Ryan vs Clarksville

heartbreakkid

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like ryan's got a young team. only three seniors starting? where did everyone go? the younguns looked good last night though hopefully they can step it up this year

I would assume that they add one more senior to the list when Wesley moves back to 171 and Mix starts at 189.

They graduated a fair bit last year so the youth shouldn't come as too huge a surprise.

I bet Wesley will go back to 171 before he has to face Kennedy from Blackman at 189. But watch out for Boykin from Riverdale at 171, sorry Wesley. Good Luck!!!!!

I thought Scotty was going to Blackman. What happened.

Well, oldblaze, I've been trying to think of what your point was in your last post and I'm having no luck. It seems as though your implying that Wesley would be scared to wrestle Kennedy. Kennedy is good, but Wesley is a state champ with a lot of experience, so to say that he would dodge a match is just stupid. Your comment about him needing to watch out for Boykin from Riverdale is pretty irrelevant considering they aren't in the same division and it doesn't appear they will wrestle each other unless at an individual tournament.

Wesley is a good wrestler dont get me wrong. I never said scared, but I see you are not smart enough to know, that he is not even close to the talent that Kennedy is. As for experience yes, Wesley has alot of D2 experience. But everyone knows it's much, easier to win a title in D2. Sorry but in D1 Wesley would not have his first state title yet. With that said the lower weight classes in D2 are very strong, almost as strong as D1. Some individual D2 kids would still win alot of titles in D1, but I can only think of maybe 4 this year.

Well, oldblaze, I've been trying to think of what your point was in your last post and I'm having no luck. It seems as though your implying that Wesley would be scared to wrestle Kennedy. Kennedy is good, but Wesley is a state champ with a lot of experience, so to say that he would dodge a match is just stupid. Your comment about him needing to watch out for Boykin from Riverdale is pretty irrelevant considering they aren't in the same division and it doesn't appear they will wrestle each other unless at an individual tournament.

I find some of this absolutly stupid. Talking about kids on the internet being scared of another wrestler, or not being scrared. This is stupid, these are kids. And need to be respected as such.

As for not wrestling another kid, what wrestler in the state has that choice? Don't the coaches who will wrestle and when? So, if a kid doesn't wrestle someone else, it isn't the kid that made that choice, so calling him scared is horrible. As it wasn't his choice, unless he just happen to not make weight on purpose, and I haven't seen too many of those situations.

I sat here all last year and listed to people call Justin Cash scared, and that he would run. It pissed me off to no end, and I should have said something then. Cash was going to wrestle where his coach saw fit for him. Sometimes coaches move kids, because it's in the team's best interest. Sometimes, it's for the kid's. Sometimes, it's because there is nothing good that can come out of the situation (such as the team has no chance of winning, and the risk of injury isn't worth it), but what ever the case is, called a kid scared (especially on the internet, under an alias) is one of the worst thing you ADULTS can do. Remember, these kids read these boards, and it does effect them.

Here we go again...we do this every year. D2 is better than D1 in the lower weight classes. Actually each year we compare the D2 and D1 state champions usually for a couple of weeks after the season and even with the most jaded of D1 glasses, D2 wins. Last year, D2 champions were better than D1 at 103, 112, 119, 125, 145, 152, 160 and HWT. 8 out of the 14 weight classes. The D2 champions then go on to prove it in college with NCAA championships and NCAA all americans, etc...

I respect the Kennedy's and what they have done for middle TN wrestling. My kids have attended the same local and national tournaments. Michael Kennedy is a great wrestler and hopefully this will be his year to reach the top podium. To say that Wesley is scared or not the same "talent" is just incorrect.

Wesley is a good wrestler dont get me wrong. I never said scared, but I see you are not smart enough to know, that he is not even close to the talent that Kennedy is. As for experience yes, Wesley has alot of D2 experience. But everyone knows it's much, easier to win a title in D2. Sorry but in D1 Wesley would not have his first state title yet. With that said the lower weight classes in D2 are very strong, almost as strong as D1. Some individual D2 kids would still win alot of titles in D1, but I can only think of maybe 4 this year.

Here we go again...we do this every year. D2 is better than D1 in the lower weight classes. Actually each year we compare the D2 and D1 state champions usually for a couple of weeks after the season and even with the most jaded of D1 glasses, D2 wins. Last year, D2 champions were better than D1 at 103, 112, 119, 125, 145, 152, 160 and HWT. 8 out of the 14 weight classes. The D2 champions then go on to prove it in college with NCAA championships and NCAA all americans, etc...

"D2 champions were better than D1 at 103, 112, 119, 125, 145, 152, 160 and HWT."

Is this opinion or fact?

A little of both...D2 champions proving in NCAA Div 1 tournament in last 10 years is fact (Leen, Marable, Cleveland, Simpson...) vs. Keller

Who wins D1 vs D2 champions is head to head, common opponents, summer matchups...national rankings, placement at southeast regions or nationals..any objective criteria you can find and then always there is some opinion if you can't use the above.

"oldblazedad" resurrected this one...I am fine to let it sit quietly until next February.

"D2 champions were better than D1 at 103, 112, 119, 125, 145, 152, 160 and HWT."

Is this opinion or fact?