scott smith resigns as topper headcoach

sissygirl

Good!

I will repeat what I said earlier about South's new coach:

My hopes for a South coach this year. Be it Carter or anyone else:

1. Get the kids ready physically, as they have during these prosperous years.

2. Give everybody a fair shake at playing time. (NO preconceived notions or daddy involvement). This itself will boost involvement and attitude.

3. Actually pay attention to what is happening with the Freshman and JV games and practices. Maybe even attend a game or two.

4. Get ready for the big games and have a Plan B if things don't work out. ADJUST to the situation at hand. Predictability kills.

5. Watch the locker rooms.

Roll Rebels and please consider the 2010 Science Hill game the biggest of the year.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news for DB fans if this is true. But I must say that this thread looks alot like the VolNation.com football thread in the days before Dooley was hired. I think there were about 8 coaches that were "Just named head coach of the Vols" "Its Official".

And jhilts......The DB game will be the biggest game of the year for South as always. Same for Science Hill. I just hope this hire holds up. :wub:

Well, let the countdown to kickoff begin. I hope Overbay is retained as the DC. He's a stand up guy and I was fortunate enough to have him as an instructor during my days on the hill.

It will be interesting to see how Science Hill's rising junior QB develops under Carter's tutelage who was already an efficient passer as a sophomore, although he could have gone without that pick towards the end of the DB game.

Just wondering, does PO3 stay on as DC and does Stacy coach the QB's? As we know R.Ferrell has always been selfish about coaching the QB position. Does he get out of coaching football or will Stacy tolerate him wanting to coach the QB's? This should be interesting to see how it plays out with the current SHHS assistant coaches. Shake Up!

I as well heard early this afternoon that it in fact had been as we suspected...a done deal all along. The rest was smoke and mirrors. As well I understood that Haynie does not want to go. That, in my opinion, would be a detriment to Stacy's success. He understands the lines responsibility in the spread better than anyone and did wonders with what he had to work with at South. Yes, we had some very good linemen...just ask the successful RB's but they were not huge. Of course there were a few wonderful exceptions but by and large Haynie had to work miricles. Like I have said before...this offense does not require brawn but instead requires brains. I don't think Ralph or Scott or any one currently at the Hill has Haynie's expertice. QB Fathers...your dream just came true. WR Fathers...your dream just came true. RB Fathers...better get ready to learn a new drill. It's called the cut-back. You don't understand it...you get killed. "I guess we better wait until tommorrow for some double confirmation but when it comes time to play Midland-Lee (DB)...we be ready to go coats."

I as well heard early this afternoon that it in fact had been as we suspected...a done deal all along. The rest was smoke and mirrors. As well I understood that Haynie does not want to go. That, in my opinion, would be a detriment to Stacy's success. He understands the lines responsibility in the spread better than anyone and did wonders with what he had to work with at South. Yes, we had some very good linemen...just ask the successful RB's but they were not huge. Of course there were a few wonderful exceptions but by and large Haynie had to work miricles. Like I have said before...this offense does not require brawn but instead requires brains. I don't think Ralph or Scott or any one currently at the Hill has Haynie's expertice. QB Fathers...your dream just came true. WR Fathers...your dream just came true. RB Fathers...better get ready to learn a new drill. It's called the cut-back. You don't understand it...you get killed. "I guess we better wait until tommorrow for some double confirmation but when it comes time to play Midland-Lee (DB)...we be ready to go coats."

Science Hill better pray for linemen. If what ya said comes to happen, if Science Hill can not produce a good line this year, just another mediocre team.

"Science Hill athletic director Keith Turner said the Hilltoppers will make a decision on their new head football coach on Tuesday morning.

Director of Schools Dr. Richard Bales will inform the school board of his decision Tuesday morning, and then the three finalists — Sullivan South head coach Stacy Carter, Carson-Newman College assistant Mike Turner, and Science Hill assistant Paul Overbay — will be notified of Bales’ decision. Television reports that the decision was made Tuesday were incorrect, according to Turner.

Stacy Carter is believed to be the frontrunner to get the position. "

Ok this makes no sense whatsoever. This just came from the JC Press. So next Tuesday, or this already happened today, or did they mean to put Wednesday morning?