2007 Bulldogs vs 2009 Bulldogs

applebutter

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 07 team didn't make as many mental errors and could throw the ball better. This team definately has its strengths, alot more depth, more quality backs and believe it or not,this team is bigger. Don't really know who would win, but the 07 team was about as good as it gets. I just hope this team plays to their potential the rest of the year. Win or lose,their best is all they have.

Yeah ive gotta say this 09 team has some depth and skilled ppl at diff positions,however the 06 team was really a dominate team when my main man townsend was healthy, no matter what any1 wants to get on here and say he was just a very fast, strong, agile, elusive back that would break your ankles and keep on truckin......IF the 09 boys will pull it together and play tough and not turn the ball over these boys may be sittin in cookeville in a few weeks.....GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!

The success really started with the 05 team, The kids in that class set the example for our more resent teams. They was a pretty wimpy bunch that you couldn't hardly keep on the field, always had someone hurt, couldn't practice or play in the games. Oh they had some warriors .but as a whole ,they wern't accountable. As this has went along, these boys don't miss practice and you see pretty much the same kids out there every week. They have gotten mentally and physically tougher. They have learned that excuses just don't cut it. Its a great life lesson they are learning because untin you are able to be accountable for you're own actions, you can never do anything but point at someone else. This group of kids come to work and whatever success they are able to achieve ,they will have earned. Even last years team was a great bunch ,they made alot of silly misakes ,but come Monday ,they were present and accounted for. These kids are actually learning more about being good hard working ,dependable adults than anyone would realize. Not too many of these kids are going to play football after they graduate, they are all going to be adults. I'm pulling for um.

The success really started with the 05 team, The kids in that class set the example for our more resent teams. They was a pretty wimpy bunch that you couldn't hardly keep on the field, always had someone hurt, couldn't practice or play in the games. Oh they had some warriors .but as a whole ,they wern't accountable. As this has went along, these boys don't miss practice and you see pretty much the same kids out there every week. They have gotten mentally and physically tougher. They have learned that excuses just don't cut it. Its a great life lesson they are learning because untin you are able to be accountable for you're own actions, you can never do anything but point at someone else. This group of kids come to work and whatever success they are able to achieve ,they will have earned. Even last years team was a great bunch ,they made alot of silly misakes ,but come Monday ,they were present and accounted for. These kids are actually learning more about being good hard working ,dependable adults than anyone would realize. Not too many of these kids are going to play football after they graduate, they are all going to be adults. I'm pulling for um.

Hey pujo you referring to the 05 team that was 2a and lost to alcoa in Round 1?

HAHA that was my 04 team pujo that i was thinkin of i graduated in 05 we stunk really bad, no1 ever wanted to really give any effort, we just wanted to party and no take it serious. i really think that after that year when they dropped to 1a things really changed, the kids worked out and got more serious about things.........Been on a pretty good roll ever since then

HAHA that was my 04 team pujo that i was thinkin of i graduated in 05 we stunk really bad, no1 ever wanted to really give any effort, we just wanted to party and no take it serious. i really think that after that year when they dropped to 1a things really changed, the kids worked out and got more serious about things.........Been on a pretty good roll ever since then

I think they got someone who expected alot more out of um. Cloudland went down and Hampton went up. I told people then ,it was coming ,alot of them thought I was crazy. At this point,most of them have changed their mind. They might not like it ,but they can surely see the difference. Its called leadership. Don't get me wrong , JC was a great coach and knew football inside and out. I just think he lost the desire and passion to push the kids the way you have to do to be a winner. At some point ,its just not worth it anymore. But its a job someone has to do if you are going to be successful.

The 07 team didn't make as many mental errors and could throw the ball better. This team definately has its strengths, alot more depth, more quality backs and believe it or not,this team is bigger. Don't really know who would win, but the 07 team was about as good as it gets. I just hope this team plays to their potential the rest of the year. Win or lose,their best is all they have.

That's a scary thought. As I recall, they had King Kong playing DT at 6' 7" and 330 pounds.

That's a scary thought. As I recall, they had King Kong playing DT at 6' 7" and 330 pounds.

We don't have anyone as big as Roop ,but the overall team is bigger. I think we have one kid at 300,another one might be close. Its a pretty big team for a school our size. If we could only teach them to catch Jack Rabbits, we would really be on to something.