Lexington at Giles Co

likearock

Don't know anything about Giles. I did watch the Lex-Page game. Neither team impressed me.

If DL was a typical DL team and Giles beat them, they should have no trouble in this game. This Lex team is not as good as they have had. They have some heart and two big backs, but are not strong enough up front IMHO. I wish them well as I know a lot of the boys on the team but I just don't see it.

How big is Giles up front on both sides?

They are small but whats worse is their lack of strength + they are slow. They have not shown the ability to be mean & tough and it hurts their feelings when teams trash talk them. I just wish they were in better shape. :thumb:

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know anything about Giles. I did watch the Lex-Page game. Neither team impressed me.

If DL was a typical DL team and Giles beat them, they should have no trouble in this game. This Lex team is not as good as they have had. They have some heart and two big backs, but are not strong enough up front IMHO. I wish them well as I know a lot of the boys on the team but I just don't see it.

They are small but whats worse is their lack of strength + they are slow. They have not shown the ability to be mean & tough and it hurts their feelings when teams trash talk them. I just wish they were in better shape. :thumb:

Hey Wise Giles.....you are throwing them out there like the old Bulldog.

I have seen both teams.

Lexington folks are all right. They will play you hard but clean.

The biggest difference in this game is that the skilled players from Giles have an edge over Lexington. I think a multi dimensional offense will give Lexington trouble. If GC does not take charge of this game, Lexington will hang around. In the end I see a 28-14 or 21-7 game with GC winning. I won't say anything bad about the Tigers....they earned it.

BUT I would love to see a game between GC and Crockett..........

You are right bulldog. I have heard a lot about Lexington and they seem to have a class program and fans. I still relish the notion that Giles continues to be doubted except by those whom we have played. I prefer to always be in the underdog role. All I hear is schedule strength issues. We know Page, Lawrence Co, Spring Hill, and Lewis can play with anyone. However, teams match up differently with each other. Obviously SH did not match up well with the Tigers but I knew Page would. Then you have SH winning over Page in the H2o war.

There are three things I can tell you for sure about OC's teams.

They respect EVERYONE they play and always focus on preparation & discipline.

He will expect and receive nothing less than the best efforts from his staff & players. Nobody no where works harder than OC.

His teams always improve. Day to day. Week to week.

Biggest thing we got going at the Brickyard is the 12th man has finally arrived. Giles players have been on the rise for 4 years now. Takes a lot longer for the fans to get it. Now. They got it! :thumb:

WOW!! History in the making GC!! What a HUGE win for the seniors of that team, they've been beaten by lipscomb in some close games almost all 4 years and finally got to turn the tables. That right there speaks alot to those guys' character and TEAM mentality. Trust me these guys spend just about every waking moment out of school together and alot of them probably have the same classes, that's really important come playoff time.

I haven't heard much about Lexington all I know is they're a good team and always play a hard game, but from what I hear they lack alot of size up front and alot of skill in their recievers and other skill players. Maybe OC is looking to exploit that fact, we'll find out Friday at the Yard.

I myself might be making the trip down to see this game now that I have a weekend off the field.

GO GC!!

When Lexington played DL in 2005 Lexington filled up the visitors side and almost half of Lipscombs side. I have watched Lex play all year and we have improved greatly since the first of the season. If you shut the run down we also have a great passing game as Page seen Friday night. I predict a very close game. It would be nice to face Liberty Magnet again. Good Luck to both teams.

This wasn't a "typical" DL team, but they were still a very good Lipscomb team. I see Giles winning a fairly close game this week.

Here is your chance to make history two weeks in a row cats. No Giles team has gotten out of the 3rd round. Are you up to the challenge?

Giles should have this one easily, especially coming off a huge win against DL. Lexinton's D will have no answer for Giles' offense. Lexington will run on 1st and 2nd down and try the short pass to convert 3rd downs. Their backs are strong, but don't have the speed. Good luck Bobcats represent D12 proudly!

Giles-28

Lexington-14

Go Tigers!

Have to say us Libety tech fans give a big shout out to Lexington getting to the quarter finals! :popcorneater: They gave us a great game to start the playoffs and are a real contender for the semifinals. My prediction is a liberty / lexington matchup for semifinals. Liberty tech fans will be pulling for the lexington tigers on Friday night for another west tn matchup in the semifinal rounds. Go west tn teams! Lexington is very good and will definitely give Giles a run. Crusadeers for Tigers in this round! :D

GO CRUSADERS ... moving on up! :thumb:

Thanks for the LOVE!! :ugeek:

Good luck with your game. :lol: