Football 101 for some SP fans

team69

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UncleDave agrees with most of your opinions, but the one I don't agree with is coaching. I am one of the last to bash coaches....#1 because I don't see everything that they do.....but the loss in the state game and the loss to Trousdale last year both were due to being outcoached. Three down linemen against a power running football team won't cut it. Now, the players have to come thru on their assignments or coaching don't mean squat. I am proud of the young men that have played for the Pirates the last few years, but they are no better than ones that have played in the past in my opinion. We have had numerous players that should have played at the next level. We have also had teams just as good that played much tougher competition thru the regular season and playoffs. Just UncleDave's opinion for what it is worth.

What coach do you have in mind that could have tackled #27 for UC??

UncleDave did not say that the Coaches would tackle Nicks smarty pants. I think they should have had 4 defensive linemen to try and stop that O line from blowing a hole as Roy puts it. They were almost guaranteed 2-3 yards a play with that defense....again just my deposit.

Fellers, Old Pirate says yous wouldn't be talking about the D ifin the Pirates make the plays they should've. Simply put, the last 2 years were the Pirate's failure to make big plays for TDs. Close games are often decided by one team's inability to catch a TD pass, make a chip shot FG. Missed XPs and missed tackles on T.Payne that should have only went for marginal gains and not TDs. OP says the 09 D was IOPM better suited to stop powerful running games than the 08 D. The 08 D played 2 yds off the ball and was a react style of defense.

Leastways guess us SP fellers better git used to smaller DL, cause the Pirates are loaded with them running studs but short on them work horses. AGAIN.......IF the Pirates make the offensive plays that were poorly defended for scores there would be 2 more Gold Balls in the Trophy case.

By the looks of some of the above post, looks like the S P folks are out to get more players to come in.....huummm!!!!!

Can't win with what ya got, ya go get mor......

I do know some folks in your neighborhood and they do tell me several of your players are accually from the Georgia area!! Is this true.

Our kicker is a exchange student from Spain and looks like he may be staying next year as well. He really has a bright future for a kid who has never played a down of football.

Good luck next year...we ( Union City ) should be pretty good, don't know how good.

Oh, I almost forgot, our kids got their ring sized up last week. They really are going to look nice with our GOLD football.

By the looks of some of the above post, looks like the S P folks are out to get more players to come in.....huummm!!!!!

I do know some folks in your neighborhood and they do tell me several of your players are accually from the Georgia area!! Is this true.

Our kicker is a exchange student from Spain and looks like he may be staying next year as well. He really has a bright future for a kid who has never played a down of football.

Good luck next year...we ( Union City ) should be pretty good, don't know how good.

Oh, I almost forgot, our kids got their ring sized up last week. They really are going to look nice with our GOLD football.

Old Pirate says the Pirates don't have any that came from Ga. 1 came from Ala, the kicker who had never played football. OP says yous should not pay attention to what other SP haters say, ucfan.

Congrats on the rings, most of the SP starters have had their rings for several years. :lol: The returners have a better than average chance of gitting another ring before long.:lol:

OP says you UC folkes need to worry about gitting another one, that season is over and the Pirates have plenty hardware in their trophy case.

Um I am sure any ring will look nice. It's nice that your kids got one. That is usually what happens when you win a championship. You get a ring. That's part of it so what's your point? Trust me on this. The REAL CHALLENGE is too stay on top of that mountain now that you are on it. SP learned in 2008 how tough it is to stay on top when everyone is gunning for you. As for the Georgia comment? That's a new one to me. I was looking at your enrollment and I didn't realize how big your school actually was. I was stunned at the enrollment numbers you guys have. I wish SP could have numbers like that.

Um I am sure any ring will look nice. It's nice that your kids got one. That is usually what happens when you win a championship. You get a ring. That's part of it so what's your point? Trust me on this. The REAL CHALLENGE is too stay on top of that mountain now that you are on it. SP learned in 2008 how tough it is to stay on top when everyone is gunning for you. As for the Georgia comment? That's a new one to me. I was looking at your enrollment and I didn't realize how big your school actually was. I was stunned at the enrollment numbers you guys have. I wish SP could have numbers like that.

Old Pirate figures theys will be 2A before long with their enrollment. OP says when they obtain anything more than a benefit of dropping in classification and winning a championship ever 40 yrs then this OP will pay attention. :lol:

Old Pirate was jest wondering if it'll take them another 40 yrs? Any predictions?