Tennessean Midstate Poll

Ticket

GIRLS POLL

1. LaVergne (8-0) — Lady Wolverines stay perfect with victory over BGA.

2. Clarksville (9-0) — Sophomore Bashaara Graves leads strong start.

3. Mt. Juliet (7-0) — Hosts Riverdale on Tuesday.

4. Lawrence Co. (8-1) — Aryanna Gilbert, Jordyn Luffman provide 1-2 punch.

5. Jackson Co. (7-0) — Pair of AAA wins part of Lady Blue Devils' streak.

6. Blackman (5-0) — Rematch with visiting Shelbyville is Tuesday.

7. Riverdale (5-2) — Saturday win over Hillsboro completes two-game sweep.

8. Cannon Co. (9-0) — Recent wins over Forrest, 8-AA rival Livingston Acad.

9. Forrest (7-2) — Beth Hawn scores 28 in win over Moore Co.

10. Clarkrange (6-3) — Back-to-back 7-A games (Monterey, Pickett) open week.

Thoughts?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

1. La Vergne (14-0) — LaQuinta Jefferson comes back in Mobile tourney win.

2. Clarksville (11-3) — Lady 'Cats lose twice in Illinois with top scorers injured.

3. Blackman (11-1) — Lady Blaze suffer first loss in FRA tournament final.

4. Lawrence Co. (14-2) — After second loss to Blackman, wins Smyrna tournament.

5. Riverdale (8-2) — Ends more than two-week break tonight at Lincoln Co.

6. Mt. Juliet (13-1) — Six consecutive wins include Greenbank championship.

7. Cannon Co. (13-0) — Wins Sonic Shootout at White Co. to stay perfect.

8. Jackson Co. (12-2) — Travels Tuesday to Cumberland Plateau rival Upperman.

9. CPA (13-3) — Wins three straight after two-point loss to Shelbyville.

10. East Literature (11-3) — Last two losses vs. AAA foes; faces Lipscomb Tuesday.

1. La Vergne (14-0) — LaQuinta Jefferson comes back in Mobile tourney win.

2. Clarksville (11-3) — Lady 'Cats lose twice in Illinois with top scorers injured.

3. Blackman (11-1) — Lady Blaze suffer first loss in FRA tournament final.

4. Lawrence Co. (14-2) — After second loss to Blackman, wins Smyrna tournament.

5. Riverdale (8-2) — Ends more than two-week break tonight at Lincoln Co.

6. Mt. Juliet (13-1) — Six consecutive wins include Greenbank championship.

7. Cannon Co. (13-0) — Wins Sonic Shootout at White Co. to stay perfect.

8. Jackson Co. (12-2) — Travels Tuesday to Cumberland Plateau rival Upperman.

9. CPA (13-3) — Wins three straight after two-point loss to Shelbyville.

10. East Literature (11-3) — Last two losses vs. AAA foes; faces Lipscomb Tuesday.

Not a bad top ten, but how can you leave Upperman off of it? Cannon Co. hasn't played anyone to this point in the season so until they beat someone that is of relevence they wouldn't be in my top ten. Here is how it should look, a more realistic view that is...

#1 Blackman

#2 Lawrence Co.

#3 Mt. Juliet

#4 Jackson Co.

#5 Upperman

#6 La Vergne (another team that hasn't played any top level teams)

#7 Riverdale

#8 and below can be any number of teams including Shelbyville which would beat most of these teams that would be listed from here on out

midtensportsfan...Cannon County is pretty good who beat LA. Now are you saying LA is not a significant team??

Not this year sorry partner. LA is down this year thus far but they always play good come tournament time, but as far as top ten no they aren't in that classification :roflolk:

Keep believing that.... Cannon is legit.

Hey dill weed, LA is a significant tournament team, bet on that. AS is Cannon County. 8AA will finish with either LA/CC atop and Upperman third. See you Friday.
Hey king I admire your grit and most of the time agree with you but if Cannon or LA overlook Upperman it will be a big mistake, because those girls hustle and attack the basket as good as anyone we have played this year, so I'm believing any of those three will be a handfull for the other.

senator...No body will overlook Upperman. King, i think, was giving midten a hard time. Cannon is very good. Any of the three could finish atop 8-AA. We will see what we are made of cause we finish the regular season at Cannon then at Upperman. But alot of ball between now and then. LA will need to play good ball Friday night...I will see you then! :roflolk:

Hey dill weed, LA is a significant tournament team, bet on that. AS is Cannon County. 8AA will finish with either LA/CC atop and Upperman third. See you Friday.
Hey king I admire your grit and most of the time agree with you but if Cannon or LA overlook Upperman it will be a big mistake, because those girls hustle and attack the basket as good as anyone we have played this year, so I'm believing any of those three will be a handfull for the other.

I have to agree with Senator. This week will be an indication, using Jackson Co. as the benchmark.

From the silence in all 8-AA camps I think it's safe to say no one is overlooking anyone. Cannon Co and coach Dodgen may not have the toughest schedule, but undefeated to this point gets my respect. :thumb: Any team that goes to LA and comes home with a win is legit period!!! If you don't believe me put them on your schedules next year and see how it taste. :thumb:

Some great games in the Upper Cumberland this week so get out from behind those keyboards and support ladies basketball!!!!!!

Good Luck to All!!!!

Go Bees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!