Ryan vs Clarksville

heartbreakkid

ghouse,

No nerve struck until you reply. You seem to think you are the authority on wrestling and everything else. I can only wish I was like you and know what everybody is feeling and know about everything in wrestling. You see, I am jealous and envious of you! Can you hear the sarcasism??? I think you struck a nerve!

facenthecrowd,

LOL someone needs to learn how to relax a little. It must be tough walking around with all of your nerve endings exposed like that.

On the original issue, I doubt most felt that Father Ryan needed any details / excuses (back-up, freshman up a weight) about the three matches they lost against Clarksville (oops there I go again assuming I know how other people feel, darn empathy). On that day Clarksville was better at those three weights, end of story. Things may be different now, in two weeks, or in two months, but a few nights ago Clarksville won those three weights... let them have those wins without any qualification. If someone (deadlift) didn't strike a nerve with their comment about how quiet it was during the first three matches I doubt you would have felt a need to respond. If you don't want to admit or realize that it doesn't hurt me. I will be sure to make a special mental note that you don't take any good natured ribbing well...

Now as for me, certainly don't be jealous or envious of me! I am not special and don't know everything. I also claim no authority on wrestling or anything else. What makes me a little different than most is that I probably work a little harder (a trait I partially attribute to my wrestling days and try to pass on to kids now) than some. It is that work that keeps me knowing just a smidgin more than the average observer, but at the core I am no different than any other face in the stands.

I work very hard for this sport because I love it and more than that, I love the people involved in this sport. I have made more friends across the nation through wrestling than I ever would have imagined. Some of the best people I know are involved in wrestling.

All that said you can dislike me all you like. I don't do the things I do for the approval of people like you. I do it because I enjoy it and I love giving something back to the wrestling community and the kids. If you don't like that or how I go about it, that is your right. However, rather than whining on here to the public why don't you just drop me a line personally or come and see me at the next event we both attend. My contact information is posted around here and the TWF site many times and I am sure many of the Father Ryan faithful would be glad to introduce you to me.

BTW, still looking for an answer from the wrestling collective on whether the wrestler listed in the Tennessean as Parker Garrett was in fact the wrestler I know as Kenneth Garrett. Thanks!

smwwrest, you sell yourself too short but thank you. Your words are far too kind.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.....I really do not feel like looking up the merriam-webster definition of garbage for you, since you are a D-I fan i feel like my tax dollars have come to waste paying for your "great" education at my expense so I will let you look it up. But no my definition of garbage is the D-I fans who have the guts to call out a kid on this forum.

ghouse,

No nerve struck until you reply. You seem to think you are the authority on wrestling and everything else. I can only wish I was like you and know what everybody is feeling and know about everything in wrestling. You see, I am jealous and envious of you! Can you hear the sarcasism??? I think you struck a nerve!

facenthecrowd,

LOL someone needs to learn how to relax a little. It must be tough walking around with all of your nerve endings exposed like that.

On the original issue, I doubt most felt that Father Ryan needed any details / excuses (back-up, freshman up a weight) about the three matches they lost against Clarksville (oops there I go again assuming I know how other people feel, darn empathy). On that day Clarksville was better at those three weights, end of story. Things may be different now, in two weeks, or in two months, but a few nights ago Clarksville won those three weights... let them have those wins without any qualification. If someone (deadlift) didn't strike a nerve with their comment about how quiet it was during the first three matches I doubt you would have felt a need to respond. If you don't want to admit or realize that it doesn't hurt me. I will be sure to make a special mental note that you don't take any good natured ribbing well...

Now as for me, certainly don't be jealous or envious of me! I am not special and don't know everything. I also claim no authority on wrestling or anything else. What makes me a little different than most is that I probably work a little harder (a trait I partially attribute to my wrestling days and try to pass on to kids now) than some. It is that work that keeps me knowing just a smidgin more than the average observer, but at the core I am no different than any other face in the stands.

I work very hard for this sport because I love it and more than that, I love the people involved in this sport. I have made more friends across the nation through wrestling than I ever would have imagined. Some of the best people I know are involved in wrestling.

