UC vs HBT

JungleJim125

Well UC travels to HBT Tuesday night for another classic match up with the Vikings. This one will go down to the wire. Both are better than most posters think this year. I know they lost some key players and alot of fire power from last year. But they both have pretty darn good teams once again! I don't want to make anyone mad here. I will say this if it comes to coaching Hbt is in trouble! Which it most likely will once again i mean no disrespect toward HBT. But Boykin has had the talent over the last 8-10 years or so to win some Gold balls! But just can not seem to get it done anyway good luck to both should be a great game! :thumb:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Key factor in this game, its at Humboldt. If Dunbar is back then it could be a long night for Union City. If Union City wins this game then Union City make a statement......the district championship goes through Union City once again.

I agree with the point you make about the game being played at Humboldt and if UC were to win there, it would be huge....I will go a little further and say that if UC gets beat but it's a very close game, say within 5 points, it will be big too...UC always makes alot of improvement over the course of a season...Sisco always has his eye toward the tournaments..If they were to play close to Humboldt this early in the season, it wouldn't be a good sign for Humboldt...

Until UC beats either LC or Humboldt, I'm not going to change my mind about this years edition of the Tornadoes finishing 3rd in the district...There is a huge difference in blowing out Trenton on the road than beating Humboldt on their home court...

Key factor in this game, its at Humboldt. If Dunbar is back then it could be a long night for Union City. If Union City wins this game then Union City make a statement......the district championship goes through Union City once again.

Dunbar is back after missing a few games due to playing in the East vs West Tennessee Allstar game. Dunbar didn't play against Lake County which was a lose for Humboldt but I see this team being a better outside shooting team then last year but not as much size even though Tevin Bryson is 6'4 and Dunbar is 6'5 but not as athletic as the (2) two big men Humboldt had last year. Humboldt and Union City will be a good game and it's to early for me to make a prediction but these teams should finish in the top of 14a as usual. Looking forward to a good game Tuesday night!!!!

Well UC travels to HBT Tuesday night for another classic match up with the Vikings. This one will go down to the wire. Both are better than most posters think this year. I know they lost some key players and alot of fire power from last year. But they both have pretty darn good teams once again! I don't want to make anyone mad here. I will say this if it comes to coaching Hbt is in trouble! Which it most likely will once again i mean no disrespect toward HBT. But Boykin has had the talent over the last 8-10 years or so to win some Gold balls! But just can not seem to get it done anyway good luck to both should be a great game! :lol:

I think you hit it on the head Zebra99, Humboldt has had the talent for several years but coaching is a factor. Humboldt played Lake County and Boykin continue to press giving Lake County easy lay-ups, coach Boykin shouldn't have pressed(since it wasn't working) and made Lake County earn there points by running a half court offense. Lake county does not have good outside shooters and like to run & gun but eventually a smart coach will make them earn there points in half court.

WOW, Only 4 posts for this Big Rivalry between 2 of the "powerhouses" of Single A. What gives?

I just think it's to early and people haven't seen teams play yet and it's hard to make a prediction, so that may be the reason for few post. I think after this game Tuesday night the 14a board will start to get back to its normal activity of daily posts!

WOW, Only 4 posts for this Big Rivalry between 2 of the "powerhouses" of Single A. What gives?

I just think it's to early and people haven't seen teams play yet and it's hard to make a prediction, so that may be the reason for few post. I think after this game Tuesday night the 14a board will start to get back to its normal activity of daily posts!

oh I figured there would still be some more talk about this big game!

I give my take on the game... Union City plays with a great intensity and if Humboldt can't match that intensity then Union City will come out on top. I haven't seen Humboldt play yet, but I did get to see Union City. I see one problem area for Union City which hasn't been a problem in the past not much depth. This could turn into a big problem especially for the style of play that Union City plays. I'm thinking a Union City win here should not surprise anyone. Good Luck.