Gallatin vs Canton McKinley Ohio opening game 2010

GWAVE1

Is this going to be a 'Home and Home' where some of us down here can finally see some of that vaunted Ohio power? I saw some of it at Worthington-Kilburn and wasn't impressed. Especially the next year when they did NOT fulfill their part of the bargain and travel here.

Nope. LOD this is a one year contract. But you are more than welcome to go with us! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Is this going to be a 'Home and Home' where some of us down here can finally see some of that vaunted Ohio power? I saw some of it at Worthington-Kilburn and wasn't impressed. Especially the next year when they did NOT fulfill their part of the bargain and travel here.

Lol Dad, Kilbourne is far, far away from being an Ohio "power" :roflol: . '04 and '05 were the two best years back to back in school history, with the semifinals in '99 and '04 as far as they have ever been in the playoffs. Their are many better Div l schools than Kilbourne. They are in the weakest region in Div l, which has won 5 titles in 38 yrs of playoffs, and 1(2009) in the last 10 yrs. Let's compare that programs' place as a "power" in Ohio football with Riverdales' place as a "power" in TN. Coming into the game, they were either state champs or runner-up five straight years, with a 70-game region winning streak that ended in the semis that year. Like comparing apples to oranges :thumb: , a very favorable matchup for Riverdale. If they wantedto schedule an Ohio power, they could have shaved 2+ hrs off the bus ride and scheduled Cincinnati Colerain, Elder or St Xavier in Cincinnati alone. Colerain is the same team that handed Kilbourne their 31 pt loss in the semis in '04 on their way to outscoring opponents 700-98 (15 games)for the year, beating Canton McKinley 50-10 in the championship. :cry: St Xavier has done nothing but play the toughest schedule in the nation for 6-8 years now, ranked ridiculously higher than anyone else in the country. In '07, all they did was schedule five state champions, with 4 of those 5 repeating in '07. They beat Prattville(Ala), Indy Cathedral(Indiana), Don Bosco(NJ) before losing to Louisville Trinity. 3-1 against 4 other state champs......then went 1-5 against Ohio teams. Tells you a little about that "vaunted" Ohio power. Again, if they wanted :roflol: to schedule an Ohio power, they are out there, and playing many Riverdale type teams every year. If you are really interested in seeing some top teams play, IM me and I will show you where to find these games streaming on the web.

If they wantedto schedule an Ohio power, they could have shaved 2+ hrs off the bus ride and scheduled Cincinnati Colerain, Elder or St Xavier in Cincinnati alone. Colerain is the same team that handed Kilbourne their 31 pt loss in the semis in '04 on their way to outscoring opponents 700-98 (15 games)for the year, beating Canton McKinley 50-10 in the championship. :roflol: St Xavier has done nothing but play the toughest schedule in the nation for 6-8 years now, ranked ridiculously higher than anyone else in the country. In '07, all they did was schedule five state champions, with 4 of those 5 repeating in '07. They beat Prattville(Ala), Indy Cathedral(Indiana), Don Bosco(NJ) before losing to Louisville Trinity. 3-1 against 4 other state champs......then went 1-5 against Ohio teams.

While I agree with the premise (i.e., Kilbourne is , relatively, not an Ohio "power"), it's interesting seeing a Colerain mentioned as a Cincinnati/Ohio power and not a Moeller, or even a Princeton. I guess it all depends on what time period one considers. If we're talking the past decade, then Colerain falls in that category. If we're talking all-time, there is no way a Colerain would be mentioned before a Moeller or Princeton (one could even argue squeezing Elder out for those two). I'd venture to say the main thing Colerain, Elder, and X have over Moeller and Princeton is longevity, as Moeller and Princeton probably are not as old. My guess is Moeller's and Princeton's winning % and title appearances, relative to how long they have played, trump the other three. But, seeing that we're talking about current scheduling, then those three Cincy schools would certainly be strong ones.

"Louisville Trinity"...they may have Ohio slightly figured out (I know they also handed Elder its only loss in '02), but one may say they have some work to do down here to knock us over.

