5-Sport Dad

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been flyin' below the radar, huh?

http://www.marshalltribune.com/story/1593311.html

You go, girl. They got a good one. We love you! :popcorneater:

I promised myself I was not going to post anything on here this year...but I can't resist.

Haley Girl....congratulations!!!! You have a ton of talent and UT sees the potential in what you can become. Go make us all proud of you like I know you will. I wish I had a video tape of you pitching that one inning in Sioux Falls against the San Jose Sharks. Keeping your composure to get those 3 outs after the rain out was a priceless moment in time.

We all need to go back to Mildred's to eat and celebrate!

When I am an old man sitting in a rocking chair I will remember you and Caralisa and Casey and all the other girls on all the other teams that we have been associated through the years. I know our future is in good hands with all you softball girls taking over in years to come.

David....Thank goodness she took after her mom! Glad mine did too. ...."She has her mom's personality. You couldn't ask anyone to be a sweeter person,"

See you guys soon,

JV

:)

Haley & I think you for your kind words. Haley has worked so hard since the time she first told me she wanted to pitch at 8 yrs old. Greatly influenced my Melissa Massey who pitched in the SEC for Miss State a few years back. Haley & Melissa worked out together at the Patrick Center in Fayetteville under the direction of Ron McLlyea. Melissa & Coach Mac showed Haley what it took to get to the next level. Haley still works out with Coach Mac weekly. His workouts are Tough!

We knew she was going to be pretty good the first time we put her in the circle against travel competition at 9yrs old and she struck out 18 of the 20 she faced in her first tournament game.

God has blessed us thru Softball & Basketball! To Him be the Glory - AMEN! Reguardless of what happens from this point on, the places we have visited, the friends we have made, and the Kids I have had the pleasure of coaching have provided us with a lifetime of cherished memories. Special Thanks to Michael Connell & the Team Worth Gold family. We love you guys and look forward to Gold Level Competition next summer!

DRF

You go, girl. They got a good one. We love you! :popcorneater:

I read that article & I believe Haley is correct. Cornersville should win the Class A title this year! Forrest & Trinity lost too many horses to win again.... :)

Cornersville lost a lot of Aces last year too.. It will take more than HF, LD & MH to win a State Championship.

You go, girl. They got a good one. We love you! :)

I read that article & I believe Haley is correct. Cornersville should win the Class A title this year! Forrest & Trinity lost too many horses to win again.... :)

Cornersville lost a lot of Aces last year too.. It will take more than HF, LD & MH to win a State Championship.

I agree! It will take so much more than Fagan, Dalton & Hopkins to win it all. 43' will play a part in how the season plays out. CHS lost four GREAT Seniors, but the Team is still loaded with experienced travel ball players. Alex Wolaver, Erica Blackwell, Katie Pigg, Amanda Griggs & Jessica Dillard will be an Outstanding Senior Class. Several Good Freshman (Nighthawks players) coming in too. It will all depend on how hungry :popcorneater: and willing to WORK the supporting cast becomes!

You go, girl. They got a good one. We love you! :evil:

I promised myself I was not going to post anything on here this year...but I can't resist.

JV

B)

J,

Absolutely no shame in posting to congratulate a child. Sometimes we adults do get overzealous, but we know it...if we're honest. And no matter what a lot of people say about this board, the players (children), if they even know about it, like to get on and see what people are saying...whether it be about them or a friend or acquaintance. It's human nature and there's no harm in that, in my opinion. If they're half as good (or, as is sadly sometimes the case, bad) as some people may say, we still tell all of our children it's what have you done for the team lately that counts. People are gonna talk regardless and there's nothing you can do about it. Putting it in writing on a message board is absolutely different though, so I know what you mean.

By the way, I look forward to congratulating yours very soon. She's already a gem and we love her, too.

Have a very Merry Christmas! See y'all soon.

Fastpitchdadd I was at the Columbia Academy middle school tournament last year and Cornersville will not be hurting for the next couple of years. I just wish I knew where they were getting all of this talent. They had a pitcher and catcher that did an outstanding job, they had a girl that stole bases whenever she wanted. They had one girl that almost went yard. A whole host of girls that could hit. Great feilding to go along with all of this. Like I said I am not sure what they are doing in cornersville but it must be right. Good job to the Fagan girl and good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anbody know if Fagan's summer teammate Sarah Beth Roberts has committed anywhere yet?

I know she has been a highly regarded player.

Not yet. Offers from quite a few schools. Took an unofficial visit to a local DI school earlier this week and will take another to Chattanooga this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

You go, girl. They got a good one. We love you! :thumb:

I read that article & I believe Haley is correct. Cornersville should win the Class A title this year! Forrest & Trinity lost too many horses to win again.... ;)

Not sure about how many Forrest lost but TCA only lost 2 players and they still have the firepower to pull it off.Don't forget about the other Renfroe who is just as good or better!