Maryville and Riverdale Battle of the "BIG BOYS"

matback

Trully have no horse in the race, went to the Maryville Farrgt game 1 and game 2, what you have with Maryville is a team that just keeps on with the formula that works reading the various post about them stepping up to the big boys seems to be somewhat comical I guess the 5A ranks of years past feel a team that has won multpile state Championships, 74 games in a row and not sure but someone said Friday night had not lost a home game since 2001 is not a big boy, seems maybe the speculation of them being beneath the big boys ranks was a wish rather than a fact. Maryville plays allot of soph that are very talented, maybe the big biys will have something to look forward to, knocking off the small guy that sets attop the 6A rankings. Riverdale may very well win the game I'm just glad that a game like this is close enough to attend.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Longtime poster, however Riverdale's playoff games against Blackman and Oakland are the only high school games I've attended this year (Hendersonville game on TV) so honestly my opinion may not count for much.

However, from looking over MHS82's Maryville assessment from earlier, it does sound like Riverdale has much bigger lines and hopefully can control that line of scrimmage and get to the quarterback. Also looking at the QB stats and reading about the receivers and passing attack, I hope Riverdale is prepared for that as they probably haven't faced a passing threat that serious in their whole careers. I'm hoping they can blow that line up and put some pressure on Juhlin, help make the secondary's job a little easier.

If our defense can handle that, I'm confident our offense can put up enough points to win. However, anything said on these boards is speculation...these teams are not familiar with each other, so truly anything can happen.

Wish this game was in the Boro (no home losses for Maryville since 2001? Heck of a home field advantage), I can't see myself making it out there even though people around here and on these boards have dreamed about this matchup for many many years. Will have a close ear to the radio, though.

Also, THIS IS NOT A SHOT AT MARYVILLE OR EAST TN FOLK, but I couldn't post here without this going unmentioned. I'm a huge Vols fan and more passionate than ever since the Kiffin era began, but this video from the victims of the UT football attempted armed robbery has given me many :flower::flower: << of those lately.

"WE AINT GOT NOTHIN BUT A CHEESEBURGER!" :flower: Quote Of The Century! Makes me crack up everytime!

The most impressive thing to see in Blount County though is STARSNBARS and his garbage truck NellieBelle. :flower::flower:

I saw that trash heap in the 37701 at the Big Lots last night....I need to remind the Distinguished Gentleman from Maryville (that's you STARS) that November is a "no contact period" for recruiting in the county. I have warned you once about leaving that thing unattended in the 'Hood, the next time you will find it on cinder blocks. :lol:

Look APB jist becaws we shop at tha Big Lots...Don't maik fun.....Beesides mommaSTARS thanks tha "Big" and "Lots" iz naimed aftur her....She iz "Big" and eats "Lots".....And eye didunt haiv my stop watch wif me.. so eye wuz bein' good durin' tha non contack purryud!!!!!...... :flower:

STARSNBARS Eatin' Places fer tha Riverdail folk.....

Best Hi Dollur place.....Foothills Millin Kumpney, Sullivuns

Best Ragular place.....Aubrees, Rooby Tuesdee, Chillys, TGEye Fridees

Best Homestile....Dubbs (momma's fav), Gracee's, 411 Resturunt, Crack Her Barrull, ShowKnees

Best Eyetaliun....Place next two Lost Ameegoes

Best Mexicun....Lost Ameegoes, El Jimmydoors, Ponchoes

Best Burgurr....Tea Cee's Grill, Five Gueyes, Hot Rods

Best BBQ....Bread Ov Heaven, Old fillun stashun on Worshingtun

Sammich places....Subs and Such, Farrhouse Subs, QuizNose, Fried Balonee at Dubbs...... :flower:

Frankie and Jason are going to be mad. It seems you would mention them first since you write the ads and make the signs.

Eat-more-Chicken.jpg

Red Rebulls goodur point......Frankie iz a good 'un....

Best Chickin sammiches......Chic-Fil-Lay, Zack's Bees, Dubbs Chickin fried stake sammich....(weight a minutt that mite bee stake :flower: )

Also fergot tha Pete Sir......OoooNose, BellerRoama, Gondyleer, Pete Sir Hut...... :flower:

Aubreys sounds good what about it LIMBAUGH? I think i shall hit that unless someone comes up with another place we have puelos and rubys i like going to places we dont have I LOVE A ROAD TRIP espcially the friday after thanksgiving...

Don't know if you enjoy the "adult type beverages" or not, but Aubrey's has the best selection of brew on tap and in the bottle. It's a beer lovers heaven.....

Aubreys sounds good what about it LIMBAUGH? I think i shall hit that unless someone comes up with another place we have puelos and rubys i like going to places we dont have I LOVE A ROAD TRIP espcially the friday after thanksgiving...

Don't know if you enjoy the "adult type beverages" or not, but Aubrey's has the best selection of brew on tap and in the bottle. It's a beer lovers heaven.....

not a beer drinker

You have to look at the big picture here. Riverdale game up 137 points all year long and Maryville gave up 178 points. Thats one figure..but when you look at the amount of points there oposition scored in their other games, The teams Riverdale played outscored the teams Maryville played by 312 points. When you look at that stat, it tells you that the level of team that Riverdale played was by far higher than the teams Maryville played. Defense will be the key to this game and Maryville hasn't seen anything like this defense all year. I do see another semi close game...Riverdale 21 Maryville 7.

not a beer drinker

Me neethur riverdailman......Butt tha got good sweet tea thair eye hear.... :thumb:

You have to look at the big picture here. Riverdale game up 137 points all year long and Maryville gave up 178 points. Thats one figure..but when you look at the amount of points there oposition scored in their other games, The teams Riverdale played outscored the teams Maryville played by 312 points. When you look at that stat, it tells you that the level of team that Riverdale played was by far higher than the teams Maryville played. Defense will be the key to this game and Maryville hasn't seen anything like this defense all year. I do see another semi close game...Riverdale 21 Maryville 7.

Well warrior82 dad that meens two much cyferrin' fer my feebull brane..... :o......Cents Riverdail iz biggur upfrunt than Ewe Tee and most SEC skools........Eye jist hope we can keep hit that close...... :thumb:

Today's local paper stories from the Boro - what does the Maryville paper have to say today?

http://www.dnj.com/article/20091123/SPORTS08/911230324/1006/SPORTS/Riverdale+s+Aydelott++Maryville+s+Quarles+familiar+foes Riverdale's Aydelott, Maryville's Quarles familiar foes

http://www.dnj.com/article/20091123/SPORTS08/911230325/1006/SPORTS/Kreager++Warriors+show+football+here+is+still+the+best Kreager: Warriors show football here is still the best

Today's local paper stories from the Boro - what does the Maryville paper have to say today?

http://www.dnj.com/article/20091123/SPORTS08/911230324/1006/SPORTS/Riverdale+s+Aydelott++Maryville+s+Quarles+familiar+foes Riverdale's Aydelott, Maryville's Quarles familiar foes

http://www.dnj.com/article/20091123/SPORTS08/911230325/1006/SPORTS/Kreager++Warriors+show+football+here+is+still+the+best Kreager: Warriors show football here is still the best

Dave....Thanks fer tha lanks......Mairvul and Alcouh will bee lucky two git one story each frum tha Mairvul Misprint.....Maybee on Thursdee orr Fridee...... :thumb: