Franklin going for 2 pts to win in OT agree or disagree

sarahpalin

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personnaly I would go with my gut and pump up the team and see if they can execute. Win or lose you live with the decision and either look like a genious if it works or second guessed by arm chairs for the next 9 months till the next season starts.

What I don't like is Clayton putting this on Donnie Webb. As the head coach YOU make the call and take full responsibility for it. Reading the article sounds like he is deflecting the responsibility.

Should have said " We decided to go for the win, fell short - I stand by MY decision, felt like it gave us the best opportunity to win it right there".

As much as I support Franklin Athletics - I would like to see Coach Webb take the helm at another local Wilco school and build another strong program, not work under a coach that looks to thow you under the bus.

Personnaly I would go with my gut and pump up the team and see if they can execute. Win or lose you live with the decision and either look like a genious if it works or second guessed by arm chairs for the next 9 months till the next season starts.

What I don't like is Clayton putting this on Donnie Webb. As the head coach YOU make the call and take full responsibility for it. Reading the article sounds like he is deflecting the responsibility.

Should have said " We decided to go for the win, fell short - I stand by MY decision, felt like it gave us the best opportunity to win it right there".

As much as I support Franklin Athletics - I would like to see Coach Webb take the helm at another local Wilco school and build another strong program, not work under a coach that looks to thow you under the bus.

I agree Webb should take over the helm ,but not at another school. This comment has nothing to do with the call lastnight.

I would have kicked it and played another overtime. Those boys played so hard out there. Why did Webb say they couldn't stop them? They had held them to 7 points for four quarters and then he is just going to not give them a chance to stop them in another overtime? Great game boys. I hate that it came down to one call :bored:

That 7 points was next very reflective of how Franklin was unable to stop the run last night.

Fairy bertier or Gary, why don't you look what I first stated on my post. That Clayton knows his team the best a and I respected his choice to go for 2 and the win..... I then went on to say that if I was the coach I would have went for the PAT (and at this point on this topic it appears most agree with me, that you play it safe)

Were you at the game....

Old , nope not at all - keep being jealous and wanna meet for coffee

Here we go again....Screw the coffee it would be a waste spendin money on the likes of your old has been butt....

I have a proposition...how bout meetin at KNOCK OUT on 8th ave....How are you at boxing big boy??

Put up or shut up......

Good Game to both teams........Congrats Brentwood.....

Fairy bertier or Gary, why don't you look what I first stated on my post. That Clayton knows his team the best a and I respected his choice to go for 2 and the win..... I then went on to say that if I was the coach I would have went for the PAT (and at this point on this topic it appears most agree with me, that you play it safe)

Were you at the game....

Here we go again....Screw the coffee it would be a waste spendin money on the likes of your old has been butt....

I have a proposition...how bout meetin at KNOCK OUT on 8th ave....How are you at boxing big boy??

Put up or shut up......

bring it on lil boy just make sure you have some health care coverage. . . might wanna due some research lil man on what your getting into........ also due your research on NORTHWESTERN fotball page will take my boy to help scoop you up and say hello to your mom for me as well

I agree Webb should take over the helm ,but not at another school. This comment has nothing to do with the call lastnight.

how bout a trade INDY will give you Eubanks and thier D CORD Kevin Dyson in exchange for Webb....

I'll say it a little LOUDER this time Donnie Webb needs to be the head coach at Franklin. :idea:

Becareful what you wish for. We had him once and he made our program everyone's homecoming game :idea:

Still wishing . There is a good staff in place they just need a head coach instead of a egotisyical maniac.

Were you at the game....

Put up or shut up......

bring it on lil boy just make sure you have some health care coverage. . . might wanna due some research lil man on what your getting into........ also due your research on NORTHWESTERN fotball page will take my boy to help scoop you up and say hello to your mom for me as well

:flower:

I'll say it a little LOUDER this time Donnie Webb needs to be the head coach at Franklin. :roflol:

Becareful what you wish for. We had him once and he made our program everyone's homecoming game :roflol:

Still wishing . There is a good staff in place they just need a head coach instead of a egotisyical maniac.

no other comments on this subject??????