Memphis Melrose (Best Team in the State) ????

terop

For some that's not aware or haven't heard across the state, I'll give you a quick run down of this talented team....

pg Chris Jones c/o 2011 Rivals #36 2nd best guard in the state behind Joe Jackson

sf 6'6 Adonis Thomas c/o 2011 Rivals #11 USA gold medal team member

pf 6'6 Nate Rucker already committed to Northern Illinois

sg Ray Parks 2009 TN Mr. Basketball D2

sg 6'5 6'6 Jermaine Holliman 6th man and part time starter. Averaging double digits

* And hot off the rumor mill, sg 6'3 Cedric McAfee will be transferring in! c/o 2011 Rivals #67

And you thought Bearden was loaded last year...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some that's not aware or haven't heard across the state, I'll give you a quick run down of this talented team....

pg Chris Jones c/o 2011 Rivals #36 2nd best guard in the state behind Joe Jackson

sf 6'6 Adonis Thomas c/o 2011 Rivals #11 USA gold medal team member

pf 6'6 Nate Rucker already committed to Northern Illinois

sg Ray Parks 2009 TN Mr. Basketball D2

sg 6'5 6'6 Jermaine Holliman 6th man and part time starter. Averaging double digits

* And hot off the rumor mill, sg 6'3 Cedric McAfee will be transferring in! c/o 2011 Rivals #67

And you thought Bearden was loaded last year...

I got to check them out at Liberty a couple of weeks ago. They're very very impressive and I'll even venture to say that this years Melrose team will be better than the national ranked Liberty team a few years ago. The state championship will be White Station versus Melrose this year. Their run to the championship will be a breeze, however the championship game between the two will be awesome!!! I also think Melrose is on the level of Oak Hill this year. Melrose and Oak Hill would make for a great game. Oak Hill will whipe Siegel off the face of the earth when they play. If Hammonds doesn't get back in time for that game, Oak Hill could win by 45-50 points over Siegel. I must say Siegel is way over-rated according to what the people are claiming on here, even with Hammonds.

While White Station is good after seeing them play two good teams in Southwind and Germantown I'm not sure about assuring them that spot in the finals. Southwind, Central, and even Germantown could top them. White Station needed some awful officiating to beat Southwind, but I think Melrose might be the best team in the NATION!

I think the defending champs will be there when it's all said and done if they just rebound half the time. Ferrokahn Hall graduating has actually left a gap in the middle. Even though WS have 6'7 Nino Johnson and 6'6 M. Williams down low, Hall is being missed. It's hard to replace a D-1 Center (Seton Hall) Joe will be hard to beat come tournament time....However it wouldn't surprise me either if Southwind, Germantown, or even Central knocks off one of these teams. I believe Central beat Melrose twice last year and Gtown and Southwind have played WS close this year...Jody when does Siegal play Oak Hill?? Where??

While White Station is good after seeing them play two good teams in Southwind and Germantown I'm not sure about assuring them that spot in the finals. Southwind, Central, and even Germantown could top them. White Station needed some awful officiating to beat Southwind, but I think Melrose might be the best team in the NATION!

Ha. NM

I'm guessing you don't agree with me, thebenchwarmer, but I'm sure you can agree that many teams don't have 7 players on that team that will play D1. Its guaranteed Chris Jones, Adonis Thomas, Bobby Parks, Ced McAfee will be High Majors. Nate Rucker already signed his LOI, but I'm sure his stock will be much higher this year. Jermaine Holliman, Telvin Wilkerson are probably D1 guys. Then you look at the young guys in Willie Atwood, D'Airus Moore, Markell Crawford, and K.C. Goodwin.

Not many teams can have that many big time players in their rotation and then Coach JJ has them buying into doing it for the team. Now I'll say this Melrose is AT Least the most talented team in the country, but it all depends on Coach Johnson's coaching. Will he make that leap and become the sound coach he needs to be for this team to Maximize its potential? That is to be seen.

I don't know when Siegel plays Oak Hill, but I don't think its going to be pretty if they play the travel team. Oak Hill has two teams apparently.

I think the defending champs will be there when it's all said and done if they just rebound half the time. Ferrokahn Hall graduating has actually left a gap in the middle. Even though WS have 6'7 Nino Johnson and 6'6 M. Williams down low, Hall is being missed. It's hard to replace a D-1 Center (Seton Hall) Joe will be hard to beat come tournament time....However it wouldn't surprise me either if Southwind, Germantown, or even Central knocks off one of these teams. I believe Central beat Melrose twice last year and Gtown and Southwind have played WS close this year...Jody when does Siegal play Oak Hill?? Where??

Siegel plays Oak Hill January 29th. According to their schedule it'll be at Siegel.