Bands playing during game action...

EarlVolFan

As a former player I liked hearing the band play. I never really noticed if they were playing while the game was going on though. I don't really see anything wrong with it, if your team isn't doing good it sounds like your team isn't good, no need to go blaming the band.

My team doesn't do it and they are playing for their 12th state championship on Friday...How about yours?!

Easy there tender hearted. I was saying anything bad jsut posting my opinion and what are trying to say lol :popcorneater: ...if ya'll are doing good why does it bother you if they play or not. Heck when my team is doing good I love to hear the band and the band is just showing there support just like everyone else.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As with any rule, there is a way around it. The rules say no explosive device, or air horns etc..... but does it say where??

The Train whistle at Smith Co. is OUTSIDE the confines of the stadium. The fireworks are OUTSIDE the confines of the stadium. Every effort is used to insure these are NOT used while the ball is in play.

bands aside, this sounds pretty bush league to me, kinda on the shady side of things. :wacko:

The Cascade game mentioned earlier: EVERY time Boyd got in the red zone Cascades' band would start the "train" cadence very loudly during the QB's snap count. Boyd's coach went postal and screamed at the refs "they can't do that during the snap count" (It cost Boyd a false start the first time then the o line adjusted from there on out.) The ref shook his head "no" and acted like all was normal.

The way I was raised that is dirty pool and poor sportsmanship. Have things changed since those days?

All I know is I liked how Tennessee beat Ohio State the only time they played...

Oh yeah, that was the game OSU coach John Cooper cried about us having "illegal cleats." UT is scheduled to play OSU in a 2 game series in 2018/19.....it will be here before you know it. :wacko:

practicaly unkown d-lineman bill duff stuffs heisman winner eddie george at the goalline, i didn't like him as a titan either, although his wife was pretty tough on survivor. that show was more impressive than his pro career. :lol:

I like how Tennessee forms the "T"....

But you see where that got them this year :wacko:

All I know is I liked how Tennessee beat Ohio State the only time they played...And I like that Ohio State can't beat an SEC team in a bowl....

Sorry, you may not be a Buckeye fan but why would you bring up the band dotting the "I"...Kinda hokie to me but to each their own.... :lol:

Why are we talking about the band anyway ??... :D

Heck no I'm not a Buckeye fan!.....I'll admit though my team is.......go ahead and laugh......the Georgia Bulldogs :D

I like this thread.... This has been a pet peeve of mine for awhile. I hate it when the band is going on and on while there is play on the field. Someone said earlier "its not a concert". And no 90% of the people in attendance of a football game did not come to see the bad. Well, unless they are that much better than the football team, but that is probably just in the movies. Dont get me wrong though, I like the band to play, but most do it at the wrong time...or they play something that doesnt really fire up the kids like the theme from Star Wars or something. The band has their few min of fame each week at half-time. Other than that... let them play on scores, turnovers, time outs, change of possesions. Things like that. Doing it while teams are actually playing and maybe trying to call audibles both offensively and defensively should not be allowed. Im all for a T$$AA rule change on this one.

I like this thread.... This has been a pet peeve of mine for awhile. I hate it when the band is going on and on while there is play on the field. Someone said earlier "its not a concert". And no 90% of the people in attendance of a football game did not come to see the bad. Well, unless they are that much better than the football team, but that is probably just in the movies. Dont get me wrong though, I like the band to play, but most do it at the wrong time...or they play something that doesnt really fire up the kids like the theme from Star Wars or something. The band has their few min of fame each week at half-time. Other than that... let them play on scores, turnovers, time outs, change of possesions. Things like that. Doing it while teams are actually playing and maybe trying to call audibles both offensively and defensively should not be allowed. Im all for a T$$AA rule change on this one.

I have never heard a football coach or player complain about a win or a loss involving the band(except maybe Cal whose band was on the field).Doesn't most teams have a band I know some smaller schools don,t if so seems to me when 2 bands are at a game there is battles between them also, that just plain ole football atmosphere,myself if I think it's too loud I try not to sit too close by.As for TSSAA the less of them the better JMO.