All that said you can dislike me all you like. I don't do the things I do for the approval of people like you. I do it because I enjoy it and I love giving something back to the wrestling community and the kids. If you don't like that or how I go about it, that is your right. However, rather than whining on here to the public why don't you just drop me a line personally or come and see me at the next event we both attend. My contact information is posted around here and the TWF site many times and I am sure many of the Father Ryan faithful would be glad to introduce you to me.

BTW, still looking for an answer from the wrestling collective on whether the wrestler listed in the Tennessean as Parker Garrett was in fact the wrestler I know as Kenneth Garrett. Thanks!

smwwrest, you sell yourself too short but thank you. Your words are far too kind.

yes kenneth garrett wrestled 145 against clarksville, but the tennessean listed him as parker garrett for some reason

Well.....I really do not feel like looking up the merriam-webster definition of garbage for you, since you are a D-I fan i feel like my tax dollars have come to waste paying for your "great" education at my expense so I will let you look it up. But no my definition of garbage is the D-I fans who have the guts to call out a kid on this forum.

Hockey what kind of taxes you paying?? Good seeing you this weekend, and keep up the good work, but.......... play nice.

bcb iii :popcorneater:

Let me get this straight, In-Hoc. A single person makes comments that you don't like or agree with. Rather than logically reason with this person, you choose to insult the thousands of DI Wrestling fans in our state with your arrogant, narrow-minded remark regarding "your tax dollars" and how they fund the sub-par students, administrators and educators of public education. (yes, that's exactly what you were insinuating). Does it really surprise anyone that old wounds between public and private won't heal? Yours is just another example of the poor stereotyping that occurs on both sides.

smwrest,

Calm down, you are not impressing anybody. You can defend ghouse, and that is fine, but to state I don't know anything about wrestling in TN is plan nonsense if not funny. You would be amazed at how much I know about wrestling in this state, the wrestlers as well as the coaches. As for the ACT score, that was an appropriate comment for this board, it really has a lot to do with wrestling.

ghouse, trying not to make this post long because you feel it would show my nerve endings were showing. How long was your post? Nerve endings from Memphis are being felt across the state. I was not making excuses for the losses, they were losses, just explained the 3 losses. If you would like, I could explain the 11 victories. I have not whined a bit on this post, however, I guess I really struck a nerve with you. Sorry you feel this way as you should not take it so personal.

I also do not have a dislike for you. See, nerve endings never exposed. So don't assume something that is not real. I bet it would make you feel better. Look forward to seeing you around at the Ryan tournament.

smwrest,

Calm down, you are not impressing anybody. You can defend ghouse, and that is fine, but to state I don't know anything about wrestling in TN is plan nonsense if not funny. You would be amazed at how much I know about wrestling in this state, the wrestlers as well as the coaches. As for the ACT score, that was an appropriate comment for this board, it really has a lot to do with wrestling.

ghouse, trying not to make this post long because you feel it would show my nerve endings were showing. How long was your post? Nerve endings from Memphis are being felt across the state. I was not making excuses for the losses, they were losses, just explained the 3 losses. If you would like, I could explain the 11 victories. I have not whined a bit on this post, however, I guess I really struck a nerve with you. Sorry you feel this way as you should not take it so personal.

I also do not have a dislike for you. See, nerve endings never exposed. So don't assume something that is not real. I bet it would make you feel better. Look forward to seeing you around at the Ryan tournament.

Let me see if I can help calm this situation a bit.

First, I spoke with ghouse this weekend, and he is not upset either. He was just pulling your chain, and having some fun. All in good humor. Knowing him, he sure didn't mean to offend you on the board. I didn't take your comments as having hit a nerve either, but when reading a post, people take them all kinds of ways. So, sometimes you have to be ready to come back and write more about it. I all too often, leave off enough to completely define my position on something.

