LA vs. Dekalb

Thing1

It was a good win on the road for a young team. Realistically, the Cats are young. But, they have a great coach that will motivate them to only get better all year long. I do see this team in the final eight at the end. They will only get better, but right now they are still looking to hit their stride. They will only grow and get better as the season goes along.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was no can opened tonite! LA was LUCKY with a win and yes I said LUCKY! Turnovers made by Dekalb against themselves not forced by LA I think was the difference. I may be wrong, and I am sure I will told that I am. LA's defence was not what I expected also the rebounding. Not a very good game on either side or not what I would have expected. :thumb:

Whats wrong sweetwater? Did we not get enough hugs growing up or has LA's dominance in 8aa made your sweetwater turn sour? I did pick LA by 20+ and did say they would open a can. I was wrong but we did win and LA is the best team in 8aa. So just get in line and take your spanking again, by 1 point or 20 its still a win WOOOOOOH!! :thumb:

----- oldkodger you are correct. My mother did not hold me as much as I think she should have! My sweetwater is still running sweet. You are also correct in saying that a win is a win. But believe me I would not walk across a muddy field to watch a game with the (quote) BEST TEAM IN 8AA! Come on now give me a full report and tell me the truth. I am a big boy I can take it. :|

It was a good win on the road for a young team. Realistically, the Cats are young. But, they have a great coach that will motivate them to only get better all year long. I do see this team in the final eight at the end. They will only get better, but right now they are still looking to hit their stride. They will only grow and get better as the season goes along.

All right King...I think you were huffing too much of the Tide w/ Bleach washing those uni's! Because earlier you stated how Cannon got outcoached, however, they went on the road and went to the wire with one of the "top 8" teams in the AA State! Did Dekalb get "outcoached" too, just because they lost? Stick to water bottles, not breaking down coaches performances! I think Coach M is a fine coach who deserves all the success he has produced over the years, but don't go throw the "outcoached" term around when you know nothing about the opposing coaches: CC, DC, JCM, Melrose, York, etc.

Congratulations on calling me out, feel better?

Yes, IMO, Cannon got outcoached. You won't hear that for DeKalb though, as Martin does a really good job.

As for me and what I do, feel free to leave your name and number, and we can talk about what I do, but until then, keep it to basketball punk.

(BTW: I'm taking the same path your girls coach took to get to where he is. Him and I get along fairly well, so feel free to talk to him about those uni's and water bottles.)

Congratulations on calling me out, feel better?

Yes, IMO, Cannon got outcoached. You won't hear that for DeKalb though, as Martin does a really good job.

As for me and what I do, feel free to leave your name and number, and we can talk about what I do, but until then, keep it to basketball punk.

(BTW: I'm taking the same path your girls coach took to get to where he is. Him and I get along fairly well, so feel free to talk to him about those uni's and water bottles.)

I do call people idiots, I agree, but only for idiotic reasons, make sense?

As for an apology, not necessary, I've done worse and not apologized, I just ask that you look into a person and who they are before trying to "pick fun" at them.

I did say Rigsby was outcoached, it's in print somewhere on the boards. I won't deny it. Did I say he was horrendous? No. I said he simply got outcoached and explained why. As stated on a girls thread, its my opinion and it is not your obligation to agree with it, and I understand that. No hard feelings.

As for the district, it will be interesting. Cannon needs a player to step up. Livingston needs to grow. DeKalb needs a post game, and I have no clue about Upperman (for once.) It will be interesting, but I do see LA on top again.

I do call people idiots, I agree, but only for idiotic reasons, make sense?

As for an apology, not necessary, I've done worse and not apologized, I just ask that you look into a person and who they are before trying to "pick fun" at them.

I did say Rigsby was outcoached, it's in print somewhere on the boards. I won't deny it. Did I say he was horrendous? No. I said he simply got outcoached and explained why. As stated on a girls thread, its my opinion and it is not your obligation to agree with it, and I understand that. No hard feelings.

As for the district, it will be interesting. Cannon needs a player to step up. Livingston needs to grow. DeKalb needs a post game, and I have no clue about Upperman (for once.) It will be interesting, but I do see LA on top again.

Pulled the post...my bad again. Back to basketball, we'll disagree about the outcoached thing, I had a point ot prove and did it poorly, so I'll move on. I fully agree however about Upperman, no one knows about them, so that is a scary thing! Who has them first LA or us?

whats up bigdaddy glad LA pulled the past two games out didn't play well espesially against dekalb , i listen to broadcast on radio and sounded like the wildcats missed some layups and both teams had numerous turnoers and dekalb missed a lot of free throws but a ugly win is sometimes nessasary to get to where your going.Things looking up again health wise on my end and I hope yours is too , hope to see you soon.

Hey senator...first things first...glad things are looking up for you!!! :thumb:

Now...LA. Whew! They are so talented and so good just havent got a full 4 quarters of what their trying to accomplish in yet. Showed spurts of a good team in the games I have seen, thinking the Cannon Co. game was their best yet. Now as far as Dekalb....they are a team of hustlers. I think most of these boys have been together for a while and they just get after you pretty good. I think they hit 10 3's against us..that always helps too. And going to Dekalb and getting a win is not an easy thing no matter what things look like on paper.. LA has a way to go but fortunately the season is early and I believe they will get there. Its just going to be a "dog fight" every night LA goes out in district play and even out of the district with long time rivals. Good luck to you all and looking forward to seeing you too!

----- oldkodger you are correct. My mother did not hold me as much as I think she should have! My sweetwater is still running sweet. You are also correct in saying that a win is a win. But believe me I would not walk across a muddy field to watch a game with the (quote) BEST TEAM IN 8AA! Come on now give me a full report and tell me the truth. I am a big boy I can take it. :thumb:

I never said there wasnt good teams in our district. It looks like 8aa is represnted well this year. I just stated we are the best in our district and prob region! As for walking across a muddy field to watch a game that is your choice. I will follow our boys to the Borro! GO HOGEYE!!!

I'm a little lost on others refering to you washing uniforms. I'm not sure what that means. I do feel sure that you think LA is going to get better.