Rhea County...

BackValleyRally

Well, we've been out of it for a few weeks now. I expect the random RC fans who don't post regularly have stopped reading.

We all know the rumor mill starts with our coaches leaving every year. As expected, I have already heard one. What coaching positions are open across the state that could potentially start the rumor that our coaches are leaving?

Also, let's make this the off season thread with talk about next year and what everyone thinks will happen. Will we have another down 2-8 year, or will we reverse to an 8-2 and move into the playoffs?

Have at it guys. Stay on topic...

Well looking at next year, there are a lot of factors that will play into how successful this team could be. It will all start with the work done in the weight room this off-season and the extra work put in outside of football. Just looking at the schedule, it is the same as this year's, but I think 6-4 is pretty reasonable at this point. We did play a lot of younger guys especially at the skill positions, but I still think we are kind of young. We will have a good bit of experience coming back in places like the secondary, QB, and running back. The areas that we will have to wait and see about are O-line, D-line, and linebackers/Dawgs. We shouldn’t have too much trouble in finding guys to step up.

Offensively we are probably going to throw it a good bit, but with a running back like Des it will help to balance out the offense. Cam should have a pretty athletic group of receivers to throw to. We do have Jacob Kidd, Chris Johnson, Issac Roddy, and Spider Monkey coming back. Then you have guys like Timmy Loden, Skylar Everett, Jeremy Moffett, Hunter Scoons, Hunter Latshaw, Freddie Locke, Blake Sattler, and Tyler Mize who could be receivers. Running back wise we got Des, TD, Beddingfield, Jeremy and Josh Moffett, Michael Valencic and possibly Hayes and French. O-line wise we could see Revis, Cooley, Cochran, Keith, Caleb Smith, Burton, Hickman a.k.a. Poof, and maybe Chris Gates, Drake Billingsley, and Jacob Matthew. I mean there is 4 spots open on the line and any of these guys have a chance to step up.

Defensively I think we will be alright. We got to replace some good players at linebacker and at DE. Most of the secondary is coming back with Chris Johnson, Loden, Spider Monkey, and Roddy. Also Cam Tallent could play some safety next year like he did at the end of this year. Then you have Skylar, Des, Jeremy Moffett, Locke, and Sattler who could be in the secondary. Linebacker/Dawg is like the O-line situation, we got some guys that can step. Beddingfield, Cochran, and Jon Jon are coming back, and Kidd and Dennis will be back at Dawg. Then you have guys that could step up like Nick Tallent, Hunter Scoons, Valencic, Hayes, Peavyhouse, Josh and Jeremy Moffett, Hickman, and French. Then you have the D-Line with Big Hooper coming back and then I figure Keith will play some at nose. At end I figure Cooley, Burton, Strader, Hickman, Crockett, and maybe Chris Gates.

Special Teams wise Mize will be back to be at kicker. I figure Loden will be the punter.

It will be interesting to see how the guys progress in the weight room in the winter and spring. I think once the starters become a little bit clearer, then it will be more about adding depth than anything.

The coaches arent going anywhere....unfortunately.

super, we could have it a lot worse. At least our coach is a good role model, morally. This was just an off year for us. Next year WILL be better.

I am concerned about our kicker - we need a good one. Mize was young this year but he didn't impress me. I don't know if the kid's got the commitment needed to improve, either. Loden would be a good option to punt. He's a good athlete and a driven one.

I will be very interested to see what we come out with next year. My bet is a whole different season than this year. I see a lot of potential in those names listed but we will miss our seniors. That is an excellent group of young men.

The coaches arent going anywhere....unfortunately.

super, we could have it a lot worse. At least our coach is a good role model, morally. This was just an off year for us. Next year WILL be better.

I am concerned about our kicker - we need a good one. Mize was young this year but he didn't impress me. I don't know if the kid's got the commitment needed to improve, either. Loden would be a good option to punt. He's a good athlete and a driven one.

I will be very interested to see what we come out with next year. My bet is a whole different season than this year. I see a lot of potential in those names listed but we will miss our seniors. That is an excellent group of young men.

:|:|:cry::|

No, dragon. At least I sure hope not. And Andy Kelly isn't coming back here to coach - at Rhea County - so let's put that fire out while we're at it, too. He's not stupid enough to get mixed up in the politics that go with the coaching position.

And Eaglepride - I didn't mean that to be funny. I was being serious. I happen to like Coach Fitzgerald.

Well, we've been out of it for a few weeks now. I expect the random RC fans who don't post regularly have stopped reading.

We all know the rumor mill starts with our coaches leaving every year. As expected, I have already heard one. What coaching positions are open across the state that could potentially start the rumor that our coaches are leaving?

Also, let's make this the off season thread with talk about next year and what everyone thinks will happen. Will we have another down 2-8 year, or will we reverse to an 8-2 and move into the playoffs?

Have at it guys. Stay on topic...

I don't think it will be like this year. We could go 6-4 or 7-3. Alot of work still to be done to reach this though. Curious to see how some of the players work during the off season.

No, dragon. At least I sure hope not. And Andy Kelly isn't coming back here to coach - at Rhea County - so let's put that fire out while we're at it, too. He's not stupid enough to get mixed up in the politics that go with the coaching position.

And Eaglepride - I didn't mean that to be funny. I was being serious. I happen to like Coach Fitzgerald.

eaglefan has spoken....

if Fitz really cared about the program he would want Andy's help.

eaglefan has spoken....

if Fitz really cared about the program he would want Andy's help.

Now I don't know about currently, but I do believe I remember Fitz asked Andy to come out and help in the past. However, Andy was still involved in the AFL and couldn't come out and help then.

Also work-outs could offically start back today.