Gordonsville 2010

croz6110

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not reading too much into the scrimmages, just trying to guage everybody.

I know that scrimmages are just scrimmages( time to work out kinks), but alot of times they can be telling.

Right now, I'm not looking too much into our scrimmage with Dekalb, I mentioned that earlier. I'm not looking too much into SC's scrimmage with WC. All I did was ask a question and the SC faithful got their drawers in a bunch.

Like I said earlier, wait until SC has scrimmaged DCA and Cookeville, two teams that will give you what you want in a scrimmage, to get a idea how far SC has progressed. WC and Glencliff was no indication of how much SC has improved, or lost ground.

Edited by scooter

Ah, in about three weeks, Smith County gets to hear more excuses how why Tiger High couldn't end the streak. I love how the Gordonsville faithful always rushes to "put things in perspective" or say “well Smith Co. is bigger therefore we were not expected to win.†Let’s look at some facts:

1. Plenty of smaller schools have beat Smith Co. in the past, (see York), so that holds absolutely no water whatsoever.

2. Gordonsville WILL NOT beat Carthage this year, or next for that matter.

3. Jimmy Maynard will NEVER lose to Tiger High.

4. Last year’s game was just a ploy to give the series just a little drama.

5. Gordonsville will be 0-4 going into their match-up with Monterey.

a. Westmoreland (L)

b. @ Smith Co. (L)

c. Friendship Christian (L)

d. Trousdale Co. (L)

6. If Gordonsville does not win this year, then their window of opportunity is shut for AT LEAST a decade with the talent that the Owls have coming down its pipeline. We could be talking about this record approaching Tennessee-UK territory.

7. That said, I do not hate Gordonville. I will pull for them in its other contests. However, Gordonsville fans are blinded by the certain truth that it cannot beat “Darth Maynard.†Maybe Gordonsville will end the series in a few years, and Smith Co. can start an annual series with Rankin and the F-5’s….

Ah, in about three weeks, Smith County gets to hear more excuses how why Tiger High couldn't end the streak. I love how the Gordonsville faithful always rushes to "put things in perspective" or say “well Smith Co. is bigger therefore we were not expected to win.†Let’s look at some facts:

1. Plenty of smaller schools have beat Smith Co. in the past, (see York), so that holds absolutely no water whatsoever.

a. Westmoreland (L)

b. @ Smith Co. (L)

d. Trousdale Co. (L)

6. If Gordonsville does not win this year, then their window of opportunity is shut for AT LEAST a decade with the talent that the Owls have coming down its pipeline. We could be talking about this record approaching Tennessee-UK territory.

7. That said, I do not hate Gordonville. I will pull for them in its other contests. However, Gordonsville fans are blinded by the certain truth that it cannot beat “Darth Maynard.†Maybe Gordonsville will end the series in a few years, and Smith Co. can start an annual series with Rankin and the F-5’s….

This is too funny! <_< Darth Maynard....Is that what we're calling him now? Why are yall even talking about this streak? Eleven in a row is nothing. Don't worry about approaching UT-UK...that would be us going for #22 this year (but who's really counting). The last sentence really takes the cake! :roflolk: Start a series with them and you can start a new streak. I'm predicting Gordonsville will be 3-0 when we visit the Tigers this year.

Wow... that's all I can... on both sides... The past or the future has nothing to do with this season... I'm a Tiger no doubt but trying to put each other down seriously... Alot of these kids are friends except one Friday every August... brag about when you won or when you played, not now... don't get me wrong this is ONE of the biggest rivalries in the state no doubt, there is alot of hatred between schools much less towns.... I am fortunate that I can say we beat the Owls 3 out 4 years when I played, not many Tigers can say that... I hate losing more than anything but this game is a rivalry embrace it, not put each other down cause of who said this and who said that... it's people like you that is ruining it for everyone else... if half of you people even knew how well we have it you would appreciate it alot more... let these kids play cause there the ones who decide bragging rights for a year, not a bunch of has beens... good luck to both teams... GO BIG BLUE

I'm not putting anybody down Wolverine. One of the good things about this series is the friendly banter that gville and ctown do every year. Heck, I hope the tigers do win state, (go 13-1 of course ;) but i'm not here to put anybody down. Some of the best people in Smith Co. are tiger fans.

a. Westmoreland (L)

b. @ Smith Co. (L)

d. Trousdale Co. (L)

You won't never hear me say that because Carthage is bigger that they're supposed to win.

Gordonsville beats bigger schools regularly,and like Wolverine18, I was 3-1 against them, so that's not an excuse.

To be honest, I don't think Maynord is the reason either.

This series has always had long stretches of wins for SC. Why is that?

Sure, bigger school for one thing.

Difference in families? (bloodlines)?

Difference in culture?

Difference in commitment to football?

What is the reasons behind the streaks?

Either way, it's a good atmosphere and a good gate for both teams.

And, for the record, Gordonsville has talent coming down the pipe as well.

I think there will be some very competitive games between the two in the years to come.

With Gville winning this year, of course. :thumb:

Wow... that's all I can... on both sides... The past or the future has nothing to do with this season... I'm a Tiger no doubt but trying to put each other down seriously... Alot of these kids are friends except one Friday every August... brag about when you won or when you played, not now... don't get me wrong this is ONE of the biggest rivalries in the state no doubt, there is alot of hatred between schools much less towns.... I am fortunate that I can say we beat the Owls 3 out 4 years when I played, not many Tigers can say that... I hate losing more than anything but this game is a rivalry embrace it, not put each other down cause of who said this and who said that... it's people like you that is ruining it for everyone else... if half of you people even knew how well we have it you would appreciate it alot more... let these kids play cause there the ones who decide bragging rights for a year, not a bunch of has beens... good luck to both teams... GO BIG BLUE

I think you may be overreacting just a little. Don't take offense to some of this stuff like the other side does when you ask them a question.

I think you may be overreacting just a little. Don't take offense to some of this stuff like the other side does when you ask them a question.

no doubt it is excieting for me to see the old ball coach back. i believe most of the bleeding stops this year. we will just have to see in a couple of short weeks from now.but i must say i have enjoyed all the star wars smack on here.i cant help but to do one . we all know how things ended up when luke has his final show down with his "fatha".

mark skimedley may the force be with you.

no doubt it is excieting for me to see the old ball coach back. i believe most of the bleeding stops this year. we will just have to see in a couple of short weeks from now.but i must say i have enjoyed all the star wars smack on here.i cant help but to do one . we all know how things ended up when luke has his final show down with his "fatha".

mark skimedley may the force be with you.

I thought Gville underachieved quite a bit last year, so I'm anxious to see if that changes this year.