Dresden Lady Lions

balldaddy

This past week I sat in the crowd at Dresden games. Monday night was Gleason and Tuesday night was Mckenzie. I usually don't sit on the lower levels but I did these two games. I soon figured out why I don't. Monday night Dresden tried to run and gun with Gleason and gave up 18 points the first quarter. The second and third quarters saw Dresden slow the tempo and even had a one point lead after three. I believe the score was 26 - 25. Seven points in two quarters was pretty good, I thought. Dresden looked good and was very patient. However, I can't figure out why Dresden fans were yelling shoot at like every player as quick as they could. It is like they are more concerned with their interested party getting points than in winning than game. Dresden did wind up getting beat by 13, but they did have to start fouling and Gleason hit their free throws. Tuesday night, it was the same story. Dresden beats Mckenzie by 15 and fans are yelling to shoot. The reason they had a 15 point lead was because of PATIENCE. Patience will lead to QUALITY shots and not quantity. Dresden has like 10 players on the team. I believe only like seven play. You can not run and gun with seven players. You better have some patience and take your time on offense and get some good shots. If you want to see Dresden get drilled than fire it up as quick as possible. I will quit rambling with this name, Kayla Hudson. Coach Frazier won with one real good player because of fundamentals and patience. I remember seeing fans boo because play was slow, on the other team of course. It was so funny because the other team could not do anything about it. You play to win the game, not please statistics. Coach West is doing a great job with the hand he has been dealt and it would be beneficial for the fans to help instead of hurt.

I understand where you are coming from. Most fans want their little Johnny or little Sally to be high scorer and thats all that matters. The team should be every players and fans ultimate goal but that's not the case in the majority of people. A team has role players and they are just as important as the shooters, everybody cant be the high scorer. A good pass to set up a basket in my eyes is just as important as the basket.

The example you gave about Kayla Hudson is a great example. Gleason had the best player in the state that year and Coach Frazier built his team around her. Everybody on the team accepted their role and it was ok for Kayla to be the star. It wasnt flashy or showy but it was effective and it brought home the Gold Ball which should be the ultimate goal. I think it was Randy's best coaching job, he made you play his game.