Next, as for smwrest, he was just defending ghouse for a couple reasons. One, his respect and appeciation for the efforts ghouse gives the sport, especially on the west side of the state. Everyone should be thankful that the west side is starting to really be a threat to the rest. Competion only makes us better as a whole. Secondly, don't think he was ever not calm, just stating some facts to give you a better feeling for his repect of ghouse, that's all. Take it in that context only. It was not meant to be anything more than that. As for smwrest, his credentials stand for themself. Those that know him can attest for that.

Good luck to Fr. Ryan, and the rest of the state. One day, (very very soon), Tennessee wrestling will be up there with the top states in the country, and it will all due to the efforts of people like this, and those other great coaches around the state.

2blLeg, good post.

"Face in the crowd",

Your post to Ghouse was personal and attacking, a sincere apology would be the right answer. Attacking Ghouse about his knowlege of TN wrestling was wrong, no matter what compliments you give yourself. You made it personal and your comments reflected an ignorance about our state's wrestling. Here's the statement you made "You seem to think you are the authority on wrestling and everything else. I can only wish I was like you and know what everybody is feeling and know about everything in wrestling. You see, I am jealous and envious of you! Can you hear the sarcasism???" Are you really proud of that statement to someone that invests so much time in TN wrestling and with our youth? This reflects poorly on you. You can try to turn it every direction and it comes back the same. My statements had nothing to do with West TN or East TN, trying to impress someone (lol), etc. You attacked someone that many of us respect and appreciate.

smwrest,

Let me see if I can help calm this situation a bit.

First, I spoke with ghouse this weekend, and he is not upset either. He was just pulling your chain, and having some fun. All in good humor. Knowing him, he sure didn't mean to offend you on the board. I didn't take your comments as having hit a nerve either, but when reading a post, people take them all kinds of ways. So, sometimes you have to be ready to come back and write more about it. I all too often, leave off enough to completely define my position on something.

Next, as for smwrest, he was just defending ghouse for a couple reasons. One, his respect and appeciation for the efforts ghouse gives the sport, especially on the west side of the state. Everyone should be thankful that the west side is starting to really be a threat to the rest. Competion only makes us better as a whole. Secondly, don't think he was ever not calm, just stating some facts to give you a better feeling for his repect of ghouse, that's all. Take it in that context only. It was not meant to be anything more than that. As for smwrest, his credentials stand for themself. Those that know him can attest for that.

Good luck to Fr. Ryan, and the rest of the state. One day, (very very soon), Tennessee wrestling will be up there with the top states in the country, and it will all due to the efforts of people like this, and those other great coaches around the state.

smwrest,

Your ignorance really shined in your last post. Have you ever heard of the word sarcasim? If you need to look up the definition, I would direct you to a Webster. As you see, ignorance is in great supply with you. There was no personal attack on ghouse so nothing every came back to me. Seems you might have nerve endings showing! As for compliments I give myself, I saw and heard none. Have you been into the spiked egg nog already?????

Facenthecrowd,

The word is "sarcasm"...not "sarcasim". Your first attempt was even better "sarcasism"..I honestly thought you were just being funny, now I realize that you really can't spell the word, much less use it correctly in a sentence. Maybe your heart was in the right place after all and you really weren't attacking Ghouse. If that's the case, then fine, but I do suggesting sticking to smaller words.

smwrest,

Your ignorance really shined in your last post. Have you ever heard of the word sarcasim? If you need to look up the definition, I would direct you to a Webster. As you see, ignorance is in great supply with you. There was no personal attack on ghouse so nothing every came back to me. Seems you might have nerve endings showing! As for compliments I give myself, I saw and heard none. Have you been into the spiked egg nog already?????

Facenthecrowd,

The word is "sarcasm"...not "sarcasim". Your first attempt was even better "sarcasism"..I honestly thought you were just being funny, now I realize that you really can't spell the word, much less use it correctly in a sentence. Maybe your heart was in the right place after all and you really weren't attacking Ghouse. If that's the case, then fine, but I do suggesting sticking to smaller words.

smwrest,

OMG - OUCH!!!!!!!!