Rockwood @ Boyd-Buchanan

BnL

Go Bucs!!

Here we go again.....is there a smiley for a yawn??........(place team name here) is to big for Rockwood....(place team name here) is to fast for Rockwood.....(place team name here) defense will shut Rockwood out.....we've heard it for weeks .......now a Boyd fan questions our schedule that's rated 19 spots AHEAD (caps for emphasis) of Boyd's......gotta admit that's new.....get ready to toss the coin and line up....the scoreboard will talk in the end.........GO TIGERS!!!!

One more time: I respect ANYBODY who gets this far in the playoffs. Y'all must be doing something right. Didn't say our schedule was tougher, just that yours wasn't so tough. We play in a pretty weak region, so I know that a lot of your schedule is out of your control.

How have you faired against ranked opponents in higher classifications? Not being a wise-cracker, I just wanna give you a chance to brag on your team.

I'm trying to figure out that if Boyd is favored, why? If RW is an underdog, why? I know Boyd's strengths and weaknesses (been to every game this year and have only missed 5 games since '97.) I've got a lot of confidence in the Bucs for the reasons listed by others. Even if we lose this one, I'm still incredibly happy for this team because of their work ethic and sportsmanship.

What does Rockwood bring? Flash? Discipline? Power? How are special teams?

37421:

You the only one so far that seems to have any respect for what the tigers will bring. Rockwood will bring a unified team that just plays hard nosed football for 4 quarters. There is no flash, there is a lot of discipline and power though.........Special teams have been very special at times, and not so special at other times.

Many claim that the tigers cannot throw the football.....quite frankly.....didn't have to at hampton(3 RB with 100 or more yds).......they have thrown the ball very well at times, have a very capable QB, and plenty of receivers on the other end.........yes, they are a running team.......but are not one dimensional by no means

Just looking forward to another week of play-off football......Turkey on Thurs, football on Friday. Can't beat that.

PS....a ride to Chattanooga will seem like a dream compared to the trek we made last week.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Week FOURRRRRRRRRRRRRTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN! There is no doubt that we got respect for Boyd, just as we had respect for Oneida, and Hampton. To say we are just coming to lay down...That ain't happening! We are not intimidated. We have played in one of the toughest regions in the state for the past 7 years. Alcoa has been one of the top teams in the state. Loudon is a great team, and CAK is also a great team. To say that we are the same team we were against Tellico Plains, Grace or even Bledsoe Co. is a lie. We are playing the best football we have played all year long. 100 yards by three different backs. The funny thing is we have another back just waiting to blow up. We continue to get better each week. Our rag-tag line has got a ton of heart and determination. Our team is the superstar, not individuals. We can throw the ball if we need to, and our quarterback has a cannon for an arm. We would much rather smashmouth, our lineman would much rather smashmouth. Our defense has given up 135 points in 13 games. Our offense averages 25 points a game. We play good fundamental football and we win as a TEAM. Boyd is a tough challenge, but we are preparing to do what we do...Be physical, Protect the Football, and Play as a Team!

Let me clarify something too. Our rag-tag line is the biggest reason why our backs are able to run the football. #25 gave some love to them in the Roane County News. Everyone on our team knows that as our line has gotten better together, our team has gotten better together. We are playing well because we are playing as one.

Hooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Week FOURRRRRRRRRRRRRTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN! There is no doubt that we got respect for Boyd, just as we had respect for Oneida, and Hampton. To say we are just coming to lay down...That ain't happening! We are not intimidated. We have played in one of the toughest regions in the state for the past 7 years. Alcoa has been one of the top teams in the state. Loudon is a great team, and CAK is also a great team. To say that we are the same team we were against Tellico Plains, Grace or even Bledsoe Co. is a lie. We are playing the best football we have played all year long. 100 yards by three different backs. The funny thing is we have another back just waiting to blow up. We continue to get better each week. Our rag-tag line has got a ton of heart and determination. Our team is the superstar, not individuals. We can throw the ball if we need to, and our quarterback has a cannon for an arm. We would much rather smashmouth, our lineman would much rather smashmouth. Our defense has given up 135 points in 13 games. Our offense averages 25 points a game. We play good fundamental football and we win as a TEAM. Boyd is a tough challenge, but we are preparing to do what we do...Be physical, Protect the Football, and Play as a Team!

I mean those are pretty good stats, but Boyd is averaging 37 points a game and only allowing an average of 7. Thats pretty stout. Boyd's D has allowed 80 points all year.

Reaction,

I emailed Butchie this morning and told him to pass along to you my contact information. I can't put my email addresses, or phone # on here. If he doesn't, I'll get your info. from him this weekend. Talk to you soon.

OK thanks man. Ya I just shot him an Email. Hopefully I will get your info from him, or I will ask him for it.