Football 101 for some SP fans

team69

Jjuan Fennell 90 was also invited.He is SP's second major college committ (MTSU) the last 2yrs! Some players playing this game try to improve their stock. Or at least try to get a look for a scholarship. This is the real All-star game in Tennessee. Some of the highest recruited players chose to stay in Memphis and play in their local all-star event the same weekend. It's a big honor to be selected to go play in the east,west toyota game. It is true that Terrell was listed as a safety on that roster. I'm sure over the years who's ever in charge of that decision will reget not letting him have the chance to show his QB skills.

Bossbro, KL was wondering if UTC is a "minor college committ"? KL keeps seeing you refer to the second MAJOR college committ? Just curious. KL would consider UTC a major college.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jjuan Fennell 90 was also invited.He is SP's second major college committ (MTSU) the last 2yrs! Some players playing this game try to improve their stock. Or at least try to get a look for a scholarship. This is the real All-star game in Tennessee. Some of the highest recruited players chose to stay in Memphis and play in their local all-star event the same weekend. It's a big honor to be selected to go play in the east,west toyota game. It is true that Terrell was listed as a safety on that roster. I'm sure over the years who's ever in charge of that decision will reget not letting him have the chance to show his QB skills.

Bossbro, KL was wondering if UTC is a "minor college committ"? KL keeps seeing you refer to the second MAJOR college committ? Just curious. KL would consider UTC a major college.

UTC, i believe is division II...while MTSU is Division I...that's the way i take it.

David's playing RB at MTSU.Taking a red-shirt year. He's up to 205lbs. Malcomb Jones has been looked at by Vandy,MTSU,UTC as well several other schools. Malcomb has done Yomen's work in the class room to make himself a college prospect. We must take our hats off to our young-men for putting in the effort in the class room. This is a trend that should continue here at SP. There are not very many opportunites for athletes who don't put the book work first. Thanks to all of the fans who truly love and support these young men, and program win lose or draw.UTC is in the FCS,formally D-1AA.Major college football formally D-1 participate in the FBS. Which means these teams are eligible to compete in major college bowls. Teams in the BCS all belong under the FBS set-up.

There is no doubt a free education is what it is. Meaning these young-men's opportunity to grow and excell in the world are enhanced by recieving a free-education. Not trying to place any kids in any category. But trying to show that it is so hard at the 1-A,2-A level of high school football to get these offer's of playing big-time football. It's been too long, is the emphasis on this subject. To have a player of Terrell Robinson's accomplishment's, not recieve major offer's is hard to understand. SP school and community should be proud of these young men and all of their accomplishments. Was not trying to divide us. Just trying bring some clarity about what has actually happened here at SP in recent years.

I was just wondering why in the East west game i didnt see # 6 for SP or number 27 for UC ? I looked even on the sidelines and didnt see either one of them. I saw # 6 in the title game and he should of ben on the field !! # 27 for UC as well .

Just like the rest of the year, #27 probably wasn't invited...wasn't good enough if the middle and east sports writers had anything to do with it.

He was shinning on his and his teams new GOLD ball though.

:) Old Pirate says them Jasper folkes can't face reality. That whistle thay had was plenty more annoying than the Pirates raising their helmets during warmups. Lots of teams raise their helmets from time to time. Jest don't see it being an issue. Intimidation...............don't see it being that for sure. OP says seems like some youngons jest very proud of their school.

Annoying or not, the whistle isn't blown to try to scare or intimidate another school. I am sure that the helmet raising isn't just because SP is proud of their school. It was merely for show and probably some special they saw on the Miami Hurricanes or something. :D Seems like it is the SP people that can't face reality and realize that they aren't invincible, and that they can't roll(or raise) their helmet out and beat anyone. :)

Old Pirate sees TTP is still attempt to stir the pot. :) Say what you wish, but you'll be watching or reading more about the Pirates again real soon. OP heard that a big ole youngon was moving to SP from Fla and wants to play for the SP Pirates. His dad reportedly will be working for TVA and he is Jr. 6-1 205 and runs a blazing 4.5, yep he has 2 little brothers that are DINO-MITE also. Recon the word is out that SP is the place for Studs to roam. :)

UncleDave agrees with most of your opinions, but the one I don't agree with is coaching. I am one of the last to bash coaches....#1 because I don't see everything that they do.....but the loss in the state game and the loss to Trousdale last year both were due to being outcoached. Three down linemen against a power running football team won't cut it. Now, the players have to come thru on their assignments or coaching don't mean squat. I am proud of the young men that have played for the Pirates the last few years, but they are no better than ones that have played in the past in my opinion. We have had numerous players that should have played at the next level. We have also had teams just as good that played much tougher competition thru the regular season and playoffs. Just UncleDave's opinion for what it is worth.

What coach do you have in mind that could have tackled #27 for UC??