Riverdale Offseason Thread!

warhawks

Maybe they are playing in some of the spring sports? Sounds like the coaching staff and our boys have their work cut out for them! Work hard in the summer men! :roflol::lol::lol::lol: GO WARRIORS!

What it sounds like is even if we added the ENTIRE baseball team and a couple of kickers from the soccer team and 4-8 WR's from the track team we would still NOT have the 100+ we usually have out for football.

R'dale STILL has the atheltes, just not the coaching staff that makes them want to come out anymore.

Hated writing that, but it is the plain hard truth.

For the young men that are out it is not hopeless. Just a matter of y'all working harder.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they are playing in some of the spring sports? Sounds like the coaching staff and our boys have their work cut out for them! Work hard in the summer men! ;):thumb:;);) GO WARRIORS!

What it sounds like is even if we added the ENTIRE baseball team and a couple of kickers from the soccer team and 4-8 WR's from the track team we would still NOT have the 100+ we usually have out for football.

R'dale STILL has the atheltes, just not the coaching staff that makes them want to come out anymore.

Hated writing that, but it is the plain hard truth.

For the young men that are out it is not hopeless. Just a matter of y'all working harder.

Those are shockingly low numbers! Nothing wrong with the truth LOD! You are right it is not hopeless! :thumb: The one thing that concerns me and i'm sure you as well LOD is the lack of discipline! That is one of the biggest key ingrediants for the success of any winning program!

Lost Ole Dad must be the most bitter person I have read about on here. You do nothing but tear your school down with no consideration for how it affects the kids. It is very evident that you have a bone to pick with the coaches at Riverdale. Be a man about it and go talk to them or better yet head on down to the board office and apply for a position. Your name sums up you completely in that you are lost in the past. Give it a break and quit tearing down everything that is done in football at Riverdale.

Lost Ole Dad must be the most bitter person I have read about on here. You do nothing but tear your school down with no consideration for how it affects the kids. It is very evident that you have a bone to pick with the coaches at Riverdale. Be a man about it and go talk to them or better yet head on down to the board office and apply for a position. Your name sums up you completely in that you are lost in the past. Give it a break and quit tearing down everything that is done in football at Riverdale.

I do not have to do ANYTHING to tear the program down.......the CURRENT STAFF is doing it all by themselves quite nicely.

I am not bitter, just do NOT like to see a great program turned into a losing one. Talking to staff will accomplish NOTHING as they will not change the direction they are going. Run left, run right, run right up the middle into a box that is LOADED because we do NOT PASS!

If the 'staff' is that upset and wants to talk all they have to do is call. Everyone knows my name and the phone number IS in the book.

Now 'Coach' you brave enough to tell all of us just who you are? dry.gif

Wow, I can remember those exact words used last year dad.I told everyone on here last year we were going to throw the ball more, and look how far our boys went.Last years senior class showed all the underclassmen how to work hard, come together, and how and most importantly, to win again.Our boys will be good this year,despite whatever you hear or see.As I have also stated in my earlier posts, be very patient with our young Qb this year.This kid will get better each and every week of varsity games.Why do I know this?Well I know what kind of competitor this young man is, and he has the skills and what it takes upstairs(if you know what I mean), and he will never quit until he is one of the best QB's in the county.I know a lot of work needs to be done, and he will happen over the summer.

Wow, I can remember those exact words used last year dad.I told everyone on here last year we were going to throw the ball more, and look how far our boys went.Last years senior class showed all the underclassmen how to work hard, come together, and how and most importantly, to win again.Our boys will be good this year,despite whatever you hear or see.As I have also stated in my earlier posts, be very patient with our young Qb this year.This kid will get better each and every week of varsity games.Why do I know this?Well I know what kind of competitor this young man is, and he has the skills and what it takes upstairs(if you know what I mean), and he will never quit until he is one of the best QB's in the county.I know a lot of work needs to be done, and he will happen over the summer.

SECMAN, I do NOT doubt the young mans (QB) heart or ability, what I have a problem with is a coach who will NOT call a pass play and insists on running an offense that NO ONE has won a gold ball in 5 or 6A in this state. Yes, I know they win with it in Georgia, but this is NOT Georgia.

I also have a problem with folks who want to get on here and tell me how and what to posts but do not have the guts to say who they are and "WHY" I am wrong. I will NOT tell kids they are a great team when they are not. You can lie to kids if you want to, but I will not. I would rather tell them the truth and work their tails off until they are a great team.

Coach A, for the last time from me. You are the coach and NOT their 'friend' and this is not Metro!

I do not have to do ANYTHING to tear the program down.......the CURRENT STAFF is doing it all by themselves quite nicely.

I am not bitter, just do NOT like to see a great program turned into a losing one. Talking to staff will accomplish NOTHING as they will not change the direction they are going. Run left, run right, run right up the middle into a box that is LOADED because we do NOT PASS!

If the 'staff' is that upset and wants to talk all they have to do is call. Everyone knows my name and the phone number IS in the book.

Now 'Coach' you brave enough to tell all of us just who you are? dry.gif

as a blackman guy...i hope you are right LOD...but i'll belive it when i see it...until i see it...riverdale will be one of the best teams in our district...only 6 months ago they were one of 4 teams left standing in the whole state of 6A...good gracious how quickly we forget!

Thanks PBD, that is exactly the point I was trying to get across.Just ask Blackman,siegel, and especially Oakland who ended their season last year.Riverdale was one of four teams left in the playoffs last year.Well I would just like to say a big thank you to this years graduating class of football seniors.The whole senior class this year brought back the chop to Riverdale, and good luck to everyone in your future endeavors.CAN"T STOP THE CHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lost old dog why dont you find another school to trash. Its clear that Riverdale doen't need or want you around. From what I've heard you & your son are wannabees from Smyrna. GET OVER IT & GO ROOT FOR SMYRNA OR SOMEONE ELSE.

you have heard incorrectly...His son was actually a really good lineman...LOD did graduate from Smyrna but his son was a WARRIOR through and through and was a good lineman for the WARRIORS and I believe he has a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP ring for his hard work...I like LOD he is a good guy so i want to keep him around