Lol Dad, Kilbourne is far, far away from being an Ohio "power" :roflolk: . '04 and '05 were the two best years back to back in school history, with the semifinals in '99 and '04 as far as they have ever been in the playoffs. Their are many better Div l schools than Kilbourne. They are in the weakest region in Div l, which has won 5 titles in 38 yrs of playoffs, and 1(2009) in the last 10 yrs. Let's compare that programs' place as a "power" in Ohio football with Riverdales' place as a "power" in TN. Coming into the game, they were either state champs or runner-up five straight years, with a 70-game region winning streak that ended in the semis that year. Like comparing apples to oranges ;) , a very favorable matchup for Riverdale. If they wantedto schedule an Ohio power, they could have shaved 2+ hrs off the bus ride and scheduled Cincinnati Colerain, Elder or St Xavier in Cincinnati alone. Colerain is the same team that handed Kilbourne their 31 pt loss in the semis in '04 on their way to outscoring opponents 700-98 (15 games)for the year, beating Canton McKinley 50-10 in the championship. ;) St Xavier has done nothing but play the toughest schedule in the nation for 6-8 years now, ranked ridiculously higher than anyone else in the country. In '07, all they did was schedule five state champions, with 4 of those 5 repeating in '07. They beat Prattville(Ala), Indy Cathedral(Indiana), Don Bosco(NJ) before losing to Louisville Trinity. 3-1 against 4 other state champs......then went 1-5 against Ohio teams. Tells you a little about that "vaunted" Ohio power. Again, if they wanted :oops: to schedule an Ohio power, they are out there, and playing many Riverdale type teams every year. If you are really interested in seeing some top teams play, IM me and I will show you where to find these games streaming on the web.

I agree that Kilbourn was not that good in 2005 when R'dale went there to play them and it was 2006 that Kilbourn did not honor their commitment to come here and play us. I will also agree that Ohio has some good teams. Most of which are PRIVATES that offer scholarships for really good players. Thing is they win THERE with 'home cooking' as they seem to not want to travel like the out of state teams that play them.

Main thing is while there are some good Ohio teams, there is NOTHING there to be scared of for Tn schools. Once you get by the hype, here and there teams can only have eleven on the field at any time.

BTW I have seen some of those 'streaming' games. While good they are NOT the best I have ever seen on a high school field. Hoover in Ala, a couple of schools in Fla and California come to mind and a BUNCH from Texas. :roll:

Lol Dad, Kilbourne is far, far away from being an Ohio "power" :roflol: . '04 and '05 were the two best years back to back in school history, with the semifinals in '99 and '04 as far as they have ever been in the playoffs. Their are many better Div l schools than Kilbourne. They are in the weakest region in Div l, which has won 5 titles in 38 yrs of playoffs, and 1(2009) in the last 10 yrs. Let's compare that programs' place as a "power" in Ohio football with Riverdales' place as a "power" in TN. Coming into the game, they were either state champs or runner-up five straight years, with a 70-game region winning streak that ended in the semis that year. Like comparing apples to oranges :o , a very favorable matchup for Riverdale. If they wantedto schedule an Ohio power, they could have shaved 2+ hrs off the bus ride and scheduled Cincinnati Colerain, Elder or St Xavier in Cincinnati alone. Colerain is the same team that handed Kilbourne their 31 pt loss in the semis in '04 on their way to outscoring opponents 700-98 (15 games)for the year, beating Canton McKinley 50-10 in the championship. :o St Xavier has done nothing but play the toughest schedule in the nation for 6-8 years now, ranked ridiculously higher than anyone else in the country. In '07, all they did was schedule five state champions, with 4 of those 5 repeating in '07. They beat Prattville(Ala), Indy Cathedral(Indiana), Don Bosco(NJ) before losing to Louisville Trinity. 3-1 against 4 other state champs......then went 1-5 against Ohio teams. Tells you a little about that "vaunted" Ohio power. Again, if they wanted :) to schedule an Ohio power, they are out there, and playing many Riverdale type teams every year. If you are really interested in seeing some top teams play, IM me and I will show you where to find these games streaming on the web.

I agree that Kilbourn was not that good in 2005 when R'dale went there to play them and it was 2006 that Kilbourn did not honor their commitment to come here and play us. I will also agree that Ohio has some good teams. Most of which are PRIVATES that offer scholarships for really good players. Thing is they win THERE with 'home cooking' as they seem to not want to travel like the out of state teams that play them.

Main thing is while there are some good Ohio teams, there is NOTHING there to be scared of for Tn schools. Once you get by the hype, here and there teams can only have eleven on the field at any time.

BTW I have seen some of those 'streaming' games. While good they are NOT the best I have ever seen on a high school field. Hoover in Ala, a couple of schools in Fla and California come to mind and a BUNCH from Texas. :ph34r:

Hey jlmac make that 2 State titles 2006 and 2009 Hilliard Davidson! Same conf. as Worthington Kilbourne. HD coach is one of the better coaches in Central Ohio! Reminds me alot of Coach Rankin at Alcoa! Very big discipline kind of coach! Makes players accountable, makes them mind and work hard and really believes in his players! Nothing like seeing a team play in person vs 'streaming games! Upper Arlington also of the same Central Ohio Conf. won The D1 Title in 2000. That would be 3 State football titles this past decade for Central Ohio teams. Just a fyi!

Are you for real? Steubenville, Mooney, Ursuline and Louisville are D3, D4, and D5 schools. Steubenville, Louisville are both D3 PUBLIC schools in Ohio and I can say with confidence that very few 6A teams in Tenn. could come close to beating them. And I can say with even greater confidence that not one 6A or 5A team in Tenn. would beat Cleveland Glenville (a Public School) I can keep going with just Public Schools, Solon, Toledo Whitmer, Dublin Coffman, Pickerington Central, Cincinnati Anderson, Lakota West, Mayfield, Warren Howland, Canfield, Hilliard Davison, North Royalton, Logan, Columbus Brookhaven, Cincinnati Turpin, Poland, Hubbard, Massillon Washington, Cuyahoga Heights. Those are all PUBLIC schools in Ohio that ANY 5A, 6A team would have a hard time beating ANYWHERE they play.

With all that said MBA did beat Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller 21-6 and if I can remember right MBA had a terrible injury bug hit them in 08 and the “Stud” QB did not play most of the year as well as some other key players. If he’d of played all year MBA would have been a darn good team and would have made another run for a DII Title. So please don’t try to tell me that was not a good MBA team because it was. Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller in 08 was 6-4 and lost in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Let me say this again Ohio HS football is better than most States in the union; Florida, Texas, California, and maybe a few others. But Tenn. is not there. I can say with great confidence that Ohio HS football is one of the top 5 to 7 States for HS Football and that is pretty darn good. Tenn. Maybe……..Maybe it’s in the top 15 to 18. Look at the 4 and 5 star recruits coming out of Ohio. In Tenn.,,,,,….a few a year and some years, none!!

Listen I hope Gallatin goes up their and plays their hearts out and plays a good game. As far as I know McKinley has some studs returning from last years 8-4 regional runner up squad who lost to Massillon the State runner up. If Gallatin goes up there and has a good showing I’ll be happy for them. I live here now. I love HS football. But I’m also realistic.

Bulldog86, I keep hearing this same song year after year when Tn teams go there and WIN. Please tell me when one of those vauted teams will come HERE and show us how 'powerful' THEY are.

BTW most of the teams you mentioned are PRIVATES, so we are comparing apples to oranges somewhat. Yes, I know MBA is a private here, but when they went up there and WON they were not even the best of the privates here.

Good Luck Green Wave! :popcorneater:

Are you for real? Steubenville, Mooney, Ursuline and Louisville are D3, D4, and D5 schools. Steubenville, Louisville are both D3 PUBLIC schools in Ohio and I can say with confidence that very few 6A teams in Tenn. could come close to beating them. And I can say with even greater confidence that not one 6A or 5A team in Tenn. would beat Cleveland Glenville (a Public School) I can keep going with just Public Schools, Solon, Toledo Whitmer, Dublin Coffman, Pickerington Central, Cincinnati Anderson, Lakota West, Mayfield, Warren Howland, Canfield, Hilliard Davison, North Royalton, Logan, Columbus Brookhaven, Cincinnati Turpin, Poland, Hubbard, Massillon Washington, Cuyahoga Heights. Those are all PUBLIC schools in Ohio that ANY 5A, 6A team would have a hard time beating ANYWHERE they play.

With all that said MBA did beat Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller 21-6 and if I can remember right MBA had a terrible injury bug hit them in 08 and the “Stud” QB did not play most of the year as well as some other key players. If he’d of played all year MBA would have been a darn good team and would have made another run for a DII Title. So please don’t try to tell me that was not a good MBA team because it was. Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller in 08 was 6-4 and lost in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Let me say this again Ohio HS football is better than most States in the union; Florida, Texas, California, and maybe a few others. But Tenn. is not there. I can say with great confidence that Ohio HS football is one of the top 5 to 7 States for HS Football and that is pretty darn good. Tenn. Maybe……..Maybe it’s in the top 15 to 18. Look at the 4 and 5 star recruits coming out of Ohio. In Tenn.,,,,,….a few a year and some years, none!!

