Riverdale Offseason Thread!

warhawks

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WELCOME ABOARD, CHRIS MAYES!!!!!!!

Saw him and his family last night on the news as he signed with Navy. We are getting a good one at the mighty U.S. Naval Academy, winners of the past 7 Commander-In-Chief Trophies, 8 straight over Army, and 7 straight over Air Force, and 7 consecutive bowl appearances.

I will say he is going to get a big time haircut in a few months!

Congrats to the Warriors for churning out a good one! Go Navy! Beat Army!

WELCOME ABOARD, CHRIS MAYES!!!!!!!

Saw him and his family last night on the news as he signed with Navy. We are getting a good one at the mighty U.S. Naval Academy, winners of the past 7 Commander-In-Chief Trophies, 8 straight over Army, and 7 straight over Air Force, and 7 consecutive bowl appearances.

I will say he is going to get a big time haircut in a few months!

Congrats to the Warriors for churning out a good one! Go Navy! Beat Army!

Congrads to you...Chris Mayes...and to your Family!

We have loved our son being there...what a blessing!

David Sumrall and Josh await your arrival...

Congradulations on your great academic work as well!

• 2 weeks later...

It's a long time till spring practice...can't wait to see how the new team is going to develop.

Reading the tea leaves, the Warriors may put at least two difference-making linebackers on the field next fall. That's an exciting prospect and something that's been missing for a while.

Noticed them putting up goal posts in that open field next to Warrior drive where they usually park cars during football games. What's that all about?

Go Warriors! Hope they are having a difference-making off season.

It's a long time till spring practice...can't wait to see how the new team is going to develop.

Reading the tea leaves, the Warriors may put at least two difference-making linebackers on the field next fall. That's an exciting prospect and something that's been missing for a while.

Noticed them putting up goal posts in that open field next to Warrior drive where they usually park cars during football games. What's that all about?

BUMP! GO WARRIORS! :thumb:

BUMP! GO WARRIORS! :thumb:

ok tdcman, I will usually back you up on posts, but I don't quite understand what you mean by difference makers at the lb position.R U saying our lb's were garbage this year and the three years previous?As for the goalposts, I would bet my paycheck it is for the rugby team.

If they are REALLY tall goal posts, they are for Rugby. I just hope the football team does not lose many to Rugby. I played the game while living in England. Of a 33 man school team we had 5 at the end of the season that did NOT have a broken bone. Playing it got me my FIRST broken nose and three fingers. Bad thing today is we would not lets kids play like that. I loved that game! :thumb:

Yeah lod, I to played in England in the 80"s in Bedfordshire on the B squad playing wingback.I played with some of the toughest sob"s I have ever played with, and that includes football here in the states.I remember one game in particular one of our guys broke his collarbone, never came out of the game, played the whole entire game.I would not have believed it had I not seen it myself.I sure miss the fish and chips after the game.Our rugby club was great just to hang out in and party.I sure miss the competition. :flower:

SECMAN, not a shot at the last couple years LBs at all. I think they have been a good group and I was afraid that might get misinterpreted. My optimisim for the future should not be confused with downplaying the efforts of the previous guys. That said, I think we need to get better everywhere on defense, including at LB.

The last time we had a pair of truly game-changing LBs was probably when Tamar Butler and Rahmel Oliver were both seniors. Those guys, especially Tamar, would just take over games. We've had good solid LBs but haven't had anyone that would take over a game like that in a while. Frankly, I was expecting us to have a guy like that last year but it never quite materialized. Constant did play like a wild man his last few games and that was fun to watch. Have we had any LBs off the last few teams get scholarships to play LB at the next level...I could be overlooking somebody. Can we have a John Batey and Edrell Smith maybe. Nobody has ever wreaked havoc in the backfield like Edrell did.

I guess one former Riverdale player will be sporting a BCS championship ring next time he's in town.

Go Warriors!!