there could have been a couple of more, but mostly all the white jerseys were over gathered I guess in some kind of "our &*^& doesn't stink and we go cheated out of the win" pow wow.

Give it up. You lost. Your #6 is NOT just heads and shoulders above the rest of your team physically. He's head and shoulders above the rest in every other manner.

Good luck #6. Your future is bright.

Bob still not thinking???

Bob, I look forward to your messages late Friday night or early Saturday Morning.

I will be happy to say the "Buck" stops here! Good luck anyways! But you know who I am pulling for!

Go Sullivan South win it big for East Tennessee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is fair enough. I know nothing about SS, nor did I about AC until Friday night. If it's any consolation, I felt Columbia was outcoached. Why did Columbia kick it to ????(can't recall his number but he ran it all the way back once and close to doing it several times) after kicking to the sidelines before? They new he could kill us but did it anyway. Special teams coaching by Columbia wasn't that good. But Columbia had more raw talent and more speed. Some on their roster are around 300lbs.

If AC is lucky enough to meet us again next year, they get to meet our phenom QB's younger brother. :flower:

Bob, I look forward to your messages late Friday night or early Saturday Morning.

I will be happy to say the "Buck" stops here! Good luck anyways! But you know who I am pulling for!

Go Sullivan South win it big for East Tennessee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is fair enough. I know nothing about SS, nor did I about AC until Friday night. If it's any consolation, I felt Columbia was outcoached. Why did Columbia kick it to ????(can't recall his number but he ran it all the way back once and close to doing it several times) after kicking to the sidelines before? They new he could kill us but did it anyway. Special teams coaching by Columbia wasn't that good. But Columbia had more raw talent and more speed. Some on their roster are around 300lbs.

If AC is lucky enough to meet us again next year, they get to meet our phenom QB's younger brother. :flower:

Bob, If we do meet again. I hope it will be as mush fun as this one was. Indeed, this is one for the history books. Good Luck Man!