Memphis Melrose (Best Team in the State) ????

terop

Actually I think Melrose will be in the Henry County Christmas tourney, I THINK, but I don't know for sure. I believe Hollimon will go D1, their AAU coach got him some big looks over the summer even from Bama and So. Miss. Whether he goes now or after a stint in JUCO he'll be playing D1. Wilkerson can make it, but it just seems he's fallen off a bit as he was a stud his freshman year with Adonis and Chris Jones. Just hasn't made that improvement.

As for Atwood he may be one of the most TALENTED players in his class and the state. He's about 6'6, 6'7 a decent handle, long arms, actually has a nice shot. He's not very fast and not the most explosive, but he's not a stiff. He's a good defender and shot blocker, but is more of a SF than PF. He'll need to put on some weight and develop some more aggressiveness on offense, but he may have the highest ceiling in 2012.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I think Melrose will be in the Henry County Christmas tourney, I THINK, but I don't know for sure.

There was either talk of them playing in it or a tentative agreement, but they are not in the Eiffel Tower Shootout. Tennessee teams in the Shootout are Henry County, JCM, Jackson Northside, Raleigh Egypt, and Howard School of Academics and Tech (Chattanooga), plus 5 out of state schools.

This has to be one of the deepest most talented teams ever from Memphis.....I was thinking of Melrose as a top 25 national team before Parks and McAfee.......add these two and this has to be on of the top 10 teams in the country...maybe a legit top 5..........Serioulsy. This team is just as talented as the Findley's and Oak Hill's.

This has to be one of the deepest most talented teams ever from Memphis.....I was thinking of Melrose as a top 25 national team before Parks and McAfee.......add these two and this has to be on of the top 10 teams in the country...maybe a legit top 5..........Serioulsy. This team is just as talented as the Findley's and Oak Hill's.

I AGREE. RAY PARKS PUT THEM OVER THE TOP. MCAFEE MAKES THEM THE BEST TEAM IN THE NATION.

Is it possible that T$$AA does not want to look into Memphis area "recuiting practices". Is it possible that there would be so many violations everywhere that processing this would pretty much consume T$$AA resources. Are they still stinging from the Brentwood gone south deal? Just a couple of questions for folks that may be closer to this topic.

Yankees I haven't heard that one but they will have a void in the middle. Also if Stokes transfers to Melrose all kinds of questions will start to rumble big time...

I was told that about stokes also but really don't think he will ever go to Melrose. If Bobby and McAfee didn't start questions then Stokes will just fall in line also.

Yankees I haven't heard that one but they will have a void in the middle. Also if Stokes transfers to Melrose all kinds of questions will start to rumble big time...

I was told that about stokes also but really don't think he will ever go to Melrose. If Bobby and McAfee didn't start questions then Stokes will just fall in line also.

STOKES IS PRETTY MUCH LED BY RHODES (MEMPHIS SELECT). RHODES WOULDN'T WANT HIM TO SHARE THE SPOTLIGHT OR BUILD RELATIONSHIPS WITH THE MELROSE KIDS. I REALLY DON'T THINK THIS RUMOR HAS LEGS.

Melrose just got better!!!!!!

Sed McAfee has tranfered from Craigmont to Melrose and will play this season.

McAfee is rated #2 in the memphis behind Adonis Thomas(Melrose) in this 2011 class

I'm gonna re-post the comments that I made about Melrose, way back in late March of this year. I think it was right after all the State BB Championship games were finished:

Early News Flash:

........................ Melrose Golden Wildcats --- 2009-2010 Basketball Season ................

1) Melrose will be the #1 team in Memphis

2) heavy favorite to win the AAA State Championship!!!!

3) Melrose will flirt with an undefeated season (yes-- you read that right)!!!

4) They will be flat-out LOADED (again) only with more experience!!!

----------------------------------------------------------

Trust me ----This is not a bunch of hype. This is no exaggeration.