Listen I hope Gallatin goes up their and plays their hearts out and plays a good game. As far as I know McKinley has some studs returning from last years 8-4 regional runner up squad who lost to Massillon the State runner up. If Gallatin goes up there and has a good showing I’ll be happy for them. I live here now. I love HS football. But I’m also realistic.

Bulldog86, I keep hearing this same song year after year when Tn teams go there and WIN. Please tell me when one of those vauted teams will come HERE and show us how 'powerful' THEY are.

BTW most of the teams you mentioned are PRIVATES, so we are comparing apples to oranges somewhat. Yes, I know MBA is a private here, but when they went up there and WON they were not even the best of the privates here.

Good Luck Green Wave! :)

:popcorneater::roflolk::thumb::ph34r: :roflol Realistic what a joker!

Good Luck Green Wave! :popcorneater:

I am not going to argue about different states and the respected teams in them. Only ones worth arguing about are the ones that actually play a game on the field. Tennessee does not produce the D1 talent of other states. Tennessee does not have the population base of other states. They don't have the media coverage that some other states have. Whatever the reason, however, Tennessee wins more games against out of state competition than it loses. And you can't argue with that.

Now as for McKinley, they will be good. Gallatin had better be ready. Long drive and plenty of distractions. If Gallatin can look anything close to what they looked like during the spring..... I will have a good trip. :roflolk:

All right guys, I will settle this once and for all for everybody. Ohio is rated at 4 or 5 in the country(FL, CA, and TX are better and OH is pretty even with GA) for high school football top to bottom. Tennessee is probably in the 10-20 range. It's pretty clear that Ohio is a lot better than Tennessee top to bottom. Cincinnati is badass when it comes to high school football. St. X always plays, far and away, the toughest schedule in the country. That is why they are still ranked in the top 100 every year, even when they finish 7-3 or 6-4. St. X, Moeller, Elder, and Colerain rule Div I in their region . Although, Middletown shook things up a little last year(spanking Moeller 45-10.) St. Iggy, Solon, and Glenville are always good in their region. Although, Glenville can't ever win the big one(a lot of talent, but no discipline!) Davidson and Coffman dominate the Columbus region. That's it for Div I. Oops, I forgot about Anderson. They were very good last year, too. I think they just moved up to Div I last year(correct me if I'm wrong on that one Ohio guys.) In Div II, Winton Woods and Louisville are tops, but Louisville always chokes in the playoffs. Div III had the best team in the state last year in Cardinal Mooney. They are the real deal! Steubenville is always up there as well. Your smaller schools are Coldwater and Ursuline. Both very good teams. That is 15 power teams I just listed. Now Tennessee does not have that many power teams, but the ones we have can hang with those top 10 or 15 Ohio teams. MBA, BA, MUS, Maryville, Alcoa, Riverdale, Oakland, Franklin, Brentwood, White Station, Memphis East, Hillsboro, and Oak Ridge could hang with those teams. I'm not saing they would win even half the match-ups, but Tennessee's top teams are not that bad when compared to the rest of the nation. MBA, BA, and MUS are probably the best Tennessee has to offer on a yearly basis, and they have proven it in Ohio. MBA handling Moeller and BA losing a close one to St. X in the 90s(80s or 90s?) It's not out of the question that last year's MUS team could've beaten ANY team from Ohio last year. Also, that Riverdale team that came up to Ohio years back was a very solid team. I think they would've beaten every team in Ohio that year, with the exception of Colerain. That Colerain team was one of the best teams I have ever seen play!

Sorry I rambled on too much. Back to the subject at hand. Gallatin will probably get beat by McKinley. I don't think they know what they are getting into going up to that tradition-rich town and playing at that awesome stadium. I am predicting a 31-14 beatdown. Gallatin was a powerhouse back in the late 80s to early 90s, but haven't been much since. I hope the Green Wave players read this, get fired up, and prove me wrong, but I am a realist.

For you Ohio guys...if you doubt my knowledge you can ask Busman and Elderyahoo on your home sites. I'm sure they have posted on jjhuddle before. I blog on this site occasionally, but I am more of a national blogger. I like to visit coacht from time to time to keep up with my high school teams from Tennessee. Anytime you guys want to talk about any region of the country, or any state for that matter, hit me up. I always love talking high school football.