Signal Mountain

thoughtiwonit

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a chance to see some of their young ones this past summer and I think they are a lot closer than people think. Given the economy, it is no longer a given that everyone who lives on signal mountain is going to Baylor or McCallie. They have a great school with an amazing faculty and Principal.(I know I had him at Hixson!) So given these factors and a coach who comes from a great line of coaches; Thompson worked with Vandergriff, who was taught by Connell, it is safe to say that they could be a contender very soon. Obviously they werent up to beating Ooltewah, but neither was Hixson a year ago! Its amazing what a year can do for some programs. Signal also has a good feeder program at the Middle school, so it could happen very soon!

Signal Mountain is already making a dent in the Chattanooga scene. They have posted wins over Central 54-22 and East Ridge 48-25. The majority of the guys are 9th and 10th graders so the future looks bright. This is only the second year of the program and they compete in a region that is traditionally one of the toughest in the state. This program is well on its way but just needs a little time grow. They are not quite ready for programs like Hixson, Ooltewah, or Soddy but considering they only have about 500 kids in the high school, they are not half bad.

Since there was a mixup in plans let me guess what would have happen. At 103 Henley gets a forfeit,very close match with H. Sommers and Pressley, L. Sommers with a pin or forfeit win @ 119,Feuerbacher pins Henley @ 125, McGinnis wins at 130, a close match @ 135 ,Henley vs Newkirk,Nell and O'Brian get pins @ 140 and 145,Pressley and Usry get pins @ 152 and 160, Probably the best match @ 171 between Pressley and Rush,Blackman finish with pins at 189,215 and Hwt for Wells,Kennedy and Smith. Blackman wins pretty easily.

Since there was a mixup in plans let me guess what would have happen. At 103 Henley gets a forfeit,very close match with H. Sommers and Pressley, L. Sommers with a pin or forfeit win @ 119,Feuerbacher pins Henley @ 125, McGinnis wins at 130, a close match @ 135 ,Henley vs Newkirk,Nell and O'Brian get pins @ 140 and 145,Pressley and Usry get pins @ 152 and 160, Probably the best match @ 171 between Pressley and Rush,Blackman finish with pins at 189,215 and Hwt for Wells,Kennedy and Smith. Blackman wins pretty easily.

I would think a program like Blackman would beat a 3rd year school fairly easy, but if you look deeper into this new school I think you should be very impressed. And I would place down a small to mid-size wager on your result at 125. Eric is a real good wrestler who will finish way up on the podium , but I also think that Logan will be there too.

The Eagles also pick up a " decent" coach in The Dead Beatle, John Lennon. I, along with the entire Notre Dame student body miss Coach Lennon beyond words. He brought, and brings an excitiment to kids that wasn't appreciated by the Notre Dame Higher Up. When you get a quality person that loves kids and makes them feel special in ever aspect of life you don't let them go. Coach we will always LOve You and wish the best for you.( ps now that i said those nice words about you, where are my shirts?)

bcb iii :roflol:

This is the schedule off Blackman's web site.

I didn't see Signal Mtn on the schedule

School Address:

3956 Blaze Drive

Murfreesboro, TN 37128 Directions

Schedule

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Month

Date

Opponent(s)

Place

Time (WI)

November 7 Early Bird Scrimmage (Preseason) Blackman HS 1:00 PM

14 MTSU Brawl in the Boro (college duals) Blackman HS 7:00 AM

21 Antioch Tournament (Preseason) Antioch HS 7:00 AM

December

4 In School vs. Antioch, Mont. Central Blackman HS 1:30 PM

5 Rutherford County Duals TBA 7:00 AM

10 Coffee County*, Lincoln County* Coffee County HS TBA