Riverdale Offseason Thread!

warhawks

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the other thread was closed I guess I will just have to answer powercat here:

by powercat » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:05 am

Lost Old Dad wrote:Not a moderater here, but I would say it was deleted because all you did was make an accusation withOUT any proof.

Like I said in the original thread, get ironclad proof FIRST.

Just like your accusations concerning Coach A at Riverdale. Of course all your acussations were proven to be false on the field of play this past season. Still lost aren't you.

Still sweating your job I see. :roflol:

I maybe lost but I am not desperately looking for a QB to save my job. My prediction for this year even BEFORE spring training......6-4 or even 5-5 AGAIN!

Those who actually know me already know I did NOT like to type the above, but it is how I truthfully see this season going with the current coaching staff.

LOD,

Would you not say that 2009 was better than the previous couple years? We saw the forward pass as part of the offense and the defense was better, not great, but better. Special teams were better. I think the staff earned at least the opportunity to show that this is a trend in the right direction. We should support them in that.

Like you, I'll be very disappointed if we take a step backwards in 2010. However, I'm optimistic that the staff can keep it moving forward. I won't criticize a staff that makes it as far as the semi-finals. Anybody that makes it that far had a good year.

Go Warriors!!

Yes I would agree last year was good. Unfortunately without the QB we had last year we will see Coach A revert to his NO PASS offense and thusly 6-4 or 5-5 again.

Would I like to see us do better? Yes, but I am realist enough to realize we will not see it with the current staff. As 'powercat' is a member of the current staff I understand his blind alligence to his wanting the status quo and hanging on to his job.

I cant remember a Riverdale ever getting "bailed out" by a qb. The only qb that I can remember that really won games for Riverdale was Thomas. Last years qb was good but he didnt bail Riverdale out with his throwing ability. What made him so good to me was his toughness and mentality. I think he did a good job of understanding his role and executing the offense. The only positions I can remember "bailing out" Riverdale in the past was rb and depth on the lines. Like TDC said any time you make it to the semifinals you have done quite well. Congrats to Riverdale for that and good luck next season.

As for next season who should we look out for and who/when/where are the spring scrimmages?

Yes I would agree last year was good. Unfortunately without the QB we had last year we will see Coach A revert to his NO PASS offense and thusly 6-4 or 5-5 again.

Would I like to see us do better? Yes, but I am realist enough to realize we will not see it with the current staff. As 'powercat' is a member of the current staff I understand his blind alligence to his wanting the status quo and hanging on to his job.

LOST as usual again. I am not a coach and do not pretend to be. I was born and raised in Kansas and moved to Tennessee 10 years ago. I live in Williamson County on a 750 acres of land and love to follow high school football. I just enjoy my land and fishing in my lake. If I thought you could find your way here and not get LOST I would have you come over and fish. I am just a little upset that you bash your school's coach and not be more positive and supportive. Oh well, try to stay close to home and don't get further LOST.

I love my Warriors and I support them including the Coaching staff! I am positive we will keep seeing improvement! Making it back into the playoffs, having a chance to win district and playing all the way to the semi-finals last season in my book is a big step in the right direction. Last season was another great year in Warrior Country! Fun to follow the Warriors even when we don't have a great season. In 2008 we went 5-5 and I know no one involved with the program liked it at all. I do think the team especially the under classmen learned from it. They learned that no one and I mean no one is going to lay down just because we are Riverdale! They all worked hard to improve for 2009 and it really showed in the Coaching and the playing! I love the game of football and no matter what offense you run or what defense you run it is all about execution! It also helps to have talent which this whole district has! Look at how close all the District game were this past year! More spread out than previous years! Warriors keep working hard to keep getting better and you will! GO WARRIORS! :popcorneater::lol:

I keep telling lost that we have a kid coming in, that can flat out play the Qb position.He has played this position I believe since he picked up a football.He is definitely an athlete, and a smart kid in the classroom.No dummy.While Cody gutted out great games while hurt, he by himself didn't get the team to the semi-finals last year imo.Special teams gets overlooked, and this area we were tons better than the previous year when we went 5-5.Kicker was great, snappers were great, and kickoff and punt coverage was awesome.Just ask Oakland.They couldn't get many yards at all in the playoff game remember.Defense gets left out, but Coach Wells coming on board this past year, was the best hire Coach A has made imo in the last three years.Not only does he know the game very well. but knows how to teach and motivate these young men.I am looking forward to the spring scrimmages.I know all the running backs will be more mature and I should see more leadership this spring out of them.

I keep telling lost that we have a kid coming in, that can flat out play the Qb position.He has played this position I believe since he picked up a football.He is definitely an athlete, and a smart kid in the classroom.No dummy.While Cody gutted out great games while hurt, he by himself didn't get the team to the semi-finals last year imo.Special teams gets overlooked, and this area we were tons better than the previous year when we went 5-5.Kicker was great, snappers were great, and kickoff and punt coverage was awesome.Just ask Oakland.They couldn't get many yards at all in the playoff game remember.Defense gets left out, but Coach Wells coming on board this past year, was the best hire Coach A has made imo in the last three years.Not only does he know the game very well. but knows how to teach and motivate these young men.I am looking forward to the spring scrimmages.I know all the running backs will be more mature and I should see more leadership this spring out of them.

Nice post SECMAN! GO WARRIORS! :thumb: