Moore Co 2010

bigredbird

I wouldn't worry to much about whether Smith stays or not. You all may want to run him off after two or three years. I hope it works out for you all, but he was way over his head at Science Hill. He said 3 yrs ago that he "had more talent than he ever had before" and went 3-7. "All I need a defense for, is to get me the ball back." And so on and so on. Coach Smith, do what you say. Lots of talk and lots of promises. "I'm here to win a state championship". We at Science Hill would have been tickled to death with a conference championship for starters.

But anyway... Good luck to Smith and Moore County.

Since Coach Smith is there, I hope that they do well and that he stays for a few years. As far as your quote that he said "All I need a defense for, is to get me the ball back", I think that is true for most head coaches. After all how, how many head coaches expect their defense to score a lot of points. In my opinon, the main job of a defense is (1) Keep the other team from scoring (2) Get the ball back with as good of field position as possible for their offense either by forcing the other team to punt or with turnovers. A defense doing anything else such as scoring points is just icing on the cake.

Well, the comment on the defense was after all the bragging of how many books coach Smith wrote (12 or 13 - haven't you heard yet?) on offense and what a offensive master mind he was (supposedly) suppose to be. The comments of how in our very first game, he was gonna have Sullivan South 40-0 at half time. We were defeated 27-7! It all just left a really bad taste in our mouth. You go in work hard and let your talking be on the field. Smith is a nice guy, very organized, but he came in arrogant and mouthy. There was a lot of things he said he was going to do and I'm not just talking about wins and loses, that he just simply didn't carry-out. I hope he leads Moore County to many wins and championships.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What offense can MC fans expect to see this year? Wide open or run, run, run? How about Defense? 4,5 or 6 man front or something different?

Wide open / shotgun! Smith used to boast a 5 wide shotgun. But, I hope he takes what talent he has and uses them appropriately. His first year at Science Hill, Smith had a speedy and powerful running back and a big 6'3" 240lbs fullback and threw the ball 30-40 times a game with a struggling QB. And on defense, that was someone else's responsibility. And thank God for our defense!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...