Lake Co Falcons

lcwildfalcon

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, Mr. Big, Coach Whitby might be putting them boys through these game situations for a reason. He might be wanting to know how they react to certain situations. Wanting to know who he can count on in a clutch situation. He is smarter tham the average bear.

Well DCfan..You could be right But the guys I'm talking about arent going to be put in any cluth situations..I promise you that..I wasnt talking about any of the top ten..These were the 11 through 15 players..It would be like Coach McCord putting in the 5 starters on this years Northview middle school team..Not last years with Jamaal or Robert Hubbs..I'm talking about this years team..I dont think Coach McCord would play them in the second quarter of a game..Maybe at the end or last quarter when you know the game is in hand..I like seing all the kids play..

Yea we want that dyer county coach before Mccord.lol That was the biggest empty gym that i've ever seen.

007 why don't you send him an e-mail? I'm sure he will leave David Lispcomb (NCAA D1 school) and come to LC.

I love how people bash him. "He wasn't a good coach they didn't win." Look at the rosters from his 2 seasons there and the ones after. Tell me what Coach in TN wouldn't win with what DC had in 05-06.

Don't take this as a bashing of McCord he is winning games and is probably filling sets. (I can't say as I haven't been this season)

He also changed the schedule (no 13AA). Angie would have won more games this year in 13AAA. However this thread is about LC. LC does not have the horses it has had in the past years. SO Whitby as he always does has a purpose. Like it or not he will tell you all about it just ASK!

We'll know in about two days if Lake Co has the horses as in the past..We have some good players but no..at this time..not as talented..but too early to tell..!

No I didn't say that and I will NEVER say that cause he got the boot (cause he was losing games) before his chance.

Are you really so blind to think he got the boot? He left on his own, everyone in school knew who had been enrolled for the next season and a few other kids that people didn't even know about. Those kids visited the school game to a open gym or 2 and were ready to come to DC. He left the kids changed their minds. Again I'm not bashing McCord. I know you think I am. McCord is the all time favorite coach at DC. He will be, probably, forever. He will win more games than any coach will at DC. He will, and has had, more consistent talent. His style of play is player and fan friendly. I am glad DC is getting this recognition statewide. However, until he wins a gold ball to go with all those W's and sends some kids to college(that actually stay in college and get a degree) it will be all for naught. I don't think he has the respect of his fellow coaches. A few others have told me he doesn't have the respect of his colleagues. Don't get me wrong coaches, especially Coach Hopkins, didn't have respect from there colleagues. The administration hated Coach Hopkins, and began to look the same way at Coach Froedden, because they didn't bow to them. I am not saying McCord does this. But when you win games it clears alot of problems and people look over many things. Froedden deserves more respect than he is being given. He was in a dog fight the whole time at DC. Coach Hopkins didn't leave the program in a very good state. As much as I like him and liked playing for him he was forced out and became bitter over his last few seasons there.

Sorry LC people for the rant.

A few seasons ago I was talking with Coach Whitby before a game at West Carroll. I was trying to pick his brain on some things, you know me being a young coach and him being a legend and all. He didn't seem to be all there. I know he had some kind of health trouble and hadn't been the same since. He is getting old and it seems like his players know it and are just running over him.

By the way what happened to Russel Avery? Is he playing ball anywhere?

Warmmachine...I heard he wasnt playing anywhere..Just hanging around Lake Co..I never see Russel at any of the games..even when he played for Lake Co..never saw him at any of the middle school games or other high school games in the area like some of the other Lake Co players.I do see his Dad at all the games..I'll ask him tonight...

is everyone happy now that we won by 44 points. We layed the hammer down.

So I guess Lake County isn't gonna make the coaching change to 007 :roflol:

I still want 007

007 is in demand! I know, I know, everyone want 007 as a coach. I want to coach against the best like Legend and Adsmom. I will get my all-star staff together with Bigster and Chipper.lol Chipper might not want the job here in lc but he will have the first shot at the job. Maybe if he don't want it i will go for Yankee but Yankee don't know where Lc is located.lol J/k Yankee I know Give me Red16, He has made me laugh alot on these boards. Red16 ur on 007's staff. This all-star staff will put to shame the staff that was put together in Knoxville by far. Book it Lc wins State from now on in single a with 007 in charge. So Sisco and the Temples of the Single a world get ready, 007 is layin down the Hammer on everyone in his way. I will take the State by storm!

