Father Ryan vs MUS

bigred22

All you pepople that give Father Ryan no chance are crazy and actually STUPID...like that other person said (not sure his nname on here) - Father Ryan fights a lot harder and stronger when they are told no - If you look at the Ensworth and Ba game you will find that out. Father Ryan will not be told no and they play up to every level not matter what. Thats why i like them in this game. This is a team that never gets up and if you look at their losses they dont lose by too much. If u add up all the points they lost by that total is 12. 12!! POINTS!!. You completely nuts if you actually think Father Ryan will Lose by atleast 10. Me personally i dont think Father Ryan will lose this game. All they have to do is stop Barry Brunetti and the RB's and they will do fine. Which Father Ryan's defense has looked really good all year and i think they will do that. If their defensive front plays like they did last week and their secondary plays like they have all year up to last week then they will win this game. :blink::thumb::thumb:

FRHS- 35

MUS- 28

See you guys in Cookeville IRISH!!!!!!!

Giving up 35 points to Briarcrest does not bode well for stopping "Barry Brunetti and the RB's".

But does 45 points scored bode well for their offense?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PurpleIrish0x0 - Pollard probably is the best kicker in the state, especially if there's a premium for distance. If the game comes down to who can kick the most 40+ yard FGs (it won't) then you have an advantage. But you won't beat MUS kicking FGs.

Hiibillydeluxe44 - I nor anybody else ever said the MUS kicker was the best in the state. Both Pollard and Fletcher seem to have stronger legs. What I did say was the MUS "kicking game" (placekicking and punting) was "second to none in effectiveness." It won't cost them a game. It won the S Panola game.

JodyJoe - Allmond is a starter. McBride's backup is another track team sprinter, Elliott Bryant. McBride's ankle injury last week did not appear serious, but if he plays, it's safe to say he'll be less than 100%. MUS beat South Panola and Olive Branch without him.

Hadouken - making predictions based on common opponents is notoriously inaccurate. Giving up 35 points to ANY team does not bode well when facing arguably the best offense in the division. Scoring 45 against Briarcrest tell you nothing about how FR does against MUS any other team.

shakinthefat - call me out for writing in caps? how silly. i capitalize usually isolated single words to give them the emphasis i would give them if actually talking directly to somebody. i could use italics or bold-face or underlining but i prefer capitalizing. take a deep breath and go buy a book by ee cummings.

Owlbooster - I really don't care how you type and word your post. It could be in pig latin spelled backwards for all I care.

I was only making reference to Mr. Woodruffs policy of NO CAPS on the 1st page of this thread. And I quote:

"Slightly off the topic (don't write in all caps, Shakinthefat), .................."

I also capitalize single words to give emphasis, but I have been told that is a form of yelling when you write in CAPS.

"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." EE CUMMINGS

Back to "FOOTBALL"

This post is partially a response to CBQ. He still is having a hard time making a positive statement about the Irish. The fact is no matter the outcome of the next game, Ryan has had a good and successful season and have much to be proud of. So CBQ, just agree and admit it. To the poster who posted that the supposed Ryan poster silly statements makes Father Ryan look bad, I don't know who is more stupid, the poster who gives that much credit to a poster as to the reputation of a school or the actual poster who can't or won't post good english. Ahhhh, game against MUS, nobody in the city of Nashville would be more pleased than me to see the Irish pull the upset and that is what it would be. It would be in my opinion a greater upset than MBA beating Ensworth, something that gave me great pleasure. But, I don't think this will happen, prediction MUS 35, Ryan 14. The poster who stated that when Ryan is told they can't do something, this gives them more motivation, well, I am sure that is true, but it is going to come down to who has the most skilled players, and that is MUS hands down, and we are playing in their stadium. Lastly, win or lose, Ryan has had a great season unless you have that anything less than a championship is a failure atitude. Good luck to the Irish. :popcorneater:

This post is partially a response to CBQ. He still is having a hard time making a positive statement about the Irish. The fact is no matter the outcome of the next game, Ryan has had a good and successful season and have much to be proud of. So CBQ, just agree and admit it. To the poster who posted that the supposed Ryan poster silly statements makes Father Ryan look bad, I don't know who is more stupid, the poster who gives that much credit to a poster as to the reputation of a school or the actual poster who can't or won't post good english. Ahhhh, game against MUS, nobody in the city of Nashville would be more pleased than me to see the Irish pull the upset and that is what it would be. It would be in my opinion a greater upset than MBA beating Ensworth, something that gave me great pleasure. But, I don't think this will happen, prediction MUS 35, Ryan 14. The poster who stated that when Ryan is told they can't do something, this gives them more motivation, well, I am sure that is true, but it is going to come down to who has the most skilled players, and that is MUS hands down, and we are playing in their stadium. Lastly, win or lose, Ryan has had a great season unless you have that anything less than a championship is a failure atitude. Good luck to the Irish. :popcorneater:

darn well quoted sir! Bravo!

MUS is a joke! Are they good? Yes they are very good and they should be especially when your QB should be a senior at Craigmont High and when they actively go out and get the better players from around the Memphis area... They better be good! The TSSAA should do something about this but we all know they won't and the local media doesn't even look at this for whatever reason. What is funny is that the well is about to run dry because most of the public middle school and some of the private middle schools aren't going to play MUS's middle school anymore because they are tired of thier coaches trying to get the better kids off thoese teams to play for them. What happened to the days of whoever applied to your school that is who you played on the team. When did high school become so much like college? It's a joke! I wish MUS good luck and at least they have a great lacrosse team also that way the kids who's parents actually pay for them to go to school have a sport to play.

MUS is a joke! Are they good? Yes they are very good and they should be especially when your QB should be a senior at Craigmont High and when they actively go out and get the better players from around the Memphis area... They better be good! The TSSAA should do something about this but we all know they won't and the local media doesn't even look at this for whatever reason. What is funny is that the well is about to run dry because most of the public middle school and some of the private middle schools aren't going to play MUS's middle school anymore because they are tired of thier coaches trying to get the better kids off thoese teams to play for them. What happened to the days of whoever applied to your school that is who you played on the team. When did high school become so much like college? It's a joke! I wish MUS good luck and at least they have a great lacrosse team also that way the kids who's parents actually pay for them to go to school have a sport to play.

The point of a private school (college preparatory school) is for kids from anywhere to go to a school of their choice. If they want to go there for academics solely or athletics solely, it is their choice and is against no rule or law.

College prep school MUS is not it's a HIGH SCHOOL that's like saying bishop byrne or Briarcrest are prep schools and we both know they are not. You are right kids can go where they choose but when you have a school paying for thier way it's not a choice it then becomes recuriting. I would be interested to see how many of the so called kids who made the choice to leave thier innercity high school and go to MUS are paying what little they pay to the school in cash and I would love to see where that cash comes from. Everybody knows MUS recurited players in Memphis and that two people are incharge of taking parents of presepective athletes out to "talk" to them. I am all for a kid getting to go there and get a better education than he would get in the public school system but don't hide what you are doing because it only makes you look shady.