Beech vs. Columbia 5A State Championship

tandem

Has no one watched Beech play? I guess not, because if that were the case, this topic would be at 2 pages tops, with a mere debate over how many they win by. Beech cruises...

And before you start talking that talk, YES, I am saying Columbia is overmatched and YES, I am saying it will take a great game by the Lions and a terrible game by Beech for the Bucs to lose.

Beech 34

CC 17

no i havnt seen beech play...and chances are you havnt seen columbia play...your talkin big...

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has no one watched Beech play? I guess not, because if that were the case, this topic would be at 2 pages tops, with a mere debate over how many they win by. Beech cruises...

And before you start talking that talk, YES, I am saying Columbia is overmatched and YES, I am saying it will take a great game by the Lions and a terrible game by Beech for the Bucs to lose.

Beech 34

CC 17

I WATCHED BEECH PLAY WHITE HOUSE AND #5 TOOK OVER THE GAME IN THE 4TH QUARTER TO GET BEECH THE WIN. BEECH IS DEEP AT RB , AND THE QB I THINK MANAGES THE GAME WELL. HE DOESNT PASS MUCH BUT DOESNT TURN IT OVER MUCH EITHER FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND. FROM WHAT IVE HEARD AND READ ON HERE I THINK BEECH WILL WIN.

My decision is on the verge of a change. Beech may still win, but I'm beginning to think of the old saying of defense winning championships. I really want Beech to win but for my own satisfaction. It appears that 1 team was supposed to be here and the other has come out of nowhere to get here. That's not to say Beech hasn't earned the privilege of being there (they beat 2 extremely good ball teams) but they came close to losing their last 2 games as well. A couple of breaks for either team and Beech isn't here. They have made their breaks and capitalized on the oppositions misfortune. I'm wondering if they are this years Cinderella team. This should be a real good game Friday night. Low's in the 20's...better be dressed very warm. Good luck to both teams...

Columbia's defense totally took South out of their offensive game. Their D flew to the ball and I think a few South offensive players got intimidated. #30 (to me) was a better linebacker than RB. ...

While Tra'Darius is a great running back, we have other running backs who can average 6 to 7 yards a carry. But we don't have a lot of linebackers who are a threat to knock a RB on any given hit. That is why apparently Notre Dame has expressed an interest in him. I'm sure others are looking at him as well. He pretty well knocked out an AC WR two weeks ago and about knocked out an AC player last week. The kid was slow to get up. He actually acted like he didn't want to get up. I'm sure he had a dizzy trip home that night.

So in keeping with the theory if you have great running backs, why take a chance on getting your All State and District defensive player of the year hurt running the ball when you have others who can do it. Just let Baby Shaq blow up RB's and WR's and let the other great running backs run it.

Tra'Darius will run when they need tough yards though. And he can knock out defenders as a running back as well.

Theoretically, if the backs Beech backs are 220 to 230, they could wear down our Mike Tyson lookalike if they make it past our D line.

Anybody know how big the Beech running backs are?

JUST in ...... hello ex Notre Dame player/alum with friends in the AD department, the above kid you mentioned is not being looked at by NOTRE DAME

From Lewis county.........good luck Columbia. Appears Beech already are getting fit for the rings. You get yours , just make it in Gold!

You have the horses to do it. Seen you in a scrimmage......you boys love to hit.

GOOD LUCK and BRING IT HOME! :wacko:

NO ONE from Beech is taking this game for granted. Columbia is the #1 seed and Beech is the underdog. Columbia is respected by the Bucs and no one is getting a ring fitting. As I stated in an earlier post, most people predicting a Beech win are not from Beech.

In the words of my one-time college roommate (seriously), he has made a lot of money by saying "not so fast my friend!" The guy was correct, I don't think any of us who have made predictions are from Beech, and I can assure you they are more prepped and more humble about this game than any this season. I would doubt any rings have been ordered. I see both of these teams as underdogs because although Columbia is a #1, I cannot forsee anyone as predicting either them or Beech to be in this position. Yes, I have saw Columbia play, not as much as Beech, but Beech has the Lions outmanned and unless the coaching staff flops, Beech takes home another state title.

After you play Beech you will realize what everyone else is saying. You go into the game thinking they look all right, but they aren't anything special. You start playing and the same idea is in your head. Before you know it they've had a few breaks go their way and they are up. They run the ball and control the clock. Once the game is finished you look up and say, dang they didn't do anything real special but they just beat us, how'd that happen? Their running game is impressive, however, their fundamentals are what's most impressive. Columbia better be ready to play one of the best coached teams they have faced all season. (No, I didn't say THE BEST, so don't whine about how much better your team's coaches are!)

After you play Beech you will realize what everyone else is saying. You go into the game thinking they look all right, but they aren't anything special. You start playing and the same idea is in your head. Before you know it they've had a few breaks go their way and they are up. They run the ball and control the clock. Once the game is finished you look up and say, dang they didn't do anything real special but they just beat us, how'd that happen? Their running game is impressive, however, their fundamentals are what's most impressive. Columbia better be ready to play one of the best coached teams they have faced all season. (No, I didn't say THE BEST, so don't whine about how much better your team's coaches are!)

does beech run it more up the middle? or more to the corners? i think we decided they run it 90% of the time, but do they like do go outside or more up the middle?

Beech will run the ball wherever they can. I've seen them pound up the middle and also hit the edges. They run at you with multiple backs from multiple sets. I've seen most of their games this year and I couldn't tell you that they have a strong preference to where they run it. They hurt Mitchell on the edges, but have pounded the middle against the likes of Mt. Juliet, Gallatin and Hendersonville. Neal to Zinchini/Sites have been effective combinations in the passing game as well.