007 for President in 2012 my Vice President will be Bigster. And the dog catcher will be Adsmom.lol

007.....I think you were doing pretty good until that last comment..Adsmom hasnt posted yet but I think she's on reading and I expect a reply..You've been wanting to hear from her..I believe you will..Adsmom and me go back a long way..May just see if she wants to visit the old Lake Co gym one night and tend to 007 in person..lol..

007.....I think you were doing pretty good until that last comment..Adsmom hasnt posted yet but I think she's on reading and I expect a reply..You've been wanting to hear from her..I believe you will..Adsmom and me go back a long way..May just see if she wants to visit the old Lake Co gym one night and tend to 007 in person..lol..

007 ant scared.lol... I will lay the Hammer Down on adsmom if she tryies any monkey business in the House that 007 built.lol

I went to the game last night against Fulton City and once again it was a case of the same scenarios that have played out over the past several seasons.Coach Whitby is considered a legend in Tenn high school basketball but he's not the same coach now.More and more I hear grumblings in the stands.Yes.Lake Co is winning but isnt being coached.He pretty well lets the players jack up any kind of shots they want.They don't play hard and instead of laying the hammer down,play too soft.Coach doesnt realize that certain players should be bringing the ball down the floor instead of a couple that keeps doing it and losing control.I watched them against Greenfield.Lake Co was quicker and had more talent and when you watched Greenfield play,saw that they would screen and backdoor for easy layups.Had to work for their shots.They were coached..just dont have the overall talent . Lake Co just wants to run and jack up shots.That's fine.But keep on hustling.not relax when you get a 20 point lead.Last night I went to watch the Fulton City game and it was the worst coahing I've seen in years.Coach Whitby didnt start two of his usual startes in Patrick Robertson and Ricky Boyd and that's fine..he's the coach..Lake Co had about a 18-6 and then he put in a second five..Partick and Ricky were in this group..I thought..maybe he wants to keep a couple starters in with the second teamers..It worked..Lake Co went up 41-22 with them in the game and with 2 minutes left in the first half decided to put in the 3rd string.I havent seen them play this year.Within 45 seconds.Fulton City stole the ball about 6 times in a row in a 60 second span and Fulton City pulled within 41-34 and he never made a move..Lake Co never scored with this bunch in the game for 2 and a half minutes and couldnt even get the ball past mid court.I guess he thought Fulton City was about like a middle school team and Lake Co could put his staters back in for the 3rd quarter and just pull away.He put the starting five back in that started the game ,and one of them,although is 6'5...has never played basketball..is very slow in his foot work..but for some reason, the coaches seem to think he must be a Lebron James.He started in football also..was too slow there also..I kinda wonder if his mother works at Lake Co schools.But I do think he had about 4 points..Anyway.Lake Co would go back up by 12 and seem to coast again or Patrick would shoot a long three since Lake Co had a 12 point lead.Another air ball..Then he shot again.He hit the rim this time.Next thing I knew.Fulton City had a 1 point lead and several in the Lake Co crowd started cheering for Futlon City.But the thing is.Coach Cisco would have beaten this team by at least 40 points.Lake Co wants to coast against the so called teams they think they'll beat ..I believe it's time for a coaching change.The school officials should see that he's not capaple.whether for health reasons.I've heard that he's been told this is his last year.dont know if that's true though.I have no idea.But I also dont think it's fair to the fans to pay maybe 20 dollars for a family of four and not at least see an effort from the players.

