Maryville vs. White Station 6A State Championship

Red Rebels

Why does everyone say something about Maryville moving up to 6A? They ought to have been in the highest class for the past 4 years but didnt. They get players to move in there zone and get away with it. I just wish we were smart enough to do it but we aint.

Oh geez, is this an "open zone" debate? To my Blount Co. comrades please do not let this troll pull you into this-you guys deserved all of your past success regardless of what class you competed in. I mean c'mon you guys were in the 6A title game, where were all of the other so called big boys Saturday night? Oh that's right-watching Maryville and White Station play :hungry:

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now that the season is over.....I hope Julian Burton is a senior and I hope he plays his college ball for UT....the Vols could sure use his speed!! Congrats to the Spartans on a great year. Congrats to the Rebels on a great year!....you guys sure made us proud to be Rebel fans! :wacko:

Pappy:

Julian Burton is a senior and I must say as a Whitehaven fan ... Boy am I glad! ... :hungry: He has been a thorn in our side since he has been a sophomore!

Believe it or not Julian hasn't been offered a scolly. Not from UT, not from U of M, not from anybody. I may be wrong ... but that's the latest that I have heard. The same for the QB ... no offers. Spartansfan or anybody else in the know correct me if I am wrong.

The U of M fired Tommy West and hired a new guy who was an assistant coach @ LSU recently. He has won the "best recruiter award" for 2 years running or two years in a row or something like that. One of his commitments is to recruit the Memphis talent and keep it home. We will see. I have heard that they are putting a full court press on the QB @ MUS to change his commitment from WV to the U of M. I hope they go after #11 & #4 as well.

To my limited knowledge, neither Burton or Hayes have any kind of commitment or concrete offer. I do think there's some irons in the fire. And like others, I'm hopeful the "new" Uof M will come knocking!

Why does everyone say something about Maryville moving up to 6A? They ought to have been in the highest class for the past 4 years but didnt. They get players to move in there zone and get away with it. I just wish we were smart enough to do it but we aint.

Oh geez, is this an "open zone" debate? To my Blount Co. comrades please do not let this troll pull you into this-you guys deserved all of your past success regardless of what class you competed in. I mean c'mon you guys were in the 6A title game, where were all of the other so called big boys Saturday night? Oh that's right-watching Maryville and White Station play :hungry:

Hits ok alcoafan72....dd must live inn Russian Skool District ov Hauls...Whur hits agin tha law two moove...And he iz rite abowt tha "smart" enuff part....Ov course Hauls will haiv two find anothur excuse fer knot makin' tha playoffs now, cents thay don't play Mairvul ennymoore.... :wacko:

First off, let me say congrats to WS on a great win. Your QB and RB are absolute studs. I wish them well in their future career. They showed that they are two classy players. Now, having said that.........I have absolutely ZERO respect for your team! I witnessed one of (if not the most) disrespectful, un-classy actions that I have ever seen in a high school football game. Not sure what this kids number was, but it was one of your offensive lineman. I watched him run over and stand over an injured Maryville player, run his jaw at him, and clap in his face. I have never seen anything like this before (but I guess being a Maryville fan I am blessed with a classy program), and I hope to never see anything of its like again. By the time I got home Sunday morning I had decided to not say anything about this. But, when I got on here tis morning and read some of VolunteerCoach's posts, it lit my fire again. Thanks VC for stating that "we suck". We (and I think I speak for all MHS fans) are extremely proud of our boys. This team was not supposed to make it to this game. They exceeded all of our expectations. You continue to spew your ignorance tho. You must be a great father. I hope you teach your kids to have more respect for themselves and their program than you display.

Hi General E....I read your post and felt compelled to reply. 1st, allow me to apologize for the actions of that lineman. I wasn't at the game, so did not witness the action. However, I have been to many of our practices and all of our games until I had my leg broken in Brentwood, so couldn't make the final. Anyway, I've seen some things that reflect poor taste and bad sportsmanship on occassion. Overall, our players don't fit that description. I hope your judgement towards our players and program would remain at least nuetral in that regard, and understand it was most likely an isolated incident from one person.

