14A GAMES AND SCORES

daroundball

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TRENTON AT BRADFORD TONIGHT

I'm anxious to see how yall come out tonight against Trenton..Too bad Combs ins't going to start..Is she expected to play?If Bradford wins without Combs..then I'm not sure Trenton may be the top team in the district and going to State like Harper thinks..Harper feels pretty good about Trenton winning saying that Bradford had the Molly girl but I sensed Harper thinks yall don't have much else..Lake Co has Humboldt tonight so I'll post about our game win or lose..!

TRENTON AT BRADFORD TONIGHT

BRADFORD WON BY 3 (49-46). BRADFORD WAS UP BY 15 AT THE HALF, BUT #10 THE POINT GUARD FOR TRENTON WAS IN FOUL TROUBLE. THEN BRADFORD'S POINT GUARD (STREET) WAS IN FOUL TROUBLE THE SECOND HALF. BOTH TEAMS HAD A LOT OF TURN OVERS WHEN THE POINTS WERE OUT OF THE GAME. #10 FOR TRENTON IS A GOOD BALL PLAYER. SHE IS FAST AND STRONG. TRENTON DID NOT MAKE A THREE IN THE GAME. WALSMITH CARRIED THE SCORING LOAD FOR BRADFORD. COMBS DID PLAY LIMITED MINS.

Lake Co beat Humboldt 82-63 in their game at Tiptonville..T.T.Flowers had a good game for Lake Co..Probably had about 19 points but at times Humboldt had 2 or 3 players trying to trap her at half court..Carnation Hart had probably around 18 and I believe freshman Shamone Pearson led Lake Co with about 23 points.Very fast paced game..Humboldt is very athletic..#4 is as fast as they come and they handled the Lake Co press because of her for the most part..They had a couple more girls that shot the ball pretty well..I believe Lake Co led from start to finish..About 5 or 6 at the half..Lake Co would go up in the second half by about 12 and Humboldt would come down and hit a 3 ball..

i thought Lake Co played well against a quality team.The only thing I thought we need to work on or outplayed was on the boards..I'd be willing to bet Humboldt had 15 more rebounds.A few times they had 3 or 4 chances on the offensive boards and scored points or Lake Co would have had a larger margin..Humboldt really pounds the boards..Anyway..Humboldt is a scary team..I wouldnt want to play them in a loser go home game but then again,,no matter who our teams play..isn't going to be an easy game..I see that Trenton gave Bradford a close game so Trenton must be a good team..Humboldt was really better than what I was expecting..They may have lost several games but have played a brutal schedule so far..I have now seen Greenfield ,Lake Co.,Humboldt and with Trenton and Bradford..I believe the teams are better this year than last year..!

Based on the Humboldt team I saw last night..not going by the final score..I have Humboldt in my top 4..I thought Lake Co played well and Humboldt has good speed and some athletes.Now in saying that.I'd like to see how Humboldt plays or shoots against a team like Gleason..that looks for a good shot..not going to run with Humboldt and maybe play a zone..I would have liked to play a zone or at least not pressed as much because Humboldt was doing a good job with #4..She did a very good job handling the ball..A lot of speed with her and T.T. Flowers going at it..T.T. made about 3 shots that I thought was ..how in the world did she make that shot?Again..I'd be wary of this Humboldt team..especially if their shots are falling..They have some athletes and are going to run.!

Halls point guard started the game but wasn't trying very hard so the coach pulled her. She is the main ball handler, but the teams were even on turnovers. Halls just couldn't buy a bucket...the same in the LC game. If Halls would have hit open layups and jump shots in the paint against LC they would have been leading LC 10-2, instead it was 18-0 before Halls ever scored. Halls girls are fighting hard, but it is hard to break a losing tradition, especially when you play in the toughest district in the state...hands down. Halls is better than last year though sometimes scores don't indicate it. The second half against Greenfield was much better. Yes a lot of players got to play a lot for Greenfield, but they always run deep. THe end of the bench got in with about 5 minutes left. Game was out of reach, but starters were there in the 3rd and Halls was down by 24 at half and lost by 25. Halls could have easily lost by 50 like they did against LC, but they kept fighting. Halls doesn't have the deep bench with skilled athletes. The end of Halls' bench is first time players that are juniors or freshmen who played one year of junior high on the jv. They are having to practice against boys just to have someone to scrimmage. Everyone is trying hard, but wins will come hard. Now I'll go ahead and tell ya, if shots are fallin for us, we can be dangerous, but we're just not a strong shooting team. We force turnovers, we just have to capitalize on them. No one should ever take success for granted, because you never want to be the one to get upset by taking a team too lightly.

Halls point guard started the game but wasn't trying very hard so the coach pulled her. She is the main ball handler, but the teams were even on turnovers. Halls just couldn't buy a bucket...the same in the LC game. If Halls would have hit open layups and jump shots in the paint against LC they would have been leading LC 10-2, instead it was 18-0 before Halls ever scored. Halls girls are fighting hard, but it is hard to break a losing tradition, especially when you play in the toughest district in the state...hands down. Halls is better than last year though sometimes scores don't indicate it. The second half against Greenfield was much better. Yes a lot of players got to play a lot for Greenfield, but they always run deep. THe end of the bench got in with about 5 minutes left. Game was out of reach, but starters were there in the 3rd and Halls was down by 24 at half and lost by 25. Halls could have easily lost by 50 like they did against LC, but they kept fighting. Halls doesn't have the deep bench with skilled athletes. The end of Halls' bench is first time players that are juniors or freshmen who played one year of junior high on the jv. They are having to practice against boys just to have someone to scrimmage. Everyone is trying hard, but wins will come hard. Now I'll go ahead and tell ya, if shots are fallin for us, we can be dangerous, but we're just not a strong shooting team. We force turnovers, we just have to capitalize on them. No one should ever take success for granted, because you never want to be the one to get upset by taking a team too lightly.

I've said in several of my posts that I thought this Halls team was better than last year and the past several seasons..But like you said..the other teams in the district are all better than last year from what I've seen so far..Lake Co and Humboldt both have racehorses..Lake Co could have scored a hundred points in about 3 games this year had they left T.T.Flowers and the other starters in..And even though Halls may be improving..Lake Co is still made up of basically sophmores and a very god freshman..And a couple at the middle school that's just as good as what we;ve had..Good luck to Halls..I believe they have improved but just dont think they can beat the top 5 or 6 teams.!

Greenfield could have won by 50 if they had wanted to. The freashman played the whole last quarter and the bteam was in alot before halftime. 30-6 at halftime and it could have been worse. Our bteam would win by 20.