Best pre-game in Tn?

AlcoaPride2010

Oak Ridge with the train crossing,horn and smoke as they come down the hill has to be right there.My favorite pregame is DB's walk,but I could do without the high fives before they walk toward the band and run back to huddle.Farragut and Marryville have a pretty nice entrance onto the field as well.All that and the bands are part of highschool football,but as somebody kind of said,the game it's self is what fires me up

I enjoy watching the "Too hype" by Alcoa, but I do have an observation. I have watched VERY closely over the last three years the activity that goes on before, during, and after the ...too hype... I was happy that something I watched last year and two years ago did not happen this year. I have watched the leaders of this chant walk to the 50 yard yard line, and in my opinion, purposely set their helmet on the other side of the 50 yard line. To me, again ONLY MY OPINION, this is TOTAL lack of respect for the other team (even worse when this was done away from Alcoa). Some will say that was not done intentionally, never happened, or only happened by chance, I will NOT agree----I WATCHED! Again I want to say that I have enjoyed the chant and the opportunity of playing Alcoa.

I enjoy watching the "Too hype" by Alcoa, but I do have an observation. I have watched VERY closely over the last three years the activity that goes on before, during, and after the ...too hype... I was happy that something I watched last year and two years ago did not happen this year. I have watched the leaders of this chant walk to the 50 yard yard line, and in my opinion, purposely set their helmet on the other side of the 50 yard line. To me, again ONLY MY OPINION, this is TOTAL lack of respect for the other team (even worse when this was done away from Alcoa). Some will say that was not done intentionally, never happened, or only happened by chance, I will NOT agree----I WATCHED! Again I want to say that I have enjoyed the chant and the opportunity of playing Alcoa.

If Alcoa actually did that, with intent, I would agree that it would be disrespectful. Haven't missed an Alcoa ballgame in several years, and I have never seen that action. Not disputing your word, I just wonder when that was; would like to know. Usually, several of the coachs are around the 50, they would have stopped this if they had seen this action. If you know anything about Rankin, you know he demands sportsmanship. Also, Warren and Tyson lead the chant this year. Neither would be involved in this type activity.

If Alcoa actually did that, with intent, I would agree that it would be disrespectful. Haven't missed an Alcoa ballgame in several years, and I have never seen that action. Not disputing your word, I just wonder when that was; would like to know. Usually, several of the coachs are around the 50, they would have stopped this if they had seen this action. If you know anything about Rankin, you know he demands sportsmanship. Also, Warren and Tyson lead the chant this year. Neither would be involved in this type activity.

Yes, I do know Coach Rankin, I have spent time talking with him at wrestling matches and shook his hand after completing a perfect 10 and 0 season. The "crossing of the 50" did NOT take place this football season, it happened last year and the year before.