Riverdale Offseason Thread!

warhawks

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Win or lose dont matter. We watch high school football to support the kids and coaches that give all their time so you can have something to be proud of. The reason KIDS dont want to work their tails off is because people critize when they lose and they gave 100% because you want their program to win. It's not us that should matter but them, give them a pat on the back when they gave it all and still lost. I love my high school and proudly support them win or lose, even when I don't agree how the coach does or how a kid plays, but I am not the one out there giving my all, the players are. Be more supportive of these high school and the abilities that demostrate.

Winning or losing may not matter to you, but we USED to teach our kids how to be WINNERS all the time, both on the field and off. How they do is not a subject we are discussing as we are always proud of the young men.

It is their 'leadership' I am questioning, and from the amounts of young men quitting it is evidently a concern they have as well.

In the English Parliment what is happening is a big vote of NO CONFIDENCE in the current leadership.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself!!

rapidjohn, Why? Just because I do not agree with you and am not ready to kiss up to the current coaching staff? The problems are NOT the players fault.

I am not ashamed for telling the truth, and never will.

OK..............how obdurate and imperious.

Hmm! I was thinking opinionative "windjammer"

Win or lose dont matter. We watch high school football to support the kids and coaches that give all their time so you can have something to be proud of. The reason KIDS dont want to work their tails off is because people critize when they lose and they gave 100% because you want their program to win. It's not us that should matter but them, give them a pat on the back when they gave it all and still lost. I love my high school and proudly support them win or lose, even when I don't agree how the coach does or how a kid plays, but I am not the one out there giving my all, the players are. Be more supportive of these high school and the abilities that demostrate.

Winning or losing may not matter to you, but we USED to teach our kids how to be WINNERS all the time, both on the field and off. How they do is not a subject we are discussing as we are always proud of the young men.

It is their 'leadership' I am questioning, and from the amounts of young men quitting it is evidently a concern they have as well.

In the English Parliment what is happening is a big vote of NO CONFIDENCE in the current leadership.

Sorry I thought you were taking it out on the players. But you should support the Schools decision on who they chose as the head coach and coaching staff. Coffee Co went through this spell last year where players were down and everybody was being hard on the coach. You got to remember that the players read stuff on the net too, they hear every word the Adults say so if we are critical on a coach, team, school they will be too, when I was a teenager I hated to lose so to hear about losing and hear discouraging things about the program affected me and it affects the players today just as much.

I never blame players for things they have NO control over.

As to the current coaching staff, I will say nothing more until after week 10. Hopefully my prediction for this year will be wrong.

If I am wrong, I WILL apologize. If I am NOT wrong, I WILL expect public apologies on here from others this year that insist I don't know what I am talking about.

Lost---You still havent said who is supposedly quiting, why they are quiting, etc. What should the coaches be doing that they are supposedly not doing? You also still havent said how Riverdale did before Rankin? You always say how Riverdale has so many athletes. How come Riverdale hasnt won boys basketball, boys wrestling, boys track, boys soccer, and baseball championships more often? I know baseball has been solid but how about all of the other sports? Those athletes should be winning all the other sports since they arent winning football right? Riverdale once had the cream of the crop in athletes and coaching. It was a great mix. Add in the growing areas of Blackman and Siegel and the athletes were spread out. Rankin saw it and left. Coach A has developed the players around his system and last year you went to the Semi-finals. Pretty darn good if you ask me. I know a lot of teams that would have loved to have been there. Who in your opinion would do a good job since you obviously dont think coach A is?

Riverdale's past football success prior to Rankin can be summed up as being slightly above average. I must agree with LOD......Aydelott has not been a good fit. He should have won the state in 2007 and 2008 with what Rankin had developed. What does Aydelott do????? He gets beaten by Smyrna a team he had blown out two weeks earlier by 49 points, and in 2008 he gets blown out by Wilson Central a team he had thouroughly beaten two weeks earlier.

I will still like to know the exact number of kid's that have quit.Lost, I am waiting for a number.I feel like the number I posted earlier may be all that actually quit, but I hopefully will get an answer from you later.

The 'rumor' I have heard is 4. Two of which are 'supposed' to be starters. Right now I haven't heard the names because the son is in the field with NO phone contact right now. Unfortunately the US Army thinks fighting wars is more important than Tn High School football. :thumb: