2009 Best of Preps-Chattanooga

CHAMPDDS

Congrats to Danielle Ciabattone for the Chattanooga Times Free Press PLAYER OF THE YEAR...If anyone has seen this young lady play in the past four years for Notre Dame, you can see why she earned this award...Way to go D ! Lee University (with their second National Title in a row last Saturday !) has gained another exceptional player...

Also, COACH OF THE YEAR was Notre Dame's Jim Schermerhorn....

TEAMS OF THE YEAR:

1) Baylor

2) Notre Dame

3) Chattanooga Christian School

Other Best of Preps:

Bonnie Buckley-Sr-Silverdale

Simone Busby-So-GPS

Teni Butler-So-Baylor

Emily Jones-Sr-Cleveland

Allison Gehron-Sr-CSAS

Carey Leiper-Sr-Notre Dame

Sarah Mastey-Sr-GPS

Carissa Sanchez-Sr-Baylor

McKenzie Thomas-So-Baylor

Peyton Thomas-So-Bayor

Hannah Wyatt-So-Soddy-Daisy

Honorable Mentions:

Chloe Brackett-So-Baylor

Grace Courter-So-Notre Dame

Hannah Ellis-So-Cleveland

Hannah Farlett-Sr-CCS

Elizabeth Geier-Sr-Soddy-Daisy

Mary Woodruff Griffin-So-GPS

Kathryn Healy-Jr-Notre Dame

Hannah Jenkins-Sr-Soddy-Daisy

Ashley Johnson-Jr-McMinn Central

Madison Kent-So-Signal Mountain

Madison Lee-Sr-McMinn Central

Molly Martin-Sr-McMinn Central

Lauren Pruitt-Sr-Silverdale Baptist

Chauncey Simmons-Sr-CCS

Michelle Spangler-Jr-Notre Dame

Andrea Spencer-Sr-Bradley Central

Tiffany Sullivan-Jr-CCS

Lisa Swearingen-Jr-Ooltewah

Taylor Van Wagner-Jr-McMinn Central

Haley Ward-Fr-McMinn County

Great job Dee, and all the girls that got honored.

A little ND bragging...

3 of the last 4 BOP POY have been from Notre Dame, and 4 of the last 6

2009 - Danielle, headed to Lee

2008 - (I forget, but I think she's playing at Tennessee Tech)

2006 - Jamie Cooper, playing at MTSU

2004 - Nicki Brannen - was at UTC, but now plays for Carson Newman

The 2008 player was Kris Cambron, and she was exceptional, as are all the others. It's quite a record for ND.

By the way Nicki Brannen was a key part (1 goal) of one of the greatest games you'll ever see when Carson Newman beat Columbus State in the DII Southeast Region final. C-N won in with less than one second on the clock off of a corner kick.

Great job Dee, and all the girls that got honored.

A little ND bragging...

3 of the last 4 BOP POY have been from Notre Dame, and 4 of the last 6

2009 - Danielle, headed to Lee

2008 - (I forget, but I think she's playing at Tennessee Tech)

2006 - Jamie Cooper, playing at MTSU

2004 - Nicki Brannen - was at UTC, but now plays for Carson Newman

I wonder if that same little Red Head forgets who her father is at times also.... :roll:

I was just trying to avoid violating one of my "Rules for Coach T" -- never mention your own kid's name...

I had that same rule back when I was younger. Except it was to never mention myself. Yet I can do this now, otherwise I'd be breaking one of my own rules right now...

Congrats to Danielle (and the rest of the girls selected). She has been a key player for the Irish ever since she stepped onto that campus.

Now she gets to join forces with one of my good friends in goal at Lee, on the road to defending a two peat.

I was just trying to avoid violating one of my "Rules for Coach T" -- never mention your own kid's name...

I had that same rule back when I was younger. Except it was to never mention myself. Yet I can do this now, otherwise I'd be breaking one of my own rules right now...

Coniglio, just because you have some wild chin hair to go with the stuff on top doesn't make you an old man. You're still a kid in my book! Don't you have some exams you need to be studying for?

Coniglio, just because you have some wild chin hair to go with the stuff on top doesn't make you an old man. You're still a kid in my book! Don't you have some exams you need to be studying for?

Hey now, I shaved at the beginning of No Shave November and kept on throughout. 5 months was way too long to grow it out. And if I'm still a kid in your book.... that's a pretty old book :thumb:

Anyway, exams are next week. I don't come home until a week before Christmas Friday. Doesn't that suck?

I'm sure all of these girls are super players, and congratulations to all. However, I can personally vouch for Emily, Danielle, and Carey. Great players backed by great families. My family has enjoyed the many road trips and times spent with all of them through one of the best club teams in the state (92 FC Alliance) It's hard to believe that it is almost over! Congraulations and the Best to all.