Maryville vs. White Station 6A State Championship

Red Rebels

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville wins the "GOLD BALL"...May not even be close!!!

Maryville 35

Whit Station 7

Maryville not only played with the big boys...they dominated them!!! No way any other team in the state can beat Maryville the way they are playing now! QB is awsome! He audibles, stays calm, and leads his troops!!! Best QB I have seen this year!!!

I will bite my tongue about Maryville! You have by far earned my RESPECT!!!

Maryville 35

Whit Station 7

Maryville not only played with the big boys...they dominated them!!! No way any other team in the state can beat Maryville the way they are playing now! QB is awsome! He audibles, stays calm, and leads his troops!!! Best QB I have seen this year!!!

I argue MUS would beat Maryville and probably beat them pretty good. But, White Station has a pretty dang good QB also, and while MUS's JV team beat us pretty bad this year, don't under estimate White Station. We have 3 pretty good players that will play on Saturday's next year and we only lost 2 games. One was to the #1 team in the State and seriously, there is not a better team in the state than MUS. We played them and they beat us without their QB Barry Brunetti who is the #1 Dual threat QB in the nation and also without their #1 RB Ketih McBride who will sign with a D1 team. There are only a handful of teams in the country that could go down and beat South Panola, MS on their home field. MUS did it this year the first team since 2001 to do so and South Panola is about to win another Mississippi State Championship. MUS is not ranked 9'th in the country for no reason. The public schools just can't match up with the better private's and that is a fact. I am a White Station Alum, and will be there rooting next week, we may surprise a lot of people, I am proud of our boys for making it. Our QB is named Anthony Hayes and #4 Julian Burton is quick as a cat. Good Luck to all of the Maryville fans let's make this a good one.

Maryville 35

Whit Station 7

I would bet you a lot of money MUS would beat Maryville severely. White Station has a pretty dang good QB also, and while MUS's JV team beat us pretty bad this year, don't under estimate White Station. We have 3 pretty good players that will play on Saturday's next year and only lost 2 games and that was two and one was to the #1 team in the State. But seriously, there is not a better team in the state than MUS. We played them and they beat us without their QB and RB pretty bad. There are not a lot of teams in the country that can go down and beat South Panola on their home field. MUS did and South Panola is about to win another Mississippi State Championship. MUS is not ranked 9'th in the country for no reason. The public schools just can't match up with the better private's and that is a fact. Come watch us play next week, we may surprise a lot of people.

Severely beat ... not beat ... severely beat ... wow ! Coach Quarles Is absolutely AWFUL in the " IMAGINARY " Games !! Definitely a Chink in the Armor that he needs to work on ! I Hate losing these games !! :lol:

Congrats on that dominating 23-15 win against 8-4 Father Ryan .... of course Father Ryan's other 3 losses must of been to the Patriots , Colts , and N.O. Saints since they lost by only 8 to the greatest high school team to ever play football !! :lol:

white station beat a very mediocre brentwood team. oakland gave them a good beat down, so i see maryville doing the same. 35-14.

How would the Brentwood team we played last night fair against Brentwood Academy? Who is the better team? Here in Memphis, the private schools rank a little higher than most of the public schools. Our only two losses this year were to Christian Brothers and MUS. Is it the same in Nashville? Would Brentwood, MBA, and Ensworth beat this team we played last night? Just asking.