HUmmmm...... Yea a coach change is what we need. The years before Whitby were outstanding to say the least. I mean a good year was what 18-14? We used to lose to teams like Halls, Trenton , South Fulton, and Greenfield every year just about. And teams like Union City and Humboldt used to drill us by 40. Now we compeat with those teams. How many 30 win season have we had before Whitby? Don't say talent has never been better at lc. Lc has always had talent. You better think twice before asking for a coaching change. Who do u have in mind? Do u think just any coach will do? Ask Trenton if they would like to trade coaches, They would in a heartbeat. Trenton looks horrible. Very poorly coached. I'm not sayin that Whitby is the Same Whitby but if u look at the wins he still knows how to get them. Plus i do see improvement in Lake County since the first week of the season. I don't agree with everything he does but i think were goin to be in the thick of things come the end of feb. and into March. Remember these games don't mean anything. U think i'm goin to lose sleep over Fulton city?ha. I really think it's good for the starters to have to play in close games. If we laid the Hammer down, what would we prove? I will tell u, nothing. We could have won by 25 to 30 easy. But I think that last night game was good for the players. To over come adveristy. And they overcame. This team will be alot better come the first of the year. And i'm not even considering the players that might become eligable. I believe that this core of players will be better come Jan. than they are right now by a long shot. I could be wrong but i have a feeling about it. Sorry about my rant but i will stick by Lc. and whitby. Bigster ur still my guy.lol I know how u feel about the coaching and it's funny to say the least but I would love to see us come the new year. I predict a improved lc. : )

Doesn't your son play at Trenton?

How many 30 win season have we had before Whitby? Don't say talent has never been better at lc. Lc has always had talent.

I can go back to several years after I played that Lake Co didnt have much talent at all..Maybe 1 player but those teams werent going to beat Union City with Stanley Caldwell and Rodney Bonds at Union City.Lake Co is looking better ..The talent is there..Not questioning the talent..This team is very quick..Beat South Fulton the other night 95-51..Believe Union City beat South Fulton by about 10 to 12 points..Had Bradford last night at the half 55-15..Emptied the bench the second half..Played the 3rd stringers about the whole 4th quarter..Still won by about 30..I'm fine with those guys playing..As londg as I know the win is in hand for sure..I dont care if we only win by 10 points..But I dont like seeing it in the second quarter when a 20 point lead suddenly becomes 8 points and the momentum is gone and the lead the starters had worked to get was gone..Like you said..We should probably find out today if the other two players are going to be eligible..I hear the Swift kid can really get up but we know if Cody Taylor becomes eligible..Lake Co just became better by maybe 14 points a game just on his defensive presence as far as blocking shots and rebounding..A lot of shots we see teams trying under the basket will end up in the bleachers..And will probably see a few slams off of rebounds..Yes..We just may be better ..I'm holding my breath..!

No I didn't say that and I will NEVER say that cause he got the boot (cause he was losing games) before his chance.

Are you really so blind to think he got the boot? He left on his own, everyone in school knew who had been enrolled for the next season and a few other kids that people didn't even know about. Those kids visited the school game to a open gym or 2 and were ready to come to DC. He left the kids changed their minds. Again I'm not bashing McCord. I know you think I am. McCord is the all time favorite coach at DC. He will be, probably, forever. He will win more games than any coach will at DC. He will, and has had, more consistent talent. His style of play is player and fan friendly. I am glad DC is getting this recognition statewide. However, until he wins a gold ball to go with all those W's and sends some kids to college(that actually stay in college and get a degree) it will be all for naught. I don't think he has the respect of his fellow coaches. A few others have told me he doesn't have the respect of his colleagues. Don't get me wrong coaches, especially Coach Hopkins, didn't have respect from there colleagues. The administration hated Coach Hopkins, and began to look the same way at Coach Froedden, because they didn't bow to them. I am not saying McCord does this. But when you win games it clears alot of problems and people look over many things. Froedden deserves more respect than he is being given. He was in a dog fight the whole time at DC. Coach Hopkins didn't leave the program in a very good state. As much as I like him and liked playing for him he was forced out and became bitter over his last few seasons there.

Sorry LC people for the rant.

A few seasons ago I was talking with Coach Whitby before a game at West Carroll. I was trying to pick his brain on some things, you know me being a young coach and him being a legend and all. He didn't seem to be all there. I know he had some kind of health trouble and hadn't been the same since. He is getting old and it seems like his players know it and are just running over him.

Want me to get the reason he left from the administration? I really doubt it was cause he wanted to leave a program he just came into! How many gold balls (or basketball games for that matter) did Froedden win/send kids to college? Just curious since you know everything about the GREATEST COACH in DC HISTORY!!

McCord is sending kids to college. CJ, DeJuan, & Justin are all playing ball in college. The gold ball was in arms length 2 years in a row and the 3rd I won't comment on! Not many coaches like other coaches that build a winning program. Key example: Hopkins! Other coaches liked Froedden I WONDER WHY!