We both have very fortunate kids playing ball. Most programs have young men working hard year around to reach this final game. Only 2 teams make it there. There are no losers in this senario....simply one team outscored the other. While I'm very happy WS came out of this ahead, I feel for the young men in Maryville. I hope they are proud of their accomplishments of moving up to 6A and going this far. They never quit, and forced our offense to keep scoring also.

Regarding "volunteercoach"......I find 90% (or more) of what he says to misrepresent the sentiments of everyone I know that supports WS. Quite frankly, I cringe and find myself embarrassed by his posts. The only thing worse than a sore loser, is a sore winner......although I'm not sure he can even be classified as a winner, sore or not. :hungry:

What is wrong with you? Don't apologize for my posts, did you not read on here before the game was played all the smart A comments from pepvol and a few other Maryville fans? Come on, they can dish it out but they sure can't take it. Good grief buddy grow a spine.

First off, let me say congrats to WS on a great win. Your QB and RB are absolute studs. I wish them well in their future career. They showed that they are two classy players. Now, having said that.........I have absolutely ZERO respect for your team! I witnessed one of (if not the most) disrespectful, un-classy actions that I have ever seen in a high school football game. Not sure what this kids number was, but it was one of your offensive lineman. I watched him run over and stand over an injured Maryville player, run his jaw at him, and clap in his face. I have never seen anything like this before (but I guess being a Maryville fan I am blessed with a classy program), and I hope to never see anything of its like again. By the time I got home Sunday morning I had decided to not say anything about this. But, when I got on here tis morning and read some of VolunteerCoach's posts, it lit my fire again. Thanks VC for stating that "we suck". We (and I think I speak for all MHS fans) are extremely proud of our boys. This team was not supposed to make it to this game. They exceeded all of our expectations. You continue to spew your ignorance tho. You must be a great father. I hope you teach your kids to have more respect for themselves and their program than you display.

Regarding "volunteercoach"......I find 90% (or more) of what he says to misrepresent the sentiments of everyone I know that supports WS. Quite frankly, I cringe and find myself embarrassed by his posts. The only thing worse than a sore loser, is a sore winner......although I'm not sure he can even be classified as a winner, sore or not. :hungry:

Spartansfan, you are a true winner my friend......My congratulations to you and the White Station team..........

"A true champion knows how to win and lose with class" - Paul W. Bryant.........

Hi General E....I read your post and felt compelled to reply. 1st, allow me to apologize for the actions of that lineman. I wasn't at the game, so did not witness the action. However, I have been to many of our practices and all of our games until I had my leg broken in Brentwood, so couldn't make the final. Anyway, I've seen some things that reflect poor taste and bad sportsmanship on occassion. Overall, our players don't fit that description. I hope your judgement towards our players and program would remain at least nuetral in that regard, and understand it was most likely an isolated incident from one person.

We both have very fortunate kids playing ball. Most programs have young men working hard year around to reach this final game. Only 2 teams make it there. There are no losers in this senario....simply one team outscored the other. While I'm very happy WS came out of this ahead, I feel for the young men in Maryville. I hope they are proud of their accomplishments of moving up to 6A and going this far. They never quit, and forced our offense to keep scoring also.

What is wrong with you? Don't apologize for my posts, did you not read on here before the game was played all the smart A comments from pepvol and a few other Maryville fans? Come on, they can dish it out but they sure can't take it. Good grief buddy grow a spine.

My spine is healthy, thanks. There's a few players that played the game and settled the outcome of the game. I personally haven't seen any serious trash talking coming from Maryville fans bashing our program. I do feel your responses have been waaaay over the top. I'm not sure what coaching you do, but I'm going to assume you do fine with it since our players played well. But your socail skills could use some coaching IMO. Nothing personal....but we do disagree on how to represent our program on a message board.

Spartansfan --

Thank you very much for responding. You are correct. I do not think that in any way the actions of one of your linemen speak for the team as a whole. I should have stated it that way in my first post. Your two star players (#4 and #11) appear to be very classy in their actions, as I am sure that there are more like them on the team. It may sound cliche, but you know the old saying, one bad apple? And I know that there is one or more in almost all programs. That one single act put a bad taste in my mouth and I apologize for lumping the whole unit into that one action.

As for our kids......in our eyes and hearts, they are true champions. They know how to win and they know how to lose. They took took their silver ball and hoisted it over their heads with pride. Was the trophy they wanted? No. But they were proud of their accomplishments just as we (as fans) are proud too.

I guess that there are posters on here from every area that mis-represent their supposed schools. I just don't see any reason for a person (I assume he is a grown man) to come on a public forum, and tell a bunch of 15-18 year old kids that "they suck". Now, it may have been dircted at Maryville as a whole, or at the fans, but you tell me.......who do think the kids would think that's a shot at?

I give all due credit to White Station in their win. They showed up to play! You have a great program over there. I hope we can meet in Cookeville again.

Spartansfan, you are a true winner my friend......My congratulations to you and the White Station team..........

"A true champion knows how to win and lose with class" - Paul W. Bryant.........

Thanks...I'm a fan of the team. We've been on the losing end a few times, and I know the feeling of disappointment that brings, while still feeling satisfied with being "in the running". These players work way to hard to be put down for losing a game. (as do the coaches and parents, etc) I admire eveyone for the efforts they put into working their butts off to be the best they can be. I enjoy logical and informed discussions as much as the next guy. And just think....if my job put me in Maryville, my son would have probably been playing for the Rebels or Alcoa....so I'd be a strong supporter of that program. We all live in the same small world......

:hungry:

Not that you need a Brentwood fan to come to your defense but I just watched the film of the Brentwood - White Station game last night and this is what I saw: At the end of almost every play, whether they were the bug or the windshield, guys were helping each other up, patting each other on the helmet and getting back and ready to go hard again. Play hard and play with class and that's what I saw. As you stated, probably an isolated incident - bad things happen in the trenches sometimes.

I also saw you get wiped out again - OUCH! Nobody has any idea why it took so long for the ambulance to get there.

Spartansfan --

Thank you very much for responding. You are correct. I do not think that in any way the actions of one of your linemen speak for the team as a whole. I should have stated it that way in my first post. Your two star players (#4 and #11) appear to be very classy in their actions, as I am sure that there are more like them on the team. It may sound cliche, but you know the old saying, one bad apple? And I know that there is one or more in almost all programs. That one single act put a bad taste in my mouth and I apologize for lumping the whole unit into that one action.

As for our kids......in our eyes and hearts, they are true champions. They know how to win and they know how to lose. They took took their silver ball and hoisted it over their heads with pride. Was the trophy they wanted? No. But they were proud of their accomplishments just as we (as fans) are proud too.

I guess that there are posters on here from every area that mis-represent their supposed schools. I just don't see any reason for a person (I assume he is a grown man) to come on a public forum, and tell a bunch of 15-18 year old kids that "they suck". Now, it may have been dircted at Maryville as a whole, or at the fans, but you tell me.......who do think the kids would think that's a shot at?

I give all due credit to White Station in their win. They showed up to play! You have a great program over there. I hope we can meet in Cookeville again.

General E...We're on the same page. I know I tend to see that one bad apple and group everyone together too. I'm sure Maryville is going to be fine, and will be a threat to be in Cookeville next year too. Best of luck to ya!

:hungry:

Not that you need a Brentwood fan to come to your defense but I just watched the film of the Brentwood - White Station game last night and this is what I saw: At the end of almost every play, whether they were the bug or the windshield, guys were helping each other up, patting each other on the helmet and getting back and ready to go hard again. Play hard and play with class and that's what I saw. As you stated, probably an isolated incident - bad things happen in the trenches sometimes.

I also saw you get wiped out again - OUCH! Nobody has any idea why it took so long for the ambulance to get there.

Well, the treatment I got was 1st class! It sure was a painful experience, but Williams County Med Center took care of me. I have a DVD of the incident also....watched it once. I think it'll be something funny to watch later. I felt terrible for holding up the game and also for missing that game. I was getting text messages as the score changed. I hate missing out on a classic game!

Thanks for posting! Best of luck to Brentwood next year....I'm sure you'll be back.