Ryan vs Clarksville

heartbreakkid

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wesley is scared and has run to 171 lbs. He weighed about 178 when the season started so I guess that makes him scared.

I know Wes. The only people he is scared of is his dad and mom.

Wes, keep running and running to another state championship if you can.

2 x state champ is not enough.

What are you scared of???????????????

deadlift, you are correct, it was very quiet the first 3 matches. Father Ryan knew that was where the Clarksville strength was; however, we were happy to just be down only 9 points after the first 3 matches. We thought we might get pinned at 135 to Coach Jordan's son who is very tough. We lost 7-5 on stalling calls in the 3rd period which were the correct call. We lost at 140 in overtime with a backup and we lost at 145 with a Freshman who is really a 140 lb. wrestler. After this, it was down hill for Clarksville as they went down and down. I did not expect this as Clarksville always has a good team that will compete with anybody. Maybe it was just Father Ryan's night. Most were not expecting the final result.

Hopefully they can turn it around and improve through the season as we all know that Coach Jeff Jordan is an excellent coach.

You were talking about how quiet it was the first 3 matches, did you realize how quiet it was the first 13 JV/Freshman matches or after the 3rd match of the night.

I am sure Coach Jordan will have his troops improved durnig the year.

Best of luck to Clarksville.

Sounds like someone hit a nerve...

I am assuming that freshman 145 (140 if you say so) is actually the young man I know as Kenneth Garrett and not Parker Garrett as reported in the Tennessean.

ghouse,

What nerve did I hit. All that was said was it was quiet for the first 3 matches on one side and then it got really quiet on the other side after the first 3 matches. I even talked highly of the Clarksville Coach. What does 55 - 9 mean?

Where was the nerve? After the first 3 matches or the ride home?

deadlift, you are correct, it was very quiet the first 3 matches. Father Ryan knew that was where the Clarksville strength was; however, we were happy to just be down only 9 points after the first 3 matches. We thought we might get pinned at 135 to Coach Jordan's son who is very tough. We lost 7-5 on stalling calls in the 3rd period which were the correct call. We lost at 140 in overtime with a backup and we lost at 145 with a Freshman who is really a 140 lb. wrestler. After this, it was down hill for Clarksville as they went down and down. I did not expect this as Clarksville always has a good team that will compete with anybody. Maybe it was just Father Ryan's night. Most were not expecting the final result.

Hopefully they can turn it around and improve through the season as we all know that Coach Jeff Jordan is an excellent coach.

You were talking about how quiet it was the first 3 matches, did you realize how quiet it was the first 13 JV/Freshman matches or after the 3rd match of the night.

I am sure Coach Jordan will have his troops improved durnig the year.

Best of luck to Clarksville.

Sounds like someone hit a nerve...

I am assuming that freshman 145 (140 if you say so) is actually the young man I know as Kenneth Garrett and not Parker Garrett as reported in the Tennessean.

ghouse,

What nerve did I hit. All that was said was it was quiet for the first 3 matches on one side and then it got really quiet on the other side after the first 3 matches. I even talked highly of the Clarksville Coach. What does 55 - 9 mean?

Where was the nerve? After the first 3 matches or the ride home?

I was actually referring to someone hitting a nerve with you on the quiet comment (hence your long reply). I can see that the same nerve is still exposed.

ghouse,

No nerve struck until you reply. You seem to think you are the authority on wrestling and everything else. I can only wish I was like you and know what everybody is feeling and know about everything in wrestling. You see, I am jealous and envious of you! Can you hear the sarcasism??? I think you struck a nerve!

Faceinthecrowd,

You should be jealous and envious of ghouse. Apparently you don't know much of anything about wrestling in TN. If you did, then you would know that ghouse is one of the great guys in our state. He is on the TWF Board, devotes hundreds if not a thousand hours every year working with our kids as a coach, role model and organizer of our TN teams that compete nationally. That's not to mention the time spent with the DII Matman wrestling poll that he puts out each week of the high school season. Knowing him personally, he's also brilliant...his ACT score lapped mine a couple of times..lol. We all know who ghouse is...he not just a "face in the crowd", but someone that is out in front doing a tremendous amount for our kids and this sport. So calm down, give him his due respect and you, like the rest of us, can